Why is everyone hopping on the Ricky Williams bandwagon? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone hopping on the Ricky Williams bandwagon?

My question back to you is, have you ever left a job where your boss was a complete moron and didn't care that he was taking years off of your career?

You need to qualify that question. Ricky, when at his best, provides a desperately NEEDED service. It's not like a guy who has a normal job that can be cut without ramifications to the business. Ricky makes our team significantly better if in depth alone (if not in pure yards gained).

An employer who is trying to be successful (and win) would be stupid to prevent a star player from rejoining the organization. Business is business. Sorry. that's just the way it is. if Ricky couldn't tote the rock like he can, i wouldn't take him back. But dammit, i want Miami to have every advantage possible. And short of sabotaging team chemistry (something that Randy Moss is more likely to do), Ricky is allowed back on the team with a short leash.

In that business example, if the employee is talented and an asset, but he sabotages the organization (let's say he embezzled money), THEN I would not hire the employee back. Saban's not going to let Ricky bring the team down.

He'll be a nice injection when Brown runs low on energy in his first season.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
So Zach and JT are liars because they don't share your opinion? Maybe they realize a player with that kind of talent and proven performance in the NFL gives them a better chance at winning. Winning will cure any locker room problems.

Who said that? I just said that if they really didn't want Ricky back they wouldn't say it because of the situation.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
So Zach and JT are liars because they don't share your opinion? Maybe they realize a player with that kind of talent and proven performance in the NFL gives them a better chance at winning. Winning will cure any locker room problems.

We'll never know what they think. At my work, if I have a beef with the way something is done, I can b*tch about it to other management but not to the other employees. It's what comes with being considered a leader. ZT and JT clearly didn't want RW back before. Maybe their opinions softened or they were talked into it by Saban or they just believe in Saban enough or maybe they still don't want him back. No matter what the answer is they'll only tell the media/public the company line.

outtawack311 said:
I still dont want Ricky back and even after all of the excuses given by wicky wovers I still dont buy it. There is no way this will be good for the team in the lockerroom and that is a huge part of the game. Do you really think JT and Zach are ok with it??? I dont, they wouldnt contradict the new boss in public. It would be a nightmare for the phins if jt, zach or anyone else came out and said they dont agree with the organization.
I agree with you 100%.Screw ricky.

Bill C said:
My position is validated by the 32 NFL personnel executives and 32 NFL head coaches that passed on him 7 times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't have talent or potential. What I am saying is, he is what he is - an undrafted rookie free agent. Ricky is a dominant running back one year removed from the game who is still in his prime and is injury free. I live 20 minutes from where Ricky was and saw him one day (didn't talk to him, just let him be). I can tell you this, RW at 195 is bigger than most other backs at 220. He will round back into shape just fine. Physically. Mentally, we still need to see.

My question back to you is, have you ever left a job where your boss was a complete moron and didn't care that he was taking years off of your career?

If you remember correctly, when we got Ricky from the Saints, he was suddenly doing much better becasue his symptoms were diagnosed and he was put in a position of being a PART OF a talented team - not the identified saviour of it. Wanny changed all that and heaped the pressure right back on him.

No excuses, but I am willing to give the man a chance because unlike others on our current roster, he didn't go out raping or smacking his gf/wife around.
Is Ricky a man? then why didn't he have the sack to talk to Rick, or even Mr. Huzinga if he felt he was over used? I don't think he communicated his concerns at all properly or like a man should if he see's something that he doesn't agree with.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Is Ricky a man? then why didn't he have the sack to talk to Rick, or even Mr. Huzinga if he felt he was over used? I don't think he communicated his concerns at all properly or like a man should if he see's something that he doesn't agree with.
You discuss your problems or challenges, you just don't turn your back on 52 other players, and call it quits right before training camp! It's time for Ricky to grow up and be a man, and be accountable like each and everyone of us with our bosses at work. I am tired of this pity, and oh Ricky crap! You Ricky Cheerleaders need to put down your pom pom's and realize this guy will pull another stunt, and doesn't care about anyone but himself!

outtawack311 said:
Who said that? I just said that if they really didn't want Ricky back they wouldn't say it because of the situation.

They both said they are fine with him coming back. You said they don't really feel that way, they're just towing the company line. I'm pretty sure all they care about is winning. A player like RW has the talent to help this team win games.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
You discuss your problems or challenges, you just don't turn your back on 52 other players, and call it quits right before training camp! It's time for Ricky to grow up and be a man, and be accountable like each and everyone of us with our bosses at work. I am tired of this pity, and oh Ricky crap! You Ricky Cheerleaders need to put down your pom pom's and realize this guy will pull another stunt, and doesn't care about anyone but himself!

I'm a fins fan 1st and foremost. In my opinion RW can help the team win. That's why I hope he comes back. I really don't care what he did last year. All that matters to me is what he does on the field this year. Besides, even if he does flake out again, all we're out is a backup. It's a low risk, high reward situation.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
I'm a fins fan 1st and foremost. In my opinion RW can help the team win. That's why I hope he comes back. I really don't care what he did last year. All that matters to me is what he does on the field this year. Besides, even if he does flake out again, all we're out is a backup. It's a low risk, high reward situation.
What kind of example does that set for the rest of the team? It's like a double standard, ricky can do what he want's but if I am late to a team meeting I am fined? That's a bunch of bull! Everyone should be held to the same high standards, and not this primadonna crap either! I siad from that start, what Ricky did was totally wrong then, and I will not forgive him, because he quit, and betrayed his other team mates when they needed him most. he could of been a man and spoke up, but he didn't! he spoke a lot of crap last year in the camps, how the had to be accountable, and set the example, and then look what he pulled! I am a Dolphin fan from 1970, and I will root for my team, but that doesn't mean I have to cheer Ricky on at all!

I could be in the minority on this issue, but I stick by my beliefs wheather they are wrong or right, it is what I feel about him.:beerbang:

Raekwon The Che said:
This is getting disgusting. The man hasn't played a game of a football in a year and is still 20 pounds from his old playing weight and somehow we are going to have the most dominent backfield in history :confused: AND we still have an unproven rookie :confused:

Everyone ? I am not. I don't care much about Ricky to be honest. I figure he will get some carries and contribute...but Brown will get more yards

Raekwon The Che said:
This is getting disgusting. The man hasn't played a game of a football in a year and is still 20 pounds from his old playing weight and somehow we are going to have the most dominent backfield in history :confused: AND we still have an unproven rookie :confused:

a better question is y are u not hopping on? :shakeno:

Raekwon The Che said:
I Think you are totally under estimating Ronnie Brown. I think the man will be the real deal in time!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
What kind of example does that set for the rest of the team? It's like a double standard, ricky can do what he want's but if I am late to a team meeting I am fined? That's a bunch of bull! Everyone should be held to the same high standards, and not this primadonna crap either! I siad from that start, what Ricky did was totally wrong then, and I will not forgive him, because he quit, and betrayed his other team mates when they needed him most. he could of been a man and spoke up, but he didn't! he spoke a lot of crap last year in the camps, how the had to be accountable, and set the example, and then look what he pulled! I am a Dolphin fan from 1970, and I will root for my team, but that doesn't mean I have to cheer Ricky on at all!

this is a diff situation... dude has problems.... how da f*uck u gonna compare someone being late to a meeting, to this... two way diff things... this is something that dont happen everyday....

Back
Top Bottom