Why does the defense SUCK... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does the defense SUCK...

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
I'll go further to prove my point..

The Ravens have a good defense right? Against Seattle they gave up 41 points..guess what? They scored 44. They won!

The Titans have a good defense right? Against Atlanta they gave up 31 points...guess what? They scored 38.They Won!

The Cowboys have a good defense right? Against the Giants they gave up 32 points...guess what? They scored 35. They won!

You get the idea.

I'll do you one better (maybe not better, but just build upon your point :)).

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens....perhaps the greatest defense in NFL history....gave up 36 points (with 15 recs and 291 yards to Jimmy Smith) in Week 2. Guess what?? The offense scored 39!!

Remember, that was when their offense consisted of Tony Banks at QB and Priest Holmes at RB (before he exploded into a great player). And they got it done on a day when the D had a bad day at the office.

It all comes down to helping each other out. Sometimes you're strong side is gonna have a bad day. And it's important to have an other side that can pick up the slack most of the time (you can't win all of the time).

Our defense rules...............I will say it again..........If we can get a top 10 offense in here.............SUPER BOWL.

:topic:

Chargers | Phillips Could Alter D-Line - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:55:51 -0800

David Neville, of Chargers.com, reports San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips may decide to switch the team's defensive line from their current 4-3 alignment to a 3-4 next year. If the change is implemented the Chargers would likely add an additional two linebackers to the active roster in 2004.

Wade's tinkering in Atlanta. :lol:

Originally posted by Section126
Our defense rules...............I will say it again..........If we can get a top 10 offense in here.............SUPER BOWL.

What on earth are you talking about? Top 10?? RULES?? :rolleyes:

Didn't we finish at around #10 overall and teid for the lead in scoring D ?? :bong:

I will say it again............

Wannies Weenies !!!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

What on earth are you talking about? Top 10?? RULES?? :rolleyes:

Didn't we finish at around #10 overall and teid for the lead in scoring D ?? :bong:

I will say it again............

Wannies Weenies !!!

We were ranked # 24 in Total offense...
The O was ranked # 26 in passing...
The O was ranked # 17 in rushing...
The O was ranked # 17 in scoring...
D was # 3 ranked in points allowed...

[EDITED]- This offense does not have the talent to score 21+ points per game. It was not build that way by the coaching staff. They brought RW to pound the ball (ball control, low scoring offense).

They build the defense to win the games, NOT the offense...

When this O scores 21+ points, its either God given, or its against a defensive unit that is ranked among the worst...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Disnardo

We were ranked # 24 in Total offense...
The O was ranked # 26 in passing...
The O was ranked # 17 in rushing...
The O was ranked # 17 in scoring...
D was # 3 ranked in points allowed...

[EDITED]- This offense does not have the talent to score 21+ points per game. It was not build that way by the coaching staff. They brought RW to pound the ball (ball control, low scoring offense).

They build the defense to win the games, NOT the offense...

When this O scores 21+ points, its either God given, or its against a defensive unit that is ranked among the worst...

Ooops, my bad!! Was thinking only D.!! :eek:
But the rest still stands tho. Our D does NOT rule!

But if they would build this O properly, we could score a bunch just BY pounding Ricky alone. The lack of any other threat has put the shackles on Ricky. "loosen 'em up" a bit and Ricky leads the league again. ;)

Originally posted by Disnardo

How can you blame the offense when the money is spent on the defense.

which is precisely the reason I hold the defense to a higher standard.

Back
Top Bottom