Why is everyone so down on Frerotte? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so down on Frerotte?

Nublar7 said:
The problem isn't necessarily Frerotte, but what it means if he starts is that Feeley isn't good enough. Which would mean we would once again be in the market for a QB next year. We all hope that Feeley amazes us this year so we don't have to worry about the QB position next offseason.

Feeley is obviously never gonna be anything GREAT, he could be a journeyman starter but this year Frerotte gives us our best chance to win, and we should look to the future next offseason. I want to see Feeley succeed as much as the next phin fan. But to look at his performance last year you woud almost have to be a homer to think he will excell. If he had that kind of year for the Bills or Jets do you realize how joked about he would be on our site. Not a single fan here would think he would be any good.

FinaticPatch said:
Did you see Feeley last year? Do you call that playing?

He was gaining valuable experience while playing in one of the NFLs alltime worst offences, and managed to pick up his game to respectability towards the end of the year when wanny left.

Id call it playing.

Jimi said:
He was gaining valuable experience while playing in one of the NFLs alltime worst offences, and managed to pick up his game to respectability towards the end of the year when wanny left.

Id call it playing.

If we had a Farve or a Culpepper or Manning it would have been a top 5 offense. What im saying is his play made the rest of the O look just as bad as the rest of the O made him look. He is just as responsible for us being bad.

I'm not down on Frerrotte. I think he is an excellent addition to the team. IMO,He's going to be a great veteran back-up QB.

If either Qb were good enough to be a starter in the NFL, I think a starting QB would've been named already.

inFINSible said:
I'm not down on Frerrotte. I think he is an excellent addition to the team. IMO,He's going to be a great veteran back-up QB.

Back up to whom? Feeley? What did he show you besides heart and leadership (like fiedler) thats makes you think he can get it done.

djfresh47 said:
If either Qb were good enough to be a starter in the NFL, I think a starting QB would've been named already.

Would you not agree Frerotte is the safer option, makes less mistakes, and knows the offense much better.

FinaticPatch said:
If we had a Farve or a Culpepper or Manning it would have been a top 5 offense.

No it wouldn't. AJ didn't have more than a second in the pocket. Maybe Culpepper would have had success because of his legs, but Favre and Manning would have had plenty of problems. There's no way we would have been a top 5 offense.

FinaticPatch said:
Back up to whom? Feeley? What did he show you besides heart and leadership (like fiedler) thats makes you think he can get it done.
I thought you wanted to know about Frerotte?

Better change your thread title if you want to talk about Feeley.

hes a great back-up no question, i just dont feel comfortable with him starting 16 games. + he had Moss at receiver, i could have a good QB rating with him there

byroan said:
No it wouldn't. AJ didn't have more than a second in the pocket. Maybe Culpepper would have had success because of his legs, but Favre and Manning would have had plenty of problems. There's no way we would have been a top 5 offense.

Maybe not top 5 but top 10-15. And thats is all we would have neded to make the playoofs. Obviously Frerote is no Farve or Brady but he is our safest option this year till we get a real QB via draft or free agecy next year.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
hes a great back-up no question, i just dont feel comfortable with him starting 16 games. + he had Moss at receiver, i could have a good QB rating with him there

He had none in Washington and still put up a goos td to int ratio, and had a rating in the mid 70's.

Ouch you go to Western, you better not come to Boone to watch the Catamounts lose to App this year. Youve beat us like 2 times in the last 20 years.

so we won last year, thats all that matters. + App. suxs a fat 1

yea, but nothin' great. feeley still has a lot of potential

Frerotte is, at best, a one-year safe bet. Frerotte, at worst, is a one-year safe bet. He's familiar with the offensive coord and if Feely can actually prove he belongs, he will provide an excellent backup.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
so we won last year, thats all that matters. + App. suxs a fat 1

Im actaully going to do my Grad work at Western. Cullawhee is a cool little town. Wanna place a friendly wager on this year here at THE ROCK.

Back
Top Bottom