Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY?

Simply put, sometimes absolutly sucking is the most healthy and best option FOR AN ORGANIZATION.

Sometimes, sure, but we have sucked for years now and where has that gotten this team? Blown picks are blown picks. Even in the early 2000's when the team was winning, the offense was borderline archaic most of the time and completely devoid of real playmakers aside from a two year stretch of Ricky Williams and a crazy second half of 2005 from Chris Chambers.

Of course it doesn't matter how many you know.

Point is, you don't need superstar left tackles in this league to protect your QB. Any decent left tackle will do just fine. Stop spending top draft picks on ****ing lineman. Go out and get guys who make a difference in the W and L columns.

No defensive coordinator game plans for a left tackle. They're out to stop your weapons...weapons that we just don't have right now. Who is saying that if you don't have a Pro Bowl player at left tackle then you have to have a scrub?

Good left tackles are taken high. They're a valued position. Maybe not #1 overall, but definitely the top 2 rounds. You don't find the Ryan Clady's & Joe Staley's of the world in the 5th round. Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? Not at all.

Good left tackles are taken high. They're a valued position. Maybe not #1 overall, but definitely the top 2 rounds. You don't find the Ryan Clady's & Joe Staley's of the world in the 5th round. Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? Not at all.

Well of course they're taken high. They're taken high when they're a luxury pick. You don't take left tackles with your top pick when you're butt-naked at the skill positions.

Find your QB. Give him weapons. Surround him with good talent.

Also Jeffry/Hill over Martin? I mean maybe you do have a point there, but on certain mock drafts Martin was a top 15 talent at one point or another and those two receivers NEVER WERE. So, although you may have a point, people that really know football better than you or I most likely had Martin on thier boards over Jeffry/Hill so it treally doesn't even matter what I think, smartand traditional football people see things my way. People like Tom Coughlin.

And Jason Smith was a consensus #2 pick in the draft in 2008 or whatever year it was. It doesn't mean a lot sometimes. My point with what I said was simply to illustrate what Ireland seems to value in draft picks. Every WR he has taken since being in Miami has been a project type. Every RB has been something of a project as well. He was allergic to making a move at QB until he was basically backed against the wall and forced to. Just because more people had Martin rated higher than guys like Hill/Jeffery doesn't necessarily mean it was a better pick at this time for this team. Only time will tell, and while I do think Martin will at least be a serviceable starter on the line for years, the facts are the facts. The team has desperately needed playmakers on offense (and defense, for that matter) for years and Ireland keeps getting cute at those positions rather than really invest in them. Trading for Marshall didn't work but at least it was an attempt. Too bad it cost them way more than if they had just used a first or second round pick on a WR one of the last three years. Ireland seems terrified of the potential bust factor at positions like QB, RB, and WR in the early rounds.

I'm sure any receiver that we would all be happy having on our team would cost an arm and a let right now. Maybe we have tried, but the value is not right. I don't think Ireland is one that will overpay.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe Ireland made a few calls but knowing how much we need a WR the teams jacked the asking price up.
I did hear we asked about James Jones but GB was asking for one of our 2nds

Jake Long is not perfect but you saw last year how bad things fell apart when he went out. That game against the Eagles disintegrated the moment he left the field. If a LT can't hold his own against the defenses' top pass-rusher, than you have to leave in the TE, fortify the spot and then the other side of the line caves or they load up on the center/guard hole and you're screwed. Then all your skill position guys are standing there watching your QB get sacked and your RB get stuffed in the backfield.

Jake Long is not perfect but you saw last year how bad things fell apart when he went out. That game against the Eagles disintegrated the moment he left the field. If a LT can't hold his own against the defenses' top pass-rusher, than you have to leave in the TE, fortify the spot and then the other side of the line caves or they load up on the center/guard hole and you're screwed. Then all your skill position guys are standing there watching your QB get sacked and your RB get stuffed in the backfield.

But Olineman don't score touchdowns on sportscenter, LMFAO.

Why haven't we upgraded the position? Even if its just for like an endzone threat.
You don't believe what is going on yet do you, that internally higher up all the focus in on 2013. Show me one sign that says otherwise, (aside from the current players and coaches trying their best)

Let's talk Green Bay Packers football for a second.

Their defense is worse than ours. They can't stop the run. They can't stop the pass.

They can't run the football. We did that fairly well last season and did it fairly well on Sunday against Houston.

But these dudes were 15-1 last season. Super Bowl Champions the year before. We were 6-10.

Name Green Bay's left tackle.

See how much of a difference a QB and WR weapons make?

Yea, the Oline is not important.....sounds good.

Never once did I mention offensive line in that post.

Never once have I said that the offensive line isn't important.

What I have said is that some of you over-value a left tackle. The left tackle does not encompass the entire offensive line.

But if that's how reading comprehension works then I guess it's not important.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? He never said it wasn't important at all. He is saying it shouldn't be given so much priority as to completely ignore the other positions on offense.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? He never said it wasn't important at all. He is saying it shouldn't be given so much priority as to completely ignore the other positions on offense.

Thank you.

internet_fist_bump2-1.png

I don't see how we invest 10-14 million in jake long this offseason. He walks. that 14 million is going to be invested in at least 3 quality players, or two great players.

Damn, people are so narrow signted on this board its ridiculous.

We are not a WR away from the superbowl.

Stop talking about trading our best O-line man and a top 5 tackle in the league that will only lead to Tannehill getting killed on the field.

We have 1 1st Rounder, 2 2nd Rounders and 2 3rd Rounders in the next draft. Expect alot of moves from this team in 2013. Don't be surprised if we end up with 3 first round picks by the time the draft rolls around.

People need to be patient, yes we are re-building (once again).

Never once did I mention offensive line in that post.

Never once have I said that the offensive line isn't important.

What I have said is that some of you over-value a left tackle. The left tackle does not encompass the entire offensive line.

But if that's how reading comprehension works then I guess it's not important.

Cane you know better then that, you have a Rookie QB, the R-side of the line is a work in progress, now you get rid of your L-tackle that even coming back from injury, is still better then what most teams have. Your idea of getting rid of Long is fine, but in doing so you just turned your line into garbage.....It's not garbage now for all that would chip in with that response.

You are right that before you fix your line, you do need to get a QB, but Miami went that route in 08, and now they have a young QB, the last thing they need to do is get rid of their best linemen, just so they might get a WR, which by the way they will have plenty of chances next year to do with having to get rid of talent.

Back
Top Bottom