Why is everyone so down on Frerotte? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so down on Frerotte?

FinaticPatch said:
Would you not agree Frerotte is the safer option, makes less mistakes, and knows the offense much better.

I think Gus will be the starter, he definately is the safer option. The arguement that Feeley should start over him is that ya don't know what you're gonna get from him, it could be good or bad, but if Gus is the starter it basically means Aj will not get the opportunity to prove/disprove critics. A Qb controversy is the last thing anybody wants, but because neither QB is good enough to be a starter on basically anyother team than everytime a mistake by either one is made people are gonna want the other one in. I don't think Saban will be switching QB's around like Dave did last year, but if Gus starts it means that a QB will probably have to be the top choice in next years draft.

FinaticPatch said:
Im actaully going to do my Grad work at Western. Cullawhee is a cool little town. Wanna place a friendly wager on this year here at THE ROCK.

haha sure man, western has y'alls @ss this year. jsut stay in touch im coming to app for the game next year

FinaticPatch said:
If we had a Farve or a Culpepper or Manning it would have been a top 5 offense. What im saying is his play made the rest of the O look just as bad as the rest of the O made him look. He is just as responsible for us being bad.

Any team that has one of those 3 Qb's have a possibility of having a top 5 offense.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
haha sure man, western has y'alls @ss this year. jsut stay in touch im coming to app for the game next year

Heck ya come on up and party will watch the dolphin game at a bar here if you wanna chill. We got room if you wanna crash bro. Nov 12 it is. Good to see another SoCON fan here.

FinaticPatch said:
Heck ya come on up and party will watch the dolphin game at a bar here if you wanna chill. We got room if you wanna crash bro. Nov 12 it is. Good to see another SoCON fan here.

preciate it dude, definately. u got an im or anything? just let me know know whats goin on ill catch u out a party or tailgatin'. hopefully the dolphins will win to get that bitter taste out of your mouth after u lose again this year, haha.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
preciate it dude, definately. u got an im or anything? just let me know know whats goin on ill catch u out a party or tailgatin'. hopefully the dolphins will win to get that bitter taste out of your mouth after u lose again this year, haha.

Yeah bro its ASUPATCH. Either way lets hope the dolphins make one of us feel better the next day Patriots game. You have IM?

I had a relative in Boone....lived on top of a mountain somewhere there and taught tennis for the athletic department.

i'm not down on gus. sure, he's no long-term answer, but he is capable of executing an offense and putting the fins in position to win. hell, gus was a pro-bowler, and he's 10-6 as a starter since '00 (10-3 when he played for teams that weren't the bungles), so he can play at least a little bit. in fact, imo he'll be our starter and is capable of holding the fort down until the qb we get in the '06 draft is ready to play.

Phishstix said:
i'm not down on gus. sure, he's no long-term answer, but he is capable of executing an offense and putting the fins in position to win. hell, gus was a pro-bowler, and he's 10-6 as a starter since '00 (10-3 when he played for teams that weren't the bungles), so he can play at least a little bit. fact, imo he'll be our starter and is capable of holding the fort down until the qb we get in the '06 draft is ready to play.
:yes:

Ok, I saw a stat that showed Culpepper, and Manning and a few others had an avg. of mre that 4-5 seconds to thhrow the ball. Feeley's avg. time was 1.9 seconds. So I do believe Feeley has potential, yet he was behind Detmer for a reason. I do not believe you give a Qb his starting role. He needs to earn it, and that is exactly what Saban will do. Make him earn it!

As for Gus, he holds Den.'s single game record for yardage, and that is saying alot for a team that had the #3 qb of alltime for 16 yrs. He was a probowler,and most people dislike him b/c of his dumb headbut. Set that asside and look at what he did.

In Minny, he did something Culpepper could not. Hit Moss in stride, not on occasion but on every throw. Moss even liked the way Gus threw the ball. He hit everybody in stride. I live in Viking country, and watched them often(just to cheer for their opp). Almost every Viking fan I know wanted Gus to remain the starter. The offense was better ran and more efficient.

In Gus we must trust!

Great pick up!

Is he that kicking mule from that show(in the 70's or 80's) you know it had Barney from that little town of Mayberry w/ the Sheriff w/o a gun. Sheriff Andy and Oppie, and OTIS!j/k

FinaticPatch said:
Feeley is obviously never gonna be anything GREAT, he could be a journeyman starter but this year Frerotte gives us our best chance to win, and we should look to the future next offseason.

The thing is, is that I have accepted the fact that we are rebuilding now. I wanna know exactly what we have in Feeley by starting him and really seeing what hes got in games (cause he isnt a practice warrior). I am not concerned at all about earning a couple extra wins this season. Ya, its really nice to win, but we still arnt gunna be competing for a Superbowl.

Freroote is safer due to his experience and we draft or trade for a QB next year or the following year.

Thats the point... we need to find out whether we need to address QB next year or not. If Feeley can prove he can be a solid starter, we dont have to waste a pick on a QB. There is no point in trying to win a couple of extra games this year. Its all about looking towards the future this year. No longer are Dolphins thinking only about the upcoming year but for years to come!

Nasty

painnotpleasure said:
I think signing Frerotte was a SOLID pickup for us because he knows Linehan's system which is pretty good thing, more than some people may give credit for. He could help AJ learn the system or maybe even if we draft QB next year... Frerotte would be a perfect mentor teaching a rookie Linehan's Offensive System. Also, he's a good pickup if AJ isn't our guy this year and we need someone to take over (or replace him)... he's got A LOT of experience and knows the system which is a critical thing for a QB to obtain.

exactly

FinaticPatch said:
Feeley is obviously never gonna be anything GREAT, he could be a journeyman starter but this year Frerotte gives us our best chance to win, and we should look to the future next offseason. I want to see Feeley succeed as much as the next phin fan. But to look at his performance last year you woud almost have to be a homer to think he will excell. If he had that kind of year for the Bills or Jets do you realize how joked about he would be on our site. Not a single fan here would think he would be any good.

Ripping Feeley on last year's performance isnt going to to do anything but turn this into a Gus vs Feeley thread and if that happens more people are going to lean toward AJ than Gus.

Back
Top Bottom