Why Bring Gase Back? I Don't Get It. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Bring Gase Back? I Don't Get It.

I'm pretty much done with Gase. I think next year is a waste but we are basically "pot committed" until after next year. If next year is the disaster this one was, and it was a disaster, we can MAYBE finally clean house, players and front office. That's if it doesn't work out but if it does, then it does. Point is, I'm not some cry baby petulant child screaming when I don't get my way. I can see or understand that we have at least one more year with the current QB and coach, mostly based on the QB contract.

Because some people enjoy 8-8. It's not 6-10 or 4-12. I guess...
Personally 8-8, 6-10, 4-12, all feel the same this time of year.

For me personally, this season was kinda the worst, my fav players, Suh and Landry were gone. We didn't have any player really win me over as a new fav. All season I knew we didn't have the talent to make the playoffs. I really just want one player to step up and be exciting to watch on Sundays at least....

Overall just not excited about our future. Keeping Gase and Tannehill will get us back to 8-8 in 2019, just good enough to miss the QB prospects but bad enough for us all to see the mediocre season coming a mile away.

One word sums up the Miami Dolphins..... Depressing!

The writing is on the wall for this staff, the question now is how much of the management team is going with them. If Gase stays he's a lame duck HC first rate defensive coordinators (like Jim Schwartz for example) aren't going to be interested. Fiddling with plays sitting on the bench during a game isn't an acceptable behavior for a HC.
I don't think Gase could manage a staff like the Chargers, doesn't come off as a real leader to me.

3 years is enough time to see if things are going in the right direction, this team is regressing. Remember all we needed when Gase hired was someone to take Tannehill to the next level.. I could see Ross blowing it all up for Jim Harbaugh or hiring back Vance Joseph as DC and spinning that as we got the playoff band back together..

The writing is on the wall for this staff, the question now is how much of the management team is going with them. If Gase stays he's a lame duck HC first rate defensive coordinators (like Jim Schwartz for example) aren't going to be interested. Fiddling with plays sitting on the bench during a game isn't an acceptable behavior for a HC.
I don't think Gase could manage a staff like the Chargers, doesn't come off as a real leader to me.

3 years is enough time to see if things are going in the right direction, this team is regressing. Remember all we needed when Gase hired was someone to take Tannehill to the next level.. I could see Ross blowing it all up for Jim Harbaugh or hiring back Vance Joseph as DC and spinning that as we got the playoff band back together..

If they bring back VJ, I will be done and never watch this team again

The major concern here is the Fins playing on the road... There are a few things to consider here.

Fins hired a rookie head coach, I dont think you can slap the 3 year probation period on a guy making his first go at it. He doesnt have the experience, so you should expect a learning curve given that there are some good things to build on.

Gase's home record is very very good... The fight in his team in close games cant be understated.

His road record is atrocious, very very bad looking performances when on the road vs physical teams. Its on him to fix this, I think alot of it is roster related, Fins dont control the LOS very well and that shows up alot more on the road. while he's obviously in charge of his roster, 3 offseasons wont get you all the way there and I interested in seeing what he has in mind folloing this season. Because nevermind injuries, I really liked the Wilson and Sitton aquisitions and what he had in mind before the injuries started piling up.

I'd be willing to give Gase another season if there were major changes coming on the defensive side of the ball and they planned to strenghten the trenches on offense and defense. Let him learn from his mistakes.

Its not like there's a clear upgrade around the corner

and...

Its not like the Fins are 1 year away from a SB, if he tanks, it just gives you more resources to put aroud Howard, Fitzpatrick, Baker, McMillan, Wilson, Grant, Drake.... For the next coach

The last two years under Gase has been a total mess. Play calling , quarterback development and evaluation , personnel handling , etc. A **** show. I mean seriously what is Gase's strengths as a head coach? Let's say we keep him . He fires Burk. Who's he gonna bring in being on the Hot seat? You've seen our coaching staff . Who wants to work with him? I'm starting to think it's better for us to just clean house , suck next year from the beginning , and get our Qb in the 2020 Draft. The last thing we need is another 8-8 Gase Tannehill and Tannenbum show to screw us out of a top pick. Excuse me just rewatched that disgrace of a game we played last week , pitiful.

It starts with a different philosophy and good drafting. Gase is not the answer so we are just delaying the inevitable patching it up with a new defensive coordinator. Putting bandaids on positions etc. you need a good nucleus of young hungry players that grow together to win.

We will beat a pathetic 4-10 Jags team and people will be acting like we're right back on track. People will forget the butt kicking in Minnesota last week and all the other abysmal performances we've had this season. That is, until we play Buffalo at Buffalo in our final game. We won't beat them on their home field. Josh Allen will run for 200 yards and probably throw for 400 on our disgusting excuse for a defense.

Well If we beat Jax, the defense is gonna have to do the scoring bc Tannehill and Gase arnt scoring many points on that Jags defense. Prob 3 or 6 points.

Personally 8-8, 6-10, 4-12, all feel the same this time of year.

For me personally, this season was kinda the worst, my fav players, Suh and Landry were gone. We didn't have any player really win me over as a new fav. All season I knew we didn't have the talent to make the playoffs. I really just want one player to step up and be exciting to watch on Sundays at least....

Overall just not excited about our future. Keeping Gase and Tannehill will get us back to 8-8 in 2019, just good enough to miss the QB prospects but bad enough for us all to see the mediocre season coming a mile away.

One word sums up the Miami Dolphins..... Depressing!

I feel the same way. I think we are further away from a Super Bowl now than at any other time in my life (40 years).

Back
Top Bottom