Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB?

I don't think Jay is Injury prone. If anything, being in the starting position and playing all his games has gotten him to start to another season.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Ok...Brett Favre...half a season with a broken thumb, versus 12.5 seasons without ANY injuries. Take that against Jay's 3 seasons, only one of which he's been completely healthy for. One healthy season out of three DOES equal an injury prone player. That isn't a shot against Fielder since his injuries are a result of his tough playing....but it IS a fact that he's been injured an awful lot for a franchise QB in the NFL.

Do you really think Jay being injury prone has to do with his thumb? Favre has had knee injuries. Don't even include his thumb, it was an injury that could happen to anybody (Like Fiedler or Favre) so out of three seasons, he's had two seasons without any injuries that would deem him injury prone.

Hitting your hand on a players helmet is pretty much bad luck, or having linemen who aren't good at protection.

Originally posted by Sherif
If we get Brian I'm sure he will show Norv and Wanny things that Jay cant do. I hope he gets the chance to run the first team in camp and pre season. If Brian is successful with the offense and they score alot of points then we'll know it was Jay holding us back. If Brian plays and the offense falters then we'll know that Jay is a good QB. I believe Denver is going to find out the same thing with Plummer vs. Greise. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Brian run the first team in the regular season. Every now and then you have to listen to the Pundits opinions. Last year Suzie Kolber and several others correctly picked the Jets to win the Divison. Former Super BOwl QB's are more qualified than us to evaluate QB talent and both Bradshaw and Jaws have dissed Fiedler.

Like what ? Griese arm strength is not any better than Jay's in fact is worst.Fiedler is a overall better QB that Griese.Yes the Dolphins need to start thinking about QB of the future but no Griese doesn't qualify as one.Wow people just hate Fiedler and just want any one else as QB beside him.I bet if Ryan Leaf was sign by the Dolphins,a group of Fiedler bashers will start saying Leaf should get a shot and he is better than Fiedler.This is getting pathetic and after last season people are still questioning how much Fiedler means to this team.Fiedler has mature as a starting QB and if he wouldn't gotten hurt last season,he might put up probowl numbers.Just look at Fiedler stats from end of 2001 and before he got hurt 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finheavenfan reminds me of clayton83 or however it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by finheavenfan
Most of you sound like you want fiedler to stay there and not to be challenged for a Quarterback job. In his career as a starter he has had more lows than ups. Yes injuries do count as a low, one of the most special things a player can do is stay healthy at the most needed times and its crucial against the team. I think Griese has made some big plays in his career as a starter and has the mechanics to be a a good starting quarterback in a place where he is wanted. Yes griese has had trouble in denver where he was no longer wanted and so has Ricky. If ricky can change his career over then so can Brian Griese. IF you think he should be there just to back up then think again.

Unless we have a Marino or Favre, ervy position shoud be competed for, HONESTLY !!
Anything less is jus Wannspielstedtman BS !!

Where's muh squirrel ?? :sleep: :sleep:

Re: Re: Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Unless we have a Marino or Favre, ervy position shoud be competed for, HONESTLY !!
Anything less is jus Wannspielstedtman BS !!

Where's muh squirrel ?? :sleep: :sleep:

Exactly but your missing the point and that is Griese ain't no savior.There no way you can have probowlers at every position.

Originally posted by finheavenfan

How stupid of you to think I was questioning your sexual preferences. I meant as a player not of any homosexual love. Now I can care less for th respect you have for me because I don't know you or have ever seen you at least. No one in here including me has sent you a personal attack and if you feel that I did then I can care less. You should just stop posting in here if you don't feel that comfortable in here. Get a life....., everyone has been posting their opinion then you come in here to not only post your opinion but point out someone from the thread for supposably questioning your sexual preferences.

I guess we got off on the wrong foot. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Josh Bazinet. I am one of two mentors of this board. What is a mentor? We are a mini-moderator I guess. With that being said, this is your first warning. Play nice. I was simply arguing with you, you're the one who claimed "Bazinet is in love with Fiedler". Which, by the way, I knew you didn't mean my sexual preference.

So, before telling me to get a life, I'll have you know I work part time, go to school full time, have offseason workouts with my college team, and still make the time to make sure this board is a great place to post. I actually have more of a life than most people could handle. So, I'm gonna put this thread behind me, and let it slide as a bad first impression. I hope you enjoy posting here......

Originally posted by Bazinet37

I guess we got off on the wrong foot. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Josh Bazinet. I am one of two mentors of this board. What is a mentor? We are a mini-moderator I guess. With that being said, this is your first warning. Play nice. I was simply arguing with you, you're the one who claimed "Bazinet is in love with Fiedler". Which, by the way, I knew you didn't mean my sexual preference.

So, before telling me to get a life, I'll have you know I work part time, go to school full time, have offseason workouts with my college team, and still make the time to make sure this board is a great place to post. I actually have more of a life than most people could handle. So, I'm gonna put this thread behind me, and let it slide as a bad first impression. I hope you enjoy posting here......

Again I did not ask you what you do or don't but I was being a jackass afterwards. I am a college student as well and I understand what kind of schedule are you on. When I said get a life I meant get a grip because I did not in any way wanted you to think that you loved fiedler other than in a fanatic way. OK?

buddies?

While on topic, I came upon the sig of Minus..

Jay Fiedler will be in the probowl next year.(If he remains healthy)

Do you HONESTLY think that? :eek:

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Lastly, I have lost all respect for you. You hope Jay gets injured? For what? So another QB comes and takes his job? NOTHING is worth an injury to someone. Not a thing. Classless......
:up:

Considering the fact that Griese has NEVR lived up to his potential, why should he walk into a new team where the starter has been winning games and be promised anything more than a back-up role???

With his thumb already fractured he hung in there and drove us to a win in Denver...

The time for a QB competition is NEXT preseason, not this one... I seriously doubt Griese is going to impress anyone enough in 2 months to wrestle the job away from Fiedler...

But who knows what will happen in the '04 preseason...

You all seem to be underating Brian. In the last 3 years he has gone to the Pro Bowl and that season that he went to the pro bowl he posted up some big plays despite that he had an injury. Had the best touchdown to int ratio for the year. I don't think Fiedler in the last three years have come up to anything close than that. Fiedler's touchdown to int record is horrible in the last seasons. Fiedler for a fact hasn't made a stride to get respect in the league. He needs to put up some numbers in order to show the league he has potential. That hasn't happen but with Griese it has in his second year starting. His attitute in the field and the confidence in the locker room of other players not liking him would logically lead to unproductive seasons after. Your career isn't over after 2 unproductive seasons and I think still that he can be an all pro quarterback again if given the chance. Fiedler in the other hand has no consistency. One game he is making good throws and other games he isn't. Forces the ball too much and at times he throws the ball in traffic a lot. His deepball accuracy isn't great and most of his big plays are plays running out the pocket. You all have been judging everything from the 5-1 record. You guys don't know if he would flop if he was healthy and gave consistent play.

I am all for bring in Griese, if pushes Fiedler thats good, if beats out Fiedler thats good too and if he doesn't he is a lot better of a back up then Lucus, I can sleep at night with Griese or Fiedler as the back up....... it was real hard to sleep after watching Lucus TRY and play in Buffalo

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Dolphins fans were calling for his head from day 1...what are they going to do...throw lawn darts on the field to try and drive him off?

I hope not. I HATE those lawn dart things. My Dolphins caps are useless now and it's nothing but hassles at the airport.:(

Back
Top Bottom