Why is everyone so down on Frerotte? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so down on Frerotte?

FinaticPatch said:
If we had a Farve or a Culpepper or Manning it would have been a top 5 offense. What im saying is his play made the rest of the O look just as bad as the rest of the O made him look. He is just as responsible for us being bad.

ROFLMAO ... no way you can be serious on this post. How can you have a top 5 offense with absolutely no running game?

FinaticPatch said:
Would you not agree Frerotte is the safer option, makes less mistakes, and knows the offense much better.

Well for one thing ... Feeley didnt headbutt a wall. As far as improvement ... look up the stats instead of just looking at all the Pick 6's Feeley threw early on in the season that seems to blind people.

What most people are so quick to forget is we won 4 games last year ... yep ... only 4. And you know what? Feeley started 3 of them.

FinaticPatch said:
Would you not agree Frerotte is the safer option, makes less mistakes, and knows the offense much better.

I will agree he knows the offense better at this point. Does he make as many mistakes? I dont know ... lets put him behind a line that gave the QB 2.5 seconds to decide where he was throwing it.

Do I think Gus is a safer choice over all ... I really dont know ... do I think Gus has anywhere the potential of Feeley if he excells ... Nope. Feeley has a lot more upside than Gus. But Gus is the perfect pickup in case Feeley falls on his face.

FinaticPatch said:
Maybe not top 5 but top 10-15. And thats is all we would have neded to make the playoofs. Obviously Frerote is no Farve or Brady but he is our safest option this year till we get a real QB via draft or free agecy next year.

We could of had Manning .. the older one not the younger one and not even smelled the playoffs last year. Everything that can possibly go wrong with a team happened to us last year. Lets just be glad that it is over.

FinaticPatch said:
He had none in Washington and still put up a goos td to int ratio, and had a rating in the mid 70's.

Lets all get excited about a QB with a mid 70's rating.

but in conclusion ... lol ...

I just hope it is a fair competition and whoever starts earns the job. All I know is whoever is playing ... I will be routing for them.

FinaticPatch said:
Besides his 02 year with the BANGLES, he had been a solid QB consitently throwing more TD's than INT's. And under Linahans offense he has 2 starts with & TD's 2 INTs and 690 yards not to mention a 118 QB rating. In thoose two games he had 5 passes of 40+ yards, and yes he had Moss but who else. We have a better GROUP now with his OC why wouldnt he succeed?

If your going to throw out Frerotte bad stats, you have to throw out his great stats with Minnesota unless you have Randy Moss and the Vikes offensive line...5 of his 7 TD passes were to Moss. In fact, Frerotte's career numbers are very similar to Fiedlers. Fans have good reason to be down on Frerotte as a starter instead of just a quality veteran backup.

Feeley should be the starter because he still has a small window of oppurtunity to prove he's better than a journeyman/backup QB.

Gus had good numbers with the Vikes a couple seasons ago b/c of THE TEAM AROUND HIM. Watch some film--almost half of his passes are floating wobblers that Moss hauled in. Minnesota has a good running game and a great O-line to complement the most athletic football player in the world as the prime receiver. Don't throw stats at me or whatever...go watch the tapes and see if you disagree!

FinaticPatch said:
Besides his 02 year with the BANGLES, he had been a solid QB consitently throwing more TD's than INT's. And under Linahans offense he has 2 starts with & TD's 2 INTs and 690 yards not to mention a 118 QB rating. In thoose two games he had 5 passes of 40+ yards, and yes he had Moss but who else. We have a better GROUP now with his OC why wouldnt he succeed?
I'm not down on him but he has a lower career QB rating than Fiedler. 76.9 for Fiedler. 76.1 for Gus

Did someone really say top 5 offense?

I forget who, but someone on CRACK said we would have had a top 5 offense if we had Favre, Culpepper or Manning and we would have made the playoffs. What the HELL?

The PACKERS didn't make the playoffs and had one of the better O lines in the NFL.

The VIKES made the playoffs at 8-8 and also had one of the better O lines in the LEAGUE.

The COLTS made the playoffs and had a strong season. What did they have in comon with the 2 teams above? A TOP 10 OFFENSIVE LINE in the NFL!!

Dude you said we would have been a top 5 offensive in the league with any of those QB'S? Whats wrong with you? Manning would be laying in the hospital, Favre would have retired and Culpepper would have blocked for himself!

Dude that was one of the DUMBEST statements I have seen on this website! TOP 5 OFFENSE? LOL! We had NO RB! NO OFFENSIVE LINE AT ALL! A LAME DUCK COACH! The whole TEAM was a train WRECK!

Now a GOOD to GREAT RB can make a difference with a BAD O LINE because the D has to respect your ability to run the football. NOT ONE TEAM WE PLAYED RESPECTED OUR ABILITY TO RUN THE FOOTBALL! NOT ONE!!

I dont care if we HAD DAN MARINO in his PRIME out there last season. I have been watching MIAMI PLAY since 1970 and this is the WORST their O line has EVER BEEN!

LMAO @ TOP 5 OFFENSE WITH FAVRE ESPECIALLY! SAD!!

Feeley will thrive in the new system.

NJFinFury2004 said:
I forget who, but someone on CRACK said we would have had a top 5 offense if we had Favre, Culpepper or Manning and we would have made the playoffs. What the HELL?

The PACKERS didn't make the playoffs and had one of the better O lines in the NFL.

The VIKES made the playoffs at 8-8 and also had one of the better O lines in the LEAGUE.

The COLTS made the playoffs and had a strong season. What did they have in comon with the 2 teams above? A TOP 10 OFFENSIVE LINE in the NFL!!

Dude you said we would have been a top 5 offensive in the league with any of those QB'S? Whats wrong with you? Manning would be laying in the hospital, Favre would have retired and Culpepper would have blocked for himself!

Dude that was one of the DUMBEST statements I have seen on this website! TOP 5 OFFENSE? LOL! We had NO RB! NO OFFENSIVE LINE AT ALL! A LAME DUCK COACH! The whole TEAM was a train WRECK!

Now a GOOD to GREAT RB can make a difference with a BAD O LINE because the D has to respect your ability to run the football. NOT ONE TEAM WE PLAYED RESPECTED OUR ABILITY TO RUN THE FOOTBALL! NOT ONE!!

I dont care if we HAD DAN MARINO in his PRIME out there last season. I have been watching MIAMI PLAY since 1970 and this is the WORST their O line has EVER BEEN!

LMAO @ TOP 5 OFFENSE WITH FAVRE ESPECIALLY! SAD!!

Feeley will thrive in the new system.

Do you not realize we could not run the ball cause we couldnt make teams respect the pass. Teams would stack the box and we still couldnt pass against them. Look at film very rarely are we passing against a coverage D. If not top 5 easily a topp 10 O.

FinaticPatch said:
Do you not realize we could not run the ball cause we couldnt make teams respect the pass. Teams would stack the box and we still couldnt pass against them. Look at film very rarely are we passing against a coverage D. If not top 5 easily a topp 10 O.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about. The opposite was true, we couldnot pass b/c teams didn't respect the run. Did you keep your eyes closed last season? Saying we could have been a top 10 offense is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Put any QB behind that line w/ that coach and our offense would not have changed much.

People arent down on Gus, it is just better for the Dolphins future if feeley starts. The problem is those who want gus to start are so down on feely (like you). Give him a chance, Saban is.

NYinBostonFin said:
You don't have any idea what you are talking about. The opposite was true, we couldnot pass b/c teams didn't respect the run. Did you keep your eyes closed last season? Saying we could have been a top 10 offense is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Put any QB behind that line w/ that coach and our offense would not have changed much.

People arent down on Gus, it is just better for the Dolphins future if feeley starts. The problem is those who want gus to start are so down on feely (like you). Give him a chance, Saban is.

OK go back and watch tape if you would like I will send then to you since I have sunday ticket and tape the games and review tapes more than most. Your obvious going off what others have said instead of doing the research. I understand, kinda lazy huh?

Back
Top Bottom