Why Doesn't Miami Trade A Wr? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Doesn't Miami Trade A Wr?

They have several good receivers. Why not trade Parker or another wr to the Giants or Bengals for a draft pick?

You strike when the irons hot, and some teams might be desperate right now.
Im not sure the iron is hot for any of our receivers. Parker might be worth a 5th but probably lower since he signed a new contract and Still might be worth a sixth or lowe.

we are not deep at wide receiver we just have a lot of bodies and only two worth a possible draft pick

Grier is not trading Parker for a 3rd or a 5th it would mean he was wrong using pick 14 on Parker in 2015, he is still hoping - and he is giving him 5 mil a year for 2 more years to prove he was right. Don't know what you would have to give him to get Parke, possibly quite a bit. Ego it's a funny thing ... GM's and there reputations.

Demarius Thomas is 31 and Golden Tate is 30 both had great careers but there 2 to 4 from coming to an end, have to wonder how much playing time each gets moving forward, how well they have taken care of themselves and their injury history all that crap. Thomas and Tate at the end of their prime.

Kenny stills is 27 a capable starter in this league for 3-4 more years and is still able to take the top off a defense, while he may not have been as good as Thomas or Tate he is more valuable right now. He is in his prime!!!

Brice Butler who the Dolphins picked up as a FA and have nothing invested in, looks like the odd man out - meaning he will have to show even more if he wants to stick, and unless a team is really desperate there not going to give you anything for him, they will just wait until you release him.

They have several good receivers. Why not trade Parker or another wr to the Giants or Bengals for a draft pick?

You strike when the irons hot, and some teams might be desperate right now.

Some teams might be desperate, but pre-season hasn't even started. There will be more injuries over the next few weeks and with that more opportunities, if there is a market for our C-list receivers.

I'd say, let's not trade anyone right now, it'll be our luck as soon as we trade, then a WR blow out a ACL. Trade the week before the season starts when you know you're healthy, and that's not even a guarantee.

I don't see a lot of value outside of Stills (being a deep threat who can play anywhere) but we're going to eventually have to find that franchise WR. It may come after we find that franchise QB but most of our WR's are just very good. None are great. The new hope is that Williams can eventually turn into that guy.

I'm sure they would all benefit from better QB play and OL play but their probably not going to get that this year. We may see a few weeks here and there with an uptick but no consistency. Stills may benefit from Fitz deep ball. Parker may benefit as he seems to be an early favorite target but I'm not expecting much overall.

New England hasn't had one for quite some time.

I like the blend of size and speed we have, we just need better production from a better game plan.
Hopefully our offensive coordinator can play the miss match game with the best of them.

Why is Coleman even being considered a loss for the Giants. His extremely short stints with NE and Buffalo last season indicate the guys can't learn a playbook. Were they really depending on him?

Why is Coleman even being considered a loss for the Giants. His extremely short stints with NE and Buffalo last season indicate the guys can't learn a playbook. Were they really depending on him?

It's all about systems, he impressed them and they actually placed a high tender on him. The NE cut did not bode well but Buffalo has hardly been a beacon for judging wr with their bad decisions there

I don’t see Parker garnering enough value in trade to offset his value to Miami if he finally arrives!

Back
Top Bottom