Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do most of you want Jay Fiedler's spot locked up and no competition with a QB?

Re: While on topic, I came upon the sig of Minus..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Jay Fiedler will be in the probowl next year.(If he remains healthy)

Do you HONESTLY think that? :eek:

How many time do I have to explain it to (you ask the same question like 3 times already) you?Check Fiedler stats from the second hald of 2001 until he got hurt.He has like 17 td's to like 8 int's and that not including rushing td's.If he would had remain healthy Fiedler might have put up some good stats worthy of probowl and Dolphins would had won east.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Jay has had almost as many games played injured as he's had games played healthy. Just because a player starts doesn't mean he isn't injured.

So does Griese 1227, in fact Griese has yet to get thru a season healthy. At least Fiedler can say he has.

Oliver...

I think your overrating Griese. He had one good season ( with great wrs) and then successive shoulder injuries. He never had great arm strength and there is some concern that it has diminished after the surgeries (I know one was on his non-throwing arm). He lost confidence and lost the team. Some say it was Shanahan's fault. He also has some off-field problems. Does this mean he will fail. No, but it does mean that he's not a sure thing. Fiedler was on a probowl pace prior to his injury last year. IMO both QBs have similar skills. I don't think that its realistic that Griese will come in after June 1st and learn the offense enough to unseat JF.

Also the title of this thread is just wrong. The vast majority seem to favor a Griese signing and want the better player to start. Nobody wants a QB controversy b/c that hurts the team. So JF should go in as the starter. If he is clearly outplayed by a QB that has learned the O, I'm sure he will be benched. But starting the season saying we don't know who will start is just bad for the team.

Originally posted by rafael
I think your overrating Griese. He had one good season ( with great wrs) and then successive shoulder injuries. He never had great arm strength and there is some concern that it has diminished after the surgeries (I know one was on his non-throwing arm). He lost confidence and lost the team. Some say it was Shanahan's fault. He also has some off-field problems. Does this mean he will fail. No, but it does mean that he's not a sure thing. Fiedler was on a probowl pace prior to his injury last year. IMO both QBs have similar skills. I don't think that its realistic that Griese will come in after June 1st and learn the offense enough to unseat JF.

Also the title of this thread is just wrong. The vast majority seem to favor a Griese signing and want the better player to start. Nobody wants a QB controversy b/c that hurts the team. So JF should go in as the starter. If he is clearly outplayed by a QB that has learned the O, I'm sure he will be benched. But starting the season saying we don't know who will start is just bad for the team.

Actually that one season he has built his entire career on, he only played in 10 games. So it's not even a full season. People who think Griese is some sort of savior, who is a golden armed QB, they really have not done their homework in this case.

For me, in time, I think Griese can still be a very good QB, but he needs to come here with the right attiude. If he comes here with I am the starter by default attitude, I'm affraid he will cause contention on this team and he will crash and burn.

Even though Fiedler does not have the BEST fan support he is very much liked and respected amoung his team mates. At least that's what we've been told.

Griese needs to come here and accept that he is going to have to be coached up some, before he can even think of being the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins. If he can do that then he's grown up as a QB. Because up to this point he some how thinks his **** don't stink!

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

So does Griese 1227, in fact Griese has yet to get thru a season healthy. At least Fiedler can say he has.

Oliver...

And? I don't think Griese is the better QB, and I never have. He may or may not have better physical skills, and certainly doesn't have better mental skills. That being said, I think he's a HUGE improvement over Ray Lucas, and woud be excited to see him BACKING UP Jay Fiedler. My comment about Jay being injury prone was in response to the poster who said that he was no more injury prone than most other NFL QB's, which, as I pointed out, was innacurate.

Back
Top Bottom