Why Didnt We Resign Him!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Didnt We Resign Him!!!

Also Derrick Gibson is a starter he is thier starting SS, and ive looked inside the #'s and found the first year players were called starting SS, tihis year Freeman has 30 something tackles and could maybe get 77 like Walker did in his first 16 game-season. But he will not get 7 INTs like Walker did unless something in the universe changes....and so what if he is 30??? Rice is 40 and look at him. Now BW is no RICE but still he is pretty damn good at his position...

It is simply ignorant to judge a safety's play on the number of INTs or forced fumbles. That is like saying Sam sucked last year cuz he only had 3. Depending on the system, a safety may be back in coverage, doubling a guy, covering a TE or back coming out of the backfield, or being up in an 8-man front. One of the most overlooked jobs of a safety is to take away the deep pass, and force the underneath pass. What about the times when Freeman has to channel running plays and/or passing plays to certain players, such as Zach, or the corners? He has so many jobs that he is doing a great job at, and you're overlooking them. Also, don't you think that the fact that my man Brock is back there with him is taking some of his glamour away? Seriously, Freeman is doing a really good job......

I liked Walker but anyone craving his resigning and critizing Freeman's play need only look at last years playoff game vs the Ravens. A safety couldn't play a worse game then Walker played that day.

my .02 cents...

first off, i find it pretty disturbing that fellow fin fans would talk down to another fin fan because their opinions differ, and that is all this is, opinions. stats don't tell the whole story, and neither does a player's performance in the "3rd game of the 2000 season". it's opinion, and we should all be entitled to ours without being talked down to.
now, with that out of the way, here's MY opinion:
walker is not worth the cash he is paid, very few fs or ss EVER deserve that kind of money, i would pay it for ronnie lott, not brian walker.
freeman is a GOOD safety, he sure as hell is not probowl caliber. with today's free agency and salary cap, you really can't afford to pay 2 marions to play db and have enough money to go around to other positions.
the only problem i have with freeman is when watching the tapes it looks like he takes the wrong angle to tackle sometimes, which i'm sure is easy to correct with coaching and time. i might be wrong, but that is just my opinion.

Freeman or Walker, look I like Freeman overall, i think he is good i started thinking about Walker when i saw his stats. if Freeman can hae 3 or more INTs at end of season ill know he i worth it, because we know he can tackle but can he make plays....

OK...for every1 let me aks you this ?

ok if yu had Brian Walker or Arturo Freeman despite their salary who would u start???

Freeman, more upside, he's younger...

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
OK...for every1 let me aks you this ?

ok if yu had Brian Walker or Arturo Freeman despite their salary who would u start???

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm still trying to figure out why we didn't re-sign Troy Vincent...

Well the primary reason Troy Vincent left was the salary cap. In 1995 in the failed attempt to get to the Super Bowl, the club resigned Jeff Cross to a hefty contract increase, and signed high priced free-agent contracts to Eric Green and Steve Entman. All of those contracts had really nasty salary cap effects for the 1996 season($7.5 million of dead cap money).
Unfotunately, at the end of the 1995 season Troy Vincent, Bryan Cox, and Marco Coleman were all free-agents. This coupled with JJ taking over the team did not bode well for keeping any of the three.
JJ did make a good offer to Vincent, however Philadelphia gave Vincent an offer with a much bigger bonus, and a 1996 salary cap value of $4 million. Since the Dolphins did not have the cap room to match it, Vincent went to Philadelphia

Id take Walker for the reason he has more experience and he has betetr vision but Freeman is good....prolly the best backup we coulda gotten to replace Walker

LOL OMG FREEMAN COST US A TD!!! THAT PI LMFAO!!!

WE NEED TO BRING BACK

BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN!

FORGET DA SALARY HES MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!

One pass interference call and you want Brian back? Wait a sec, Patrick Surtain has had a couple pass interference calls this season, lets bring back Terrell Buckley, no, even better, lets bring back Jerry Wilson......

lol nO! BRING BACK brian he covers much better and doesnt hold like freeman!!

It's over. Freeman is here, and Walker is gone. Brian Walker won't come back. Why do you keep making posts about stuff that is over and will never happen???(Lets get Deuce, Brian Walker)

Back
Top Bottom