Why Doesn't Miami Trade A Wr? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Doesn't Miami Trade A Wr?

dolphinfan41

Active Roster
Reaction score
They have several good receivers. Why not trade Parker or another wr to the Giants or Bengals for a draft pick?

You strike when the irons hot, and some teams might be desperate right now.

A 3-5th round pick for parker.

We’re pretty stacked for next year’s draft with 5 picks in the first three rounds guaranteed. I mean until some receiver hungry team like the Giants are willing to give up something outrageous it would be better to keep them to see who is in our long term plans.

Make us an offer..

I would think about it for all of them except Jakeem and Stills.

They have several good receivers. Why not trade Parker or another wr to the Giants or Bengals for a draft pick?

Another team has to want to make a trade.....it's not one sided.

The Giants have 3 receivers injured. Maybe they have a DL or an OL that could help us.
Giants would be a team that might overpay in a draft pick given their situation.

Reactions: BSQ
The only two receivers of any current trade value are Parker and Stills. I doubt Stills is available and it would depend on what teams are offering for Parker. I wouldn't trade him for a 5th or 6th round pick and I don't know if many teams would offer a 3rd.

It takes two teams to trade. You can't just say "let's go trade somebody." You has to be a team willing to trade for what you have, for a price that makes the trade worth it.

And ALL that assumes that we even want to trade anyone, which I doubt we do. Remember when we had to go out last year and sign guys like Bryce Butler just to field a team? And we thought we had a deep squad last training camp.

They got more than I thought they would out of Thill and Quinn so maybe so. But I have serious doubts.

Giants shouldn't be desperate at all. They aren't winning this year. Shepard is back Week 1 from the thumb, Tate is back week 5. Coleman was a journeyman.

Back
Top Bottom