Why Bring Gase Back? I Don't Get It. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Bring Gase Back? I Don't Get It.

Well If we beat Jax, the defense is gonna have to do the scoring bc Tannehill and Gase arnt scoring many points on that Jags defense. Prob 3 or 6 points.

That defense has given up fewer than 24 points on the road ONCE this year.

Week 1.

To the Giants.

I think you have to ask yourself
The major concern here is the Fins playing on the road... There are a few things to consider here.

Fins hired a rookie head coach, I dont think you can slap the 3 year probation period on a guy making his first go at it. He doesnt have the experience, so you should expect a learning curve given that there are some good things to build on.

Gase's home record is very very good... The fight in his team in close games cant be understated.

His road record is atrocious, very very bad looking performances when on the road vs physical teams. Its on him to fix this, I think alot of it is roster related, Fins dont control the LOS very well and that shows up alot more on the road. while he's obviously in charge of his roster, 3 offseasons wont get you all the way there and I interested in seeing what he has in mind folloing this season. Because nevermind injuries, I really liked the Wilson and Sitton aquisitions and what he had in mind before the injuries started piling up.

I'd be willing to give Gase another season if there were major changes coming on the defensive side of the ball and they planned to strenghten the trenches on offense and defense. Let him learn from his mistakes.

Its not like there's a clear upgrade around the corner

and...

Its not like the Fins are 1 year away from a SB, if he tanks, it just gives you more resources to put aroud Howard, Fitzpatrick, Baker, McMillan, Wilson, Grant, Drake.... For the next coach

I agree with this.

We are a strong team at home.....which is something that has developed over the last few years. The lack of success on the road is the problem.

There needs to be changes, and if Gase stays, I think that should include a new DC as I am disgusted by this defense and I think their should be a legit OC that handles the play calling duties. The player depth issue is on every team....but more so in Miami. Draft some beef for the O-line and some head hunters on the D-line and our young linebackers will look a heck of a lot better.

Edit: We need to feature a TE that can play on the offensive side of the ball. I like what I see in Oleary, would like to see him get more playing time.

I am on the fence about Gase more than I thought I would be. I am sick of the coaching carousel in Miami and believe we will never see real success until we have stability. Gase is young and needs time to grow and learn. My question is what has he learned so far, and what is he changing to improve?

I like the never quit attitude in the team and I believe the team is playing above it’s talent level. These are excellent things that should not be dismissed lightly. At the same time, his play calling, situational awareness and defense are abysmal. Preparation on the road seems weak.

It’s a conundrum. If you fire Gase and don’t completely start fresh, there is no point. If they do clean house, Ross is still making the management decisions, and that is the real problem. You are just as likely to have a worse staff than a better one.

If the Dolphins want to win, they need to be physical, and that starts on the line of scrimmage. Both lines need massive work. Drafting has improved, but we still need to be more consistent. The QB position is also a puzzle, as RT plays very well with time, but if the OL isn’t improved, a QB that has better mobility will be a priority. The problem is those types of QB’s usually trade passing for mobility and the offense eventually becomes one dimensional.

Should the Dolphins fire Gase? I am leaning toward no, but this is not an easy decision.

Because right now we’re a second rate organization and there’s no way we pull another Adam Gase, who was one of the top head coaching prospects when we hired him. If you’re OK with hiring this season’s Joe Philbin or Tony Sparano and being right back here again in 3-4 seasons, by all means fire Gase.

It's looking like Gase was more hype than substance. The 'hot' names don't always work out ... just ask anyone from Belichick's coaching tree (Mangenius ... classic). This team needs proven and hard nosed, stat.

I'd also be cool with someone like Campbell, granted his coordinators are Xs and Os masters, given his (perceived?) lack of expertise. His players would run through a wall for him ... which is how you become a physical football team.

I don't see this as a don't throw the baby out with the bathwater situation concerning Gase ... he's been very much part of the problem. Plus how much involvement do you want him to have with picking a new QB and that possible marriage going forward? Dicey.

It's looking like Gase was more hype than substance. The 'hot' names don't always work out ... just ask anyone from Belichick's coaching tree (Mangenius ... classic). This team needs proven and hard nosed, stat.

I'd also be cool with someone like Campbell, granted his coordinators are Xs and Os masters, given his (perceived?) lack of expertise. His players would run through a wall for him ... which is how you become a physical football team.

I don't see this as a don't throw the baby out with the bathwater situation concerning Gase ... he's been very much part of the problem. Plus how much involvement do you want him to have with picking a new QB and that possible marriage going forward? Dicey.

80% of Gase's problem is hired an idiot as OC

Once again I'll say I think many fans overestimate the talent on this team.

Does anyone recall the Vegas line for wins to start the season? It's been surpassed *with* the inordinate amount of injuries to key players. That ought to tell you something.

Does Gase need to step up his coaching? Yes, of course he does. Nobody argues that.

If he wants to stay Miami's head ball coach, he can start by replacing 'the almost as stubborn as Gase' Burke and his awful, awful wide 9.

He can follow that up by installing an offensive coordinator as well, thereby replacing himself and his adjutant sidekick.

Once again I'll say I think many fans overestimate the talent on this team.

Does anyone recall the Vegas line for wins to start the season? It's been surpassed *with* the inordinate amount of injuries to key players. That ought to tell you something.

Does Gase need to step up his coaching? Yes, of course he does. Nobody argues that.

If he wants to stay Miami's head ball coach, he can start by replacing 'the almost as stubborn as Gase' Burke and his awful, awful wide 9.

He can follow that up by installing an offensive coordinator as well, thereby replacing himself and his adjutant sidekick.
I don't believe our "talent level" is as bad as you are portraying. Are we elite across the board? No, but nobody is. Have injuries taken a heavy toll? Absolutely. Far more than most teams.

That is no excuse for what is going on here. Of course we have injuries. That will happen when you sign older players with a history of injury. That will happen when your receivers are way undersized as a unit. That's management's (including Gase).

He has no discernable defensive philosophy of Hus own. Really? Is that what you want in a HC? When the whole defense is confused, and looks in disarray game in and game out, that is not a talent issue. Are all our guys dumb and slow? Gotta lay that on coaching.

I don't like loosing, but, to me, there isn't much difference between 8-8 or 4-12. Neither is acceptable when it goes on for decades.

I guess it could be worse. We could be Cleveland.

But I digress..... Tell me again what Gase does well.

I totally agree that consistency is the cornerstone for long term success in any organization. Consistency, in and of itself doesn't guarantee success though.

Believe me, the thought of starting over gives me that Philbin queasy feeling. I hate it, but I honestly don't think Gase is up to the task.

Not only is he clueless about the defensive side of the ball, what's worse is he is disinterested in it.

His play calling is baffling at times to say the least. I used to think he would learn as he went, but now I'm not even confident in that.

To your point about who could we get that would be better? There are no guarantees with anyone, but I really don't see Gase as getting the job done.
I would take McCarthy in a second.

He has had Cutler and Osweiler start 21 games and is at .500 still. They have yet to quit on him and are a strong 4th quarter team. There are plenty of reasons to keep him.

There was no reason for yet another thread like this though.

He CHOSE to sign and start Cutler and Osweiler so if they started 21 games for him that's 100% on Gase.

Back
Top Bottom