Why Bring Gase Back? I Don't Get It. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Bring Gase Back? I Don't Get It.

I do think Ross was salivating over marketing a local heisman trophy winner to the fanbase who also is exciting to watch.

THIS is the kind of IDIOCY that REALLY dooms a franchise.

You DO NOT pick your starting QB for marketing or to please a segment of the fan base.

If Ross pulls a stunt like that I AM DONE.

Gase hasn't been all bad. He has done some good things, and also inherited a pretty weird situation. I certainly can't blame all of this team's dysfunction -- or even most of it -- on Adam Gase.

What troubles me is that it was Coach Gase who took the team in this new direction of trying to fix the culture, focus on football, etc. by bringing in players and assistants who had his stamp of approval on them. And the results have been very meh. At the end of the day, I think Gase must be accountable for this staff failures as well as some of these player acquisition failures.

If Steve Ross still feels that Adam Gase is the guy -- if he feels as strongly as he did in 2016 -- then he should retain the coach, period. But if he's wavering, if he's seen things he doesn't like, or if he's just lost faith in the guy, then it's time for a clean sweep.

We'll see.

If you want to keep gase, it's bc you're afraid of taking chances.

And those kind of people are rarely successful.

They see we've got a playoff appearence and a"wasted" season bc the qb got hurt

What they fail to see is the horrid point split and w/l record on the road and in prime time games - and not to mention situational play calling that cost us 2 games this season

They're comfortable w/ hovering around .500 and flirting w/ the playoff hunt every year, bc its better than being 3-13.

But like I said, those people rarely make history.

Take a chance on being great. If you know you don't have the guy, then don't waste any more time on him/them

I think you have to ask yourself

I I think their should be a legit OC that handles the play calling duties. .

Hey B, Mr Gase will never give up play calling on the offense, that would mean he is admitting failure, something Psychopaths and Sociopaths do not do. It just is not going to happen.

The Ever People Do Not Change VIPER

Gase is young and needs time to grow and learn.

Hey V, nope, well yeah I guess he is young compared to the living fossil Jerry Jones, but really, he is not that "young". If he was 26, yeah maybe, but he is 40, and has been around football all of his "life". So if you want to use another reason, ok, maybe, but the "young" excuse is just that, an excuse, and I think it is wearing a bit thin. Sean McVay is 31 and is having a modicum of success, so there is that.

The Ever Opinionated VIPER

Back
Top Bottom