Why did you become a fan of the Dolphins ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did you become a fan of the Dolphins ?

This topic sure seems to have compelled a few of us (including myself) who normally just browse without posting to post!! What's funny is I remember the same topic in a thread a good while ago not getting a similar response. :)

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I just want everyone to share why they're a fan of the Dolphins.

For those in South Florida it should be easy to answer, but for the "foreigns" ones like me it could be interesting.

For my part each weekdays morning I was listening to the sport news and each monday they had some highlights about the NFL. The name that was always coming back was Marino and it caught my eyes. I didn't even know that games were on TV on sundays (I was 12-13 years old and was playing outside ! ). And I liked the Dolphins Jersey too.

Fortunately most of the games presented by the local network were the Dolphins.

So now I'm a very big fan !
:tongue:
the first owners of the team were, joe robbie and danny thomas. (danny is a big name for the fins), anyway, thomas was a favorite comedien and i hated the rams so i started following the dolphins! the last few years were disappointing, but if you look at the overall record of the fins, they've done pretty damn good! the one superbowl that marino went to, they got there on dans arm alone, no defense or running game!;)

Dolphinism was instilled upon me at birth...

My dad's from Miami so when I was growing up we would go down to my grandparents house, and I ALWAYS got something with the Miami Dolphins on it. Them and the Miami Hurricanes.:cool: We always watched the games together and my grandpa would always bitch like mad when Griese threw an interception, lol.

Re: Dolphinism was instilled upon me at birth...

Originally posted by Jaydog57
My dad's from Miami so when I was growing up we would go down to my grandparents house, and I ALWAYS got something with the Miami Dolphins on it. Them and the Miami Hurricanes.:cool: We always watched the games together and my grandpa would always bitch like mad when Griese threw an interception, lol.
according to you're signature, i've seen very damn few maniacs!;)

1969, watching a Jet/Dolphin game. 9 guys must have had to leave the game by halftime it was a bloodbath. That's the day I became a Fin fan. Dad had season tickets to the Jets back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
We moved to South Florida from PA when I was 5, and my Dad has always been a big football fan... He was a Penn State/Steeler fan when we moved, but he's one of those people who goes for the local team, wherever he lives... After we were here a few years, he bought season tickets with some friends at work, and they used to take me along and buy a cheap ticket and squeeze me in on the bench seats in between them...

When I was in Elementary school, we had a project where we were supposed to follow our favorite football team and make all kinds of posters from newpaper clippings and such... I picked the Dolphins, since in our house Shula was God and the Dolphins were the only thing we either watched on TV or went to see on Sundays...

The year was 1972... Perfect timing for an A... What teacher could give a kid anything less than a perfect grade for a project on a perfect team???

So I have always been a Dolphin fan... I remember going to practices, though I can't remember where, some college I think... I remember seeing Don Shula running laps with the team around the practice field... Seeing players around town was no big deal back then...

My Dad has since moved to the west coast, and is a Bucs fan... But I never will switch, been a fan for 35 years, and always will be...

I even had a "Super Bloop" T-shirt, with a cartoon character of Garo with a footballl in his hand, as if to throw, with a chain connected to the football and his wrist...

I became a fan in 1971 watching the overtime playoff game with my father against the Chiefs. I was 6 years old and lived in Rochester NY (Upstate not far from Buffalo). I was hooked that day.

My father went to Miami on business the next year and bought me a complete kids Jersey with helmet, should pads and pants.

I would wear the whole jersey outside in the snow against the other kids in the neighborhood while playing football.

I use to get my butt kicked every time I wore that thing yet would be outside the next day READY for another game of football/whooping.

I still have my Jacket from the 72' season.

in 1988 i went to miami with a friend of mine and he pulled me over to a dolphins game and i saw dan marino play, the rest was pretty easy.... :D

actually clump, you like the dolphins a lot, or why do you spent so much time over here....huh ???? :evil:

I Live in Patriots country and I was actually born in Key West Florida and My dad got me hooked when i was like 5 or 6 I loved the phins and Loved my dad so much.
We would watch the games together (up here in Massachusetts i can atleast see them play the Pats on tv twice) then my dad passed away at a young age of 60 and I figured I was going to carry the Legacy.
Now my son who is 4 is A dolphins fan Woooooooooohoooooooo

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Living in Kali, I get that question a lot! And to this day, I dont have a definitive answer to that. I've been a Dolphin fan since I learned the concept of football (3rd grade-1983) I was born in Dec. of 73! All when the Fins were doing good, maybe its just one of those freak things! Im also a bit of an against the grain kinda guy, so while the masses root for the raiders, there has to be a voice of opposition, me! Im also an avid Laker hater. Come to think of it maybe Im just an a$$hole!

:lol:

im a dolphins fan becuase my dad is a dolphins fan and he got me hooked which he got from his brother in law. cuz his brother in law went to the same high school bob griese did so thats how it all started.

Dan Marino.

The First game I ever really sat down and watched was the Monday Night game in December of 1985 where Marino thrashed the vaunted Bears defense.

Back
Top Bottom