Why did we pick a Long Snapper at #185? Only issue I have with the Draft Picks. Does anyone else have any issues? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we pick a Long Snapper at #185? Only issue I have with the Draft Picks. Does anyone else have any issues?

Pompy

Starter
Reaction score
The main thing I don't understand is we picked a long snapper when most teams never pick a long snapper in the draft and in the six round and not seventh. Six picks later the best Punter in the Draft at #191 was takened. Braden Mann was the pick and to the Jets of all teams. Punter would of been upgraded with Mann.

Long snappers tend to only get noticed during blatant errors, but they are still very important to both points and position in a game. I have absolutely no problem with this pick. We just got spoiled when we had the best for many many years. If our coaches felt we needed an upgrade here I'll believe in them....for the moment. :)

You just never know when there is going to be a run on longer snappers in the draft.

Grier wasn't going to take a chance so he went ahead and got his man!

At least he didn't trade up for him.

Last edited:
snappa before punt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EVERY TIME!

best pick of the draft! And yo --- I'm talkin' the entire draft!

Yep. We snagged us some ELITE snappa!

In my opinion.

Of course.

BNF

Grier and Flores have made it pretty clear that they value special team units. First we signed a bunch of quality, ST captain, players in FA. Then we drafted guys like Igbinoghene, Jones and Perry. We cut our LS from last season the day after we drafted Ferguson. Clearly he is a guy the FO value and believe will be our LS for the next decade plus.

No big deal.

Those things will happwn when you have a half dozen picks in the final two rds.

Between those picks, and UDFAs, there are 30 guys not making the roster. What's the issue with taking a guy almost gauranteed a spot?

Back
Top Bottom