Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why don't we trade for a receiver? HONESTLY?

If that qb is getting sacked every other play it wont matter what weapons he has.

If that qb is getting sacked every other play it wont matter what weapons he has.

We're running a quick passing offense, anyway. It's not like we have Ryan Tannehill back there taking 7 step drops and hanging around in the pocket for five seconds.

Seriously just ask the Skins WHO WON 3 SUPERBOWLS WITH 3 DIFFERNT NON HOF STARTING QBS AND A GOOD BUT NOT GREAT RECEIVING CORE just how valuable the offensive line is in this game, i think they call it football lol.

I know fans might not like to hear this, but we're rolling with what we have. We might bring in a few castoffs from other teams, but don't expect a trade with draft picks involved. While this won't help us this year, be patient. There will be money to spend in free agency next year, we have five draft picks in the first three rounds (likely high ones), and we could also get a new general manager.

Also why do the Giants own the Patsies, TTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, which an offensive line factors in to just a little bit, lol.

If only we can trade 2 #3's for a legit 1000 yard, 80+ catch pro bowl WR. Think any team is dumb enough?

And the only way to keep him from getting sacked is to invest high draft picks and a ton of salary into the line? Wrong. There are more options than a Joe Thomas or a Marc Colombo. The majority of good/great teams get by just fine with in between those two. The Biils allowed the fewest sacks last year. I couldn't tell you who their LT is. Next up is the Saints. Again, without looking it up, no clue who their LT is. Then the Titans. Again, no clue. I know who Joe Thomas is though, and I know the Browns are even worse than us.

The Dolphins? 30th with supposedly the best LT in the game. And you can't blame it all on Colombo, no matter how hard you try.

Seriously just ask the Skins WHO WON 3 SUPERBOWLS WITH 3 DIFFERNT NON HOF STARTING QBS AND A GOOD BUT NOT GREAT RECEIVING CORE just how valuable the offensive line is in this game, i think they call it football lol.

Yeah, the game hasn't changed much since the last Skins SBs.

Yeah, the game hasn't changed much since the last Skins SBs.

Oh it has, but the Giants won the Superbowl JUST LAST YEAR by destroying THE TIMING of the Patriots offense, lol. Also the running game isn't dead, just ask the Patriots FROM JUST LAST WEEK, LOL.

Also why do the Giants own the Patsies, TTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, which an offensive line factors in to just a little bit, lol.

Re: your prior post, as someone else just said, the game is a lot different now than it was in 1982. As for this post, while I agree with you that a good offensive line is important and that it buys time for the QB, you have to consider this team. Tannehill could have all day to throw right now and the receivers on this team still wouldn't get open. I'd rather have a good to great WR that can take games over all by himself some weeks and a serviceable starting left tackle than a (supposedly) great LT and a bunch of absolute garbage WR's-none of whom would start on any other team in the league in a traditional 2 WR formation. Yeah, that includes Bess. Not to say that Bess is garbage, but he is....decidedly average, imo.

Oh it has, but the Giants won the Superbowl JUST LAST YEAR by destroying THE TIMING of the Patriots offense, lol. Also the running game isn't dead, just ask the Patriots FROM JUST LAST WEEK, LOL.

Who are the Giants WRs again? last I heard they had a pretty solid WR core. LOL

Re: your prior post, as someone else just said, the game is a lot different now than it was in 1982. As for this post, while I agree with you that a good offensive line is important and that it buys time for the QB, you have to consider this team. Tannehill could have all day to throw right now and the receivers on this team still wouldn't get open. I'd rather have a good to great WR that can take games over all by himself some weeks and a serviceable starting left tackle than a (supposedly) great LT and a bunch of absolute garbage WR's-none of whom would start on any other team in the league in a traditional 2 WR formation. Yeah, that includes Bess. Not to say that Bess is garbage, but he is....decidedly average, imo.

Look, Calvin Johnson > Jake Long, I agree. But some things in this game will never change, just ask the eagles who have 10 studs IN THE TRENCHES.

And the only way to keep him from getting sacked is to invest high draft picks and a ton of salary into the line? Wrong. There are more options than a Joe Thomas or a Marc Colombo. The majority of good/great teams get by just fine with in between those two. The Biils allowed the fewest sacks last year. I couldn't tell you who their LT is. Next up is the Saints. Again, without looking it up, no clue who their LT is. Then the Titans. Again, no clue. I know who Joe Thomas is though, and I know the Browns are even worse than us.

The Dolphins? 30th with supposedly the best LT in the game. And you can't blame it all on Colombo, no matter how hard you try.

We have studs in the Oline because of the way the draft has shaped out for us and because we have sucked, not because we value OLINE over all aspects in football IMO. IMO Pouncy was a pretty good pick, IMO Long was the right choice over Matt Ryan, because if we had Matt Ryan he would have kept us mediocre so we never would have had Long, Pouncy, Tanny.

What do we have that anyone else would want?

I'm all for trading Jake Long right now.
Smart idea...Then Tannehill would get killed and not have any time to throw to that brand spanking new receiver that wouldn't know the plays.

Back
Top Bottom