Why Gruden and Cowher? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Gruden and Cowher?

Yes they are big name coaches but I really dont care for either. Especially Gruden, dude absolutely sucks with QB's. Tony Dungy built that Tampa Super Bowl team and Gruden could never rebuild. Tampa is finally on the rise again, AFTER Gruden has been gone for a few years and AFTER they finally drafted a QB in the first round.

Cowher also sucks with QB's, it took him forever to win a super bowl, after years with average-crappy QB's with names like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewert, Kevin O conneil and many more. When He finally drafted one in the first round, he finally got a ring.

Both the coaches suck with QB's and im tired of having average-crappy QB's in Miami. No Thanks to either. I would like to give Rob Ryan a shot or bring in Jeff Fisher

i guess everybody can quit reading the post at that point. since clearly this post is garbage. gruden is SO TERRIBLE that rich gannon went from a journeyman and quarterback not even wanted by his own teams into an NFL MVP with gruden. and Brad Johnson, another journeyman that couldnt stick with one team, became a super bowl winning quarterback and played outstanding down the stretch with gruden calling plays.

yep gruden doesnt know a thing about quarterbacks! i understand there is alot of nonsense in some of these threads but this just takes the cake. THINK DUDE. what information could u possibly even have that would lead u to that conclusion? first of all u have ZERO insight into how gruden interacts with his quarterback and what this man knows about the game. and if u are drawing your conclusions based ON RESULTS??? then youve LOST YOUR DAMN MIND.

Amen..I cant even think of a superbowl winning coach that went to another team.

According to Wikipedia (yes, I cheated) these are the coaches whom have won a Super Bowl (or more) with one team and became a head coach for another:

Jimmy Johnson
Bill Parcells
George Seifert
Mike Ditka
Mike Holmgren
Mike Shanahan
Dick Vermeil
Hank Stram
Don McCafferty
Tom Flores

Only 28 coaches have won the Super Bowl (if Wikipedia is telling the truth), so you technically have 10/28 == 35.7% of Super Bowl winning coaches that have joined another team after the fact.

Not as uncommon as we'd think.

Why does everyone assume that Ross is all about Pizzazz because he wants to improve the fan experience at the stadium. I agreed to be hands off initially.

People are foolish to think he doesn't care.

Just becuase he doesn't run his franchise like people play Madden (with make believe money BTW) doesn't mean changes aren't coming. Or that he's going to get a big named coach.

According to Wikipedia (yes, I cheated) these are the coaches whom have won a Super Bowl (or more) with one team and became a head coach for another:

Jimmy Johnson
Bill Parcells
George Seifert
Mike Ditka
Mike Holmgren
Mike Shanahan
Dick Vermeil
Hank Stram
Don McCafferty
Tom Flores

Only 28 coaches have won the Super Bowl (if Wikipedia is telling the truth), so you technically have 10/28 == 35.7% of Super Bowl winning coaches that have joined another team after the fact.

Not as uncommon as we'd think.

Right, but of these, only Parcells managed to take a second team to the Super Bowl. None of the others came close.

we need a new face. we need to find the next Tomlin. If that means Rob Ryan so be it and if anyone else has another young strong candidate feel free to chime in.

THIS...

Parcells has proven that a "name" won't guarantee you success. didn't we learn with Jimmy Johnson?

IMO, it's heading towards your quintessential conundrum wrapped in an enigma surrounded by a riddle!

Ross is not capable of hiring the next coach unless it's one of the proven marque names. If Ireland hangs on as I suspect he will, I do not trust him to hire the next coach. Carl Peterson needs to stay the **** out Fins business period! So if Ross doesn't engage a Ron Wolf type consultant to help in the process, where does that leave us? Do you trust either Ross or Ireland to shoot craps on any assistants? Or to not come back with a recycled Brian Billick or Denny Green type? I know I don't

You lost a little credibility with your anti-Cowher remarks by saying he had a QB named Kevin O conneil. That was Neal O'Donnell, and he took the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

not a little, he lost ALL credibility with that remark. Cowher was winning the division almost every year, going to the playoffs almost every year, and going to title games almost every other year....mostly with mediocre QBs.

Where have no name coaches or college coaches gotten us? Failure after failure because we keep going fo unproven coaches and guys who never have coached in the NFL. So this time lets go with someone who has coached in the NFL and had success in some way in the past.

I feel for you guys. We had to go through this 2 seasons ago. And both coaches stiff us and we had to settle for Gailey. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom