Why does the SF game have me worried? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does the SF game have me worried?

the Rams had me nervous, not this time, Im fully expecting our first blow out, **** the Niners at home

You're scared because these games mean something now. We aren't used to it at the end of November.

That's pretty much it. The stress level kicks back up when wins and losses actually carry more weight than just draft position.

Im really hoping the stadium is packed with the home crowd this week. Its not an AFC opponent, its not a division opponent or one contending for a playoff spot. Im hoping we can fill up the stadium and welcome the team back after a great road trip.

How many thought we would have swept the trip out West? They have earned it this week to have the real home field advantage. It is the Holiday weekend any many may be away out of town and not be able to attend but hoping for those who can attend we are loud this week!

5 game win streak looks great until you realize we have been down the last 4 games in the 4th quarter.

Were finding ways to win, but were not a top notch team.

Every game should worry us. I was just with a raiders fan, and he's worried about Carolina for the same reasons. when you have always been a bad team, it's hard to trust your team.

Keep Hyde in check and we should win as long as we don't make any big mistakes downfield. Chip Kelly is extremely predictable, I expect Vances defense to be on point.

I'm not worried about this game as much as the division games. We need to be rested and hopefully plow through the next two games.

5 game win streak looks great until you realize we have been down the last 4 games in the 4th quarter.

Every game should worry us. I was just with a raiders fan, and he's worried about Carolina for the same reasons. when you have always been a bad team, it's hard to trust your team.

Keep Hyde in check and we should win as long as we don't make any big mistakes downfield. Chip Kelly is extremely predictable, I expect Vances defense to be on point.

I'm not of the mindset that Miami is top notch but who in your opinion is?

Perception is a funny thing....to me the NFL is parity....the teams are so even that figuring out how to win games in the 4th and close them out is what separates the playoff teams from the rest.

This team....including Tannehill...appears to have learned how to win...versus finding ways to lose.

What we have going for us is that San Fran is a 1-9 team that was in New England on Sunday, then I assume back home to San Fran for the holiday and now making another trip east. That's not easy for a team still in the race. Probably impossible for a team in their situation. Hopefully that negates our OL issues and the chance we look past them and take this game for granted.

What we have going for us is that San Fran is a 1-9 team that was in New England on Sunday, then I assume back home to San Fran for the holiday and now making another trip east. That's not easy for a team still in the race. Probably impossible for a team in their situation. Hopefully that negates our OL issues and the chance we look past them and take this game for granted.

Totally agree. This plays to all of our strengths. Fourth quarter they should be dog tired and beat up. I looked for Jay to have 140+ yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we're used to losing this exact type of game over the past several seasons...but this is the 2016 Dolphins w/Gase at HC...he won't let them let up and overlook the Niners.

Because CKap isn't playing horribly, he's actually been fairly decent...but we've faced much better QBs this year and won.

I'm with ya though...I'm feeling a bit trepidatious about this one...like I did going into the Rams game. I'll probably be a wreck the following week if we beat the Niners.
I guess "fairly decent" is a relative term, but he has a rating of 85 which is not in the top 35 and is averaging less than 200 yards per game, which is pretty bad.

Gase explained to 49ers reporters this week why he isn’t inclined to get conservative late in a game:

“Mike [Martz] always talked about it. It was the offense’s job to go win the game and not to prevent from losing it.

“At the end of the Buffalo game, we had third-and-6 with 2:14 left and we’re throwing go routes. I have a lot of confidence that our guys are going to go make plays and we did and we scored a 66-yard touchdown. That’s kind of how we play. That’s our attitude. We know when we get into 4-minute situations, our job is to go win the game. Our job is to make sure the defense never touches the field again. I think I learned that from an early age with him. It’s obviously in my DNA because that was the way I was raised by him.”

• Dolphins players insisted there’s no risk of them being complacent against a 1-9 San Francisco team. Why so?

“I don’t think we have those type of guys,” Gase said. “The way that I see these guys coming in and work, and the way that we’re doing meetings and the way that guys have constantly been the same, especially over the last six or seven weeks, I only can go off of what I see. I see guys spending a lot of time in our building doing things and using resources that we have….

“I don’t know if our coaching staff would allow it. I think our coaching staff is very hard on our players. There’s that constant grind mentality.”

The Dolphins are top five in the league in yards per play (fourth), rushing yards per attempt (second), kickoff return average (first), net punting average (fifth), yards per play allowed on defense (fifth-best), passing net yards per play and per game (fifth-best in each), sacks defensively per pass play (fourth) and most importantly, third down efficiency (best in the league).

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article117217098.html#storylink=cpy

With this coaching staff I'm not worried. It will be a blowout

More so than the Rams.

Maybe it's Kaepernick, cannot stand him. If he of all people and his 1-9 team beat us at home.......

That would be insufferable. I swear, I could handle a loss at Baltimore. But not these guys.

Maybe it's the conditioning of the last 16 years....

If we are going to lose one, I would much rather lose to the niners than ravens. That being said, I don't see anyway we lose this one, short of Matt Moore being forced to play. Niners have got their sights on 2017, heading to the east coast for a 1pm game which they have fared awful in that time spot and not too mention they haven't even been competitive outside of three games.

They played in San Fran.

Back
Top Bottom