Why Can’t We Turn It Around? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Can’t We Turn It Around?

Not saying that... I’m saying that until you find a great QB...a winner..you keep looking.

We passed on QB’s I wanted to take at the time...period

Not saying I disagree (depending on "keep looking," but teams with 'good QBs' don't look often

And you act like Tannehill doesn't make those throws. Tannehill is every bit as accurate as Goff. There is no issue with Tannehill's accuracy. If you want to make the case that Tannehill's pocket presence is an issue I'll agree with you, but his accuracy has never been an issue. Goff isn't some master at moving or manipulating the pocket. He is in a brilliant system surrounded by talented players and isn't making wow type plays by extending the play ala Aaron Rodgers. I believe Tannehill would be just as productive as Goff in that situation.

I’ll just politely disagree with this. As someone who has watched every single Tannehill start, I feel like I can count on two hands the number of actual “wow” throws the guy has made in career. The kind that make you feel like you’re watching something special.

The one to Stills vs. San Diego in 2016 immediately comes to mind. The throw to Stills vs. the Raiders earlier this season.

Watch Goff’s highlights against the Vikings a few weeks ago. He made about 5-6 “wow” throws in that game alone.

It's the passes in tight spaces I believe hes talking about. Be honest with yourself, how many of those tight throws have you seen Tanne make? Goff is doing it consistently. Its really fun to watch.
Tons. He does it all the time. I swear, so many of the posters on here want to make things up about Tannehill to back up their case on why the Dolphins need to move on from him, but they just aren't true. Criticize him all you want about how he lacks pocket presence or he hasn't been healthy lately, but to question things like him not being able to make tight window throws consistently is just a fabrication.

I don't know if Gase tells him to be more conservative to limit TOs or its just the offense we run, but those tight window throws are few and far between.

Crappy front office have led to this purgatory. The inability to draft top-notch players and hire top notch coaches all falls on the front office.

Not saying I disagree (depending on "keep looking," but teams with 'good QBs' don't look often

We don’t have one...Green Bay drafted Aaron Rodgers whilst they had Brett Favre....New England drafted Tom Brady while they had Drew Bledsoe.

This organization has failed to prioritize the QB position minus overdrafting Ryan Tannehill...and it has paid the price.

Back
Top Bottom