Why does the SF game have me worried? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does the SF game have me worried?

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
More so than the Rams.

Maybe it's Kaepernick, cannot stand him. If he of all people and his 1-9 team beat us at home.......

That would be insufferable. I swear, I could handle a loss at Baltimore. But not these guys.

Maybe it's the conditioning of the last 16 years....

Because on paper it's an easy game. Miami, at least the Philbin Dolphins, always struggled mightily with "easy" games. So after years of that crap you're bound to be wary of "easy" games.

More so than the Rams.

Maybe it's Kaepernick, cannot stand him. If he of all people and his 1-9 team beat us at home.......

That would be insufferable. I swear, I could handle a loss at Baltimore. But not these guys.

Maybe it's the conditioning of the last 16 years....

Because we're used to losing this exact type of game over the past several seasons...but this is the 2016 Dolphins w/Gase at HC...he won't let them let up and overlook the Niners.

Because CKap isn't playing horribly, he's actually been fairly decent...but we've faced much better QBs this year and won.

I'm with ya though...I'm feeling a bit trepidatious about this one...like I did going into the Rams game. I'll probably be a wreck the following week if we beat the Niners.

Because on paper it's an easy game. Miami, at least the Philbin Dolphins, always struggled mightily with "easy" games. So after years of that crap you're bound to be wary of "easy" games.

That and because we struggled against the worst team in the league this year at home and only won due to them missing easy field goals.

The difference this year in this type of game is I doubt our coach is letting the team believe any game is a gimmie.

Because we're close to the playoffs as far as record so the anticipation mounts, the potential for a loss is a disheartening thought and we also have the potential of having three starting O-lineman out for the game and we all know that bad O-line play has killed this team for years.

The Dolphins have been notorious for playing down to their competition and even in our winning streak every game has been tight except the Steelers game. It would be great to have a blowout win and cruise from start to finish but that's not what this team does because the talent level isn't good enough. So every possession is an edge of the seat event, every snap of the defense we're looking at the bottom of the screen for the yellow sign with FLAG on it and every special teams play we wonder if someone is going to fumble, have another penalty, get a kick blocked or run a kick back for a TD. It's the thrill of playing meaningful games late in the season when we're normally talking about draft position and what positions need addressed.

It's a new world.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 21 year old nephew jokes about the Dolphins being relevant and me realizing there are so few times during his life we have been that they're forgettable to him and we want more. We want this to be our year.

how can you be confident with anthony steen at center, kraig urbik at guard, and possibly sam young at left tackle?

if you can't run the ball, and can't protect your QB, how can you be confident of anything, against any team in the league?

I will tell you this, for what it's worth.

The Rams game scared the **** out of me.

This one doesn't. If anything, it will be a good bellweather to see where the franchise is at.

I get antsy before & during every Dolphin game . Been let down so many times but I'm just hoping we can keep this winning streak going strong (and get in the playoffs. then all bets are off ...whole new season)

Also really glad the Niners game is a home game for us.

Don't give a damn about playoffs. Not this year.

Next year, with some o line help and a stouter defense, we can get somewhere in the playoffs.

I demand respectability. We MUST beat Kaeper****.

If there is a game we need Tannehill to cal the blocking assignments and the refs to see Wake being held on every play this is it.

Back
Top Bottom