Why has no one mentioned this? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why has no one mentioned this?

True, we didnt have Ronnie Brown in those games, but you have to look at other aspects in the game that went wrong. 1. Turning the ball over at the end of the 1st half. 2. Turning the ball over again in the red zone ( I believe it was on the 5 yd line or so) I would have to say if Ronnie were in the game I'd still think we'd throw in this situation because we have a tendancy to forget about the run in the red zone. 3. Poor defense in the secondary. David Garrard basically had a field day throwing to Matt Jones through the grand canyon gaps we had in our zone defensive scheme. 4. Bad tackling (to see Maurice Drew-Jones get through about 7 or 8 of our guys without going down is insane. You really don't see that happen too often. (granted that we took down Garrard 4 times) however, there was a possibility in that game we could have had at least 2 more. My overall analysis of this is not the physical part of the game, but the mental aspect. The Dolphins kept in their mind playoffs, they thought about it all along and didn't take one game at a time. That's just my personal thought on that....

Back
Top Bottom