Why Didnt We Resign Him!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Didnt We Resign Him!!!

Well said Boomer, Freemans been outstanding, especially getting to the edges of the field and turning the running plays inside. He also times his blitzes very well. And, oh, hes much faster than Walker.

I Actually think Freeman is playing at Walkers level....and having a better year, of course, with Freeman getting more help.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm still trying to figure out why we didn't re-sign Troy Vincent...

I couldn't believe we didn't re-sign him to. The best corner we had up to that date. Remember when shula decided to use him for a punt returner one time and he blew out his knee. The next season he wasn't quite as good, understandably. But then he got it all back.

There was an ESPN chat with him, and he was asked about that. I can't remember what he said though. If someone knows how to get to those old chats, he answers that exact question. I do remember that it was his choice to go to Philly though......

Vincent was actually all set to resign with the Phins. His signing with Philly was due to a mistake by Troy's agent during talks.

Found it....

Nick (Cherry Hill): Troy, why did you choose to sign with the Eagles versus staying with Miami?

Troy Vincent: First, I wanted to play for Ray Rhodes and Emmit Thomas. I had always heard great things. Secondly, the chance to come home and play. I went to school 25 miles north of the stadium. I took a paycut but the experience has been far greater than money.

I know that there are a couple of guys on another board who remember the Vincent fiasco vividly. I will pick their brains on this one. However, if memory serves me correctly, the Dolphins offered Vincent exactly the same money overall as the Eagles. However, the Dolphins deal included a lower base salary. JJ told Vincent that he would work something out. Somehow, along the way, Vincent's agent (from rough memory, someone who had a vested interest in Troy going to Philly) gave Troy incorrect information concerning the Dolphins proposed deal.

Walker is on the sorry Lions and he is at FS not SS.....Freeman mcuh faster than Walker??? I dont think so.....and Freeman yea he covered Gonzalez well but if u remember he let Gonzalez get that 2nd TD were he completely missed him. ITs sad how all of you think Freeman is so good.....he is not as good as you all think. Walker is so mcuh better...

im gonna go look for stats to prove u all wrong

Brian is starting at FS and only played 5 games so far compared to Freemans 7 and NFL is wrong it says he has 14 tackles then it says 14 single and 8 assists. So he has in reality 18 tackles and he has 2 less games....and Freeman is averaging 4 tackles a game and Walker is averaging 3.6 almost 4. AND hes at FS so im telling you Freeman isnt as good as you think. Walker is better and hes on the sorry Lions and he is doing about as good as Freeman.

Also Fins team ahve a total of 11 INTs as a team Lions have 5......

They already have an answer and that it's "your mental" so there not bothering to answer you.

Walker isn't that good. He was a scrub for years before being allowed to start here where he had 3 guys all having pro bowl years around him. He is NOT worth the money he is getting in Detroit where he is having a mediocre year. The simple fact you quoted assisted tackles as a tackle is worth dismissing you. There is a good reason why they call it assisted in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom