Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY?

Jake Long Is one of the top tackles in the NFL period, don't need receivers until you find out what kind of QB Tannehill turns out to be, have enough receivers just need to showcase their talents.

Uh, I think that would have been Chad Clifton who made the Pro Bowl in 2011 as their LT when they went to the Superbowl. He was only their LT for 12 years...

He was only their starting LT last year for 6 games. They went 9-1 without him. No doubt it would have been 10-0 if he had been healthy. He was released this offseason. His replacement is a 5th round draft pick named Marshall Newhouse.

Of course, I had to look this stuff up because nobody cares who the LTs of the great teams are. I just remember seeing Clifton being released earlier, so I knew something was up. Had no idea he was out most of last year. I don't think any Packers fans did either.

He was only their starting LT last year for 6 games. They went 9-1 without him. No doubt it would have been 10-0 if he had been healthy. He was released this offseason. His replacement is a 5th round draft pick named Marshall Newhouse.

Of course, I had to look this stuff up because nobody cares who the LTs of the great teams are. I just remember seeing Clifton being released earlier, so I knew something was up. Had no idea he was out most of last year. I don't think any Packers fans did either.

:lol: :lol:

Good **** right here.

Jake Long Is one of the top tackles in the NFL period, don't need receivers until you find out what kind of QB Tannehill turns out to be, have enough receivers just need to showcase their talents.

What talents? Their complete inability to separate or hold onto the ball? Or is it their sweet blocking skills?

It seems like some of Long's injuries are just flat-out bad luck. His injury this summer was being rolled up on by a player on the ground. That can happen to anyone no matter how injury-free they've been. If that shoulder is less than 100% then you have to think. You either need to come to him and get him to bring his numbers down for a multi-year or you have to let him test the waters and examine other options. In 2013 you need at least one high quality veteran competing for that LT spot though. You can't bring in a rookie and just assign him the position like they did with Johnathan Martin. You can't afford those kinds of growing pains next season. Next season has to be THE season, IMO. You have to have a roster come 8/13 that can legitimately compete for a Superbowl. With those draft picks and that cap space, 2013 needs to be like Dallas in 1992.

Back
Top Bottom