Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB?

Originally posted by finheavenfan
I hope he would get injured so another quarterback can do something better than a decent job.

sick.

Originally posted by finheavenfan

HOw much better has he become. We have seen for 3 seasons what Jay fiedler can do. Do you call 5 games success? All he has been doing in the system is delivering the ball and following the structure of the play. He hasn't broken out and made things happen. In fact, Jay Fielder isn't the most accurate passer out there and far from it. If you see every dolphins game you'll know that you will see a lot of overthrown/underthrown/unaccurate passes. So please don't make Fiedler sound like a hall of fame quarterback, an open competition will probably go against him and I hope he would get injured so another quarterback can do something better than a decent job.

Where did I say anything about a Hall of Fame QB? All I'm saying is it is unrealistic to expect Brian to come down here and learn the offense quick enough to take the job from Jay. On top of that, Jay has chemistry with Chambers, McKnight, McMichael, and pretty much the whole offense. Thats another thing Griese would have to overcome. The fact is, it is very unrealistic to expect Griese to start next season......

Griese will not be satisfied with just being a back-up.

Lastly, I have lost all respect for you. You hope Jay gets injured? For what? So another QB comes and takes his job? NOTHING is worth an injury to someone. Not a thing. Classless......

Isn't this the same thread we had last year just replace Brian's name with Ray. I would like to see Jay and Brian compete for the job but I don't think it will happen for the reason other's have stated mostly learning the system.

Originally posted by justafan
Griese will not be satisfied with just being a back-up.

How do you know this justa? Did you have a martini with him last night? Unless this came from his mouth, you really have no idea......

I'm all for Brian and Jay fighting in training camp for the #1 spot. Jay will win in a landslide, but it'll be a good thing for the whole team, and show to the team and the fans that Jay is better than some of the more publicised names out there.

Jay knows the system, is more accurate, more mobile, smarter, tougher, and knows our receivers and linemen better.

Jay is not injury prone. Other than a broken thumb (Which is nothing to be considered towards being injury prone) he has missed one game in three years, and in opinion of many in this board to be at least top 10 when it comes to toughness.

You want to talk about inaccuracy? No QB is perfect. Jay has his underthrows and overthrows. Guess what! Every QB from Jon Kitna to Brett Favre does this! No Jay is not Dan Marino, but he is gritty, effecient, smart, and has probably more heart on this team other than Zach Thomas. Jay Fiedler is our starting Quarterback for a reason. Jay Fiedler is a good Quarterback, and Brian Griese is not as good as him, at least not for the Dolphins. Damn I hope we get him as a backup though. :) I've always liked Griese even with the Broncos. I'd be enthralled to have him here.

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Jay is not injury prone. Other than a broken thumb (Which is nothing to be considered towards being injury prone) he has missed one game in three years, and in opinion of many in this board to be at least top 10 when it comes to toughness.

Jay has had almost as many games played injured as he's had games played healthy. Just because a player starts doesn't mean he isn't injured.

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I'm in love with Jay? Very mature bro. You ever played orgainized football? Do you realize how hard it is to learn a playbook? I'm a really smart guy, and it took my about a month to learn the very basic defense we play down here. Offense, especially Norv's complicated offense, is a lot harder to learn. Jay is an Ivy League graduate, and he is STILL learning the system. Its called being a realist. Do I wish Griese came here, learned the playbook in a month, and won the starting job? I sure do. Do I think its possible that it will happen? Not a chance. So instead of attacking me personally for sharing the probable truth with you, why don't you give me an educated response as to why Griese should be the starter over Jay.......

How stupid of you to think I was questioning your sexual preferences. I meant as a player not of any homosexual love. Now I can care less for th respect you have for me because I don't know you or have ever seen you at least. No one in here including me has sent you a personal attack and if you feel that I did then I can care less. You should just stop posting in here if you don't feel that comfortable in here. Get a life....., everyone has been posting their opinion then you come in here to not only post your opinion but point out someone from the thread for supposably questioning your sexual preferences.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

So we're sure to have a better backup this year than last year with either Fiedler or Griese instead of Lucas. That's how I see it.

Actually, we'd have a better backup if we signed "Big Bird" from Sesame Street compared to what we had last year. Griese will do fine and IMO opinion, fielder will be pushed. It's all good Phin fans. :cool:

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Jay has had almost as many games played injured as he's had games played healthy. Just because a player starts doesn't mean he isn't injured.

Alright, in 2000 his first year, he tore his rotator cuff. Played around 3-4 games with that. He missed one game (so did Lamar Smith) with some injury as well. That's about it unless he had that year.

In 2001 he beefed himself up, I don't remember him being injured all year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In 2002 he had his thumb injury, and I think he lightly sprained his knee in the final Pats game and still played. Nothing blaringly saying injury prone there.

Also you have to remember, this is football. Everyone gets injured once in a while. Brett Favre played injured in several games in his carreer. Does that make him injury prone? Jay has not missed enough Fred Taylor type injury games to say anything of that nature.

I'm all for Brian and Jay fighting in training camp for the #1 spot. Jay will win in a landslide, but it'll be a good thing for the whole team, and show to the team and the fans that Jay is better than some of the more publicised names out there.

Jay knows the system, is more accurate, more mobile, smarter, tougher, and knows our receivers and linemen better.

You want to talk about inaccuracy? No QB is perfect. Jay has his underthrows and overthrows. Guess what! Every QB from Jon Kitna to Brett Favre does this! No Jay is not Dan Marino, but he is gritty, effecient, smart, and has probably more heart on this team other than Zach Thomas. Jay Fiedler is our starting Quarterback for a reason. Jay Fiedler is a good Quarterback, and Brian Griese is not as good as him, at least not for the Dolphins. Damn I hope we get him as a backup though. :) I've always liked Griese even with the Broncos. I'd be enthralled to have him here.

Don't give me that crap. Don't even mention Brett Farve and Jay Fiedler in the same sentence. Farve has had superbowl honors and Pro bowl Honors as well. Mvp honors and so on. Jay in the other hand is the complete opposite and not all qb's do what jay does from every down. That is not all future hall of fame qb's let alone. Brian Griese in his second year starting gained Pro Bowl honors and had the highest rating in the league and the best Touchdown and Interception ratio. Yes 2 seasons have passed after that season then he has had some problems on the field and off the field. Jay fiedler at his best is what Brian Griese is decent to worst and we haven't clearly seen Griese at his best for 2 seasons.

By a landslide? lol, they haven't even competed and you have said by a land slide? If griese ever signs with us and back us for us, it wouldn't take long for him to start sooner. Specilaly if fiedler struggles on the field or gets injured.

"Jay knows the system, is more accurate, more mobile, smarter, tougher, and knows our receivers and linemen better"

Now you are making me laugh there. You sound like you are describing Donovan McNabb. You will likely go as far as saying that Mc nabb and Fiedler are as good or equal to quarterbacks. Smarter? Good one

Alright, in 2000 his first year, he tore his rotator cuff. Played around 3-4 games with that. He missed one game (so did Lamar Smith) with some injury as well. That's about it unless he had that year.

In 2001 he beefed himself up, I don't remember him being injured all year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In 2002 he had his thumb injury, and I think he lightly sprained his knee in the final Pats game and still played. Nothing blaringly saying injury prone there.

Also you have to remember, this is football. Everyone gets injured once in a while. Brett Favre played injured in several games in his carreer. Does that make him injury prone? Jay has not missed enough Fred Taylor type injury games to say anything of that nature.

Ok...Brett Favre...half a season with a broken thumb, versus 12.5 seasons without ANY injuries. Take that against Jay's 3 seasons, only one of which he's been completely healthy for. One healthy season out of three DOES equal an injury prone player. That isn't a shot against Fielder since his injuries are a result of his tough playing....but it IS a fact that he's been injured an awful lot for a franchise QB in the NFL.

If we get Brian I'm sure he will show Norv and Wanny things that Jay cant do. I hope he gets the chance to run the first team in camp and pre season. If Brian is successful with the offense and they score alot of points then we'll know it was Jay holding us back. If Brian plays and the offense falters then we'll know that Jay is a good QB. I believe Denver is going to find out the same thing with Plummer vs. Greise. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Brian run the first team in the regular season. Every now and then you have to listen to the Pundits opinions. Last year Suzie Kolber and several others correctly picked the Jets to win the Divison. Former Super BOwl QB's are more qualified than us to evaluate QB talent and both Bradshaw and Jaws have dissed Fiedler.

Even if Griese comes in and has a stellar pre-season and overshadows all of Jays stats, Jay will be handed the starting job. Its been that way every year he has been here. The ONLY WAYS Griese will get to be the starter is if Jay goes down with an injury or the Dolphins start out 0-4. Outside of that Griese will just be the back up. Fair? No. But what is?

Back
Top Bottom