Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY?

Crazysimon

Scout Team
Reaction score
Why haven't we upgraded the position? Even if its just for like an endzone threat.

Who should we trade for?

I think Greg Jennings may end up being a phin next year.

I'm sure any receiver that we would all be happy having on our team would cost an arm and a let right now. Maybe we have tried, but the value is not right. I don't think Ireland is one that will overpay.

At this point of the season you think good players are available?

What do we have that anyone else would want?

I'm all for trading Jake Long right now.

I agree. Our o line blows right now and it can suck with or without him. If we could get a first rounder for him I'd be all about that.

Why haven't we upgraded the position? Even if its just for like an endzone threat.

1. Rarely would a team trade someone that is good this time of year because draft picks don't help you make the playoffs this year.
2. Miami would probably be foollish to because they're a ways off from being good and a receiver will cost them a pick they need.
3. They can save the pick and use it in the draft as well as pursuing a top free agent in the offseason.

What do we have that anyone else would want?

I'm all for trading Jake Long right now.

And have Ray Fienga as his replacement.. hell to the mother******* NO! Although i do agree we should get some value for him before he walks at the end of the season, BUT knowing JI's tendency he will make long the highest paid tackle in league once again and completely avoid the other positions of need. The other scenario would be that we let long walk and once gain JI drafts a oline with the first pick.. either way were f***** with JI making the decision

We don't need to trade. There are receivables available for nothing that are an upgrade over what we have - Plax, Stallworth, Branch, etc.

It takes two to tango. I'm not saying that Ireland is or even has tried to but it takes another team willing to trade a player to make a trade. Some of you make it sound as if every team is willing to trade any player at anytime. Not the case. It's early in the season and probably all 32 teams delusionally think they have a chance at the post season.

You guys seriously over value left tackles. I'm not saying Yeatman or anyone else can replace Long or is a longterm option, but we need weapons more than we need a left tackle. I can't even name the left tackle for the past two Super Bowl champs. But I can name the QB and their weapons. Those guys make plays. Those guys score points. Those guys win football games...not Jake Long or any other Pro Bowl left tackle.

You guys seriously over value left tackles. I'm not saying Yeatman or anyone else can replace Long or is a longterm option, but we need weapons more than we need a left tackle. I can't even name the left tackle for the past two Super Bowl champs. But I can name the QB and their weapons. Those guys make plays. Those guys score points. Those guys win football games...not Jake Long or any other Pro Bowl left tackle.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, the hogs.

Back
Top Bottom