Why did you become a fan of the Dolphins ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did you become a fan of the Dolphins ?

When I was in kindergarden, my mother bought me a notebook binder with a curious-looking fish on it. It was one of the first things that I can ever remember someone giving me and I was so happy that no one else had one like mine. The year was 1972 and I've been a "Dolphin" ever since!

I became a Dolphins fan the old fashion way. I jumped on the bandwagon when they beat the Jets in the AFC championship back in 1982. That was pretty much the first football game I watched at 7 years old and somehow the Dolphins stuck. I also liked the colors which is common for youngsters. The funny thing is that if my Dad was rooting for the Jets (he was going for the Dolphins) and the Jets had there is a chance I could be a Jets fan.

I grew up in St. Louis and was a huge Cardinal fan until Bill Bidwell took the money and moved the team to Phoenix in 1987. Man talk about painful, losing the football team you've loved since discovering football as a child.

Anyway I had to find a new team to root for and I liked Miami's style of play (although I wasn't a huge Marino fan) and I also had hopes of one day moving to the fun and sun of South Florida. Well I've been a huge Miami fan since '88 and I've lived in South Florida since '97 and I'm also now a current season ticket holder.

I've got a bit more oversea's roots then ya'll so :p heh i was living in Greece at the time (dad in AF) i loved the Dolphins swimming in the ocean so they were my favorite animal, when we moved back to the US i was channel surfing and saw this team playing and i heard the annoucer say "and the Dolphins now take over" so i was like "wow a team called Dolphins!! i started watching, i saw this guy named Marino take the ball, drop back, as he was being rushed fired the ball out of his hand in a perfect spiral on a rope to his reciever, and was hooked ever since

I hear all the cover stories you guys make-up, but I for one am NOT afraid to acknowledge the voices... the relentless and pounding voices... and their message as to what will become of our race should we fail to worship the utopio-transcendent Dolphin ultraforms.

Like it would REALLY just be FINE with you that we'd all be preserved in amber? Gimme a break!

Next question.

Nice thread...

...Dolphins history, by the time I got to know about football, Dan Marino at the helm and what a city. Loved the climate, beaches, cuisine and what about them cheerleaders! Schwing!!!

I was in Fort Lauderdale on vacation in about 98 and wanted to see a game. I had watched the games on TV a couple of times in UK, but wanted to live life the American Way and go to a ball game. I could not get tickets for the Tampa game, but the Phins were at home and we got tickets to see Marino v the rookie Manning.

I was taken with the atmosphere and the team and have followed them since. I rarely get to see games on TV, but listen to all games on the internet and try to see at least one game every year when I go to Florida on vacation.

Can anyone beat this record? I have been to a Phins game once a year for 5 years and have never seen them lose (but I do always go in September!!!) Maybe they would pay to fly their good luck symbol out to Florida in December:lol:

A neighborhood kid asked me to draw a team out of a pot for a few bucks and I drew out the MIAMI DOLPHINS...

...well, they went to the Super Bowl that year in 1983 and lost to the Redskins.

I've been hooked ever since!

GO DOLPHINS!

My brother who is a raider fan asked me who my favorite team was when i was about 8 years old. At the time my dad was rooting for the Dolphins!! So that is what i said, I am a dolphin fan. Have been one ever since. Even thought i have come to find out that my dad is a Bungle fan. Thank god the dolphins was in the playoffs and the bungles wasn't that year. or I could be a tortured bengal fan right now:whew:
Ira

I was young and really liked Dan Marino. I also liked the logo and the animal so I became a Dolphins fan. I have been a fan ever since.

Originally posted by Boone
A neighborhood kid asked me to draw a team out of a pot for a few bucks and I drew out the MIAMI DOLPHINS...

...well, they went to the Super Bowl that year in 1983 and lost to the Redskins.

I've been hooked ever since!

GO DOLPHINS!

Excellent picture of Ashley Judd,, Boone .....:jawdrop: :drool: :lol: Marino1983

For me when I was first getting into football my friend and I would be talking about football and he would tell me different stuff about all of the different players on the Phins so when I would be watching the games that was the team I knew the most about so thats who I would cheer for and have been a fan ever since.....

Like Trick Daddy says.. "Born n Raised in the county of Dade"

-But I'm a Miramar boy now.. :D

I became a Dolphin fan through me good old dad.

standing in the lunch line in '72. i was in second grade. a kid asked me who i was rootin' for in the super bowl and i replied i don't know. who is playing? redskins and dolphins...i said dolphins. guess who won.

by the way, i was born in fla and spent the majority of my life in the PA/NY area. i made the decision while living in NY...hehe.

the rest, as they say, is history.

Back
Top Bottom