Why is everyone so high on Boston? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so high on Boston?

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
You are abou the only one, unless like someone else said the top ten includes all around person as well as skills. Skills wise, he is top 4.
It's about production, not potential:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DaQuix
Come on. This guy isnt nearly as good as people give him credit for. There are a ton of recievers better then him.

1. Randy Moss
2. Terrel Owens.
3. Hines Ward
4. Torry Holt
5. Marvin Harrison
6. Eric Moulds
7. Anquan Boldin (gonna be incredible)
8. Steve Smith
9. Amani Toomer
10. David Boston
Uhh.......thanks for making our point for us. I'll take a top 10 receiver any day.

Originally posted by DaQuix
WHAT? Are you crazy. I agree with TENN , that he is probably better than Amani Toomer, but name one other reciever on that list he is better then.

I have all the stats to every reciever on that list ...

He has only had ONE 80+ reception season.
apparently you did not understand my post....david boston is a pro bowl reciever that would complement chambers very well....out of those guys you listed boston is right up there with them and is better than toomer,smith, ward, which you had listed higher than him...and if he has only had one 80+ reception season in his career look at the yards he put up with those receptions id bet it was at least 1,500.....and if he only had 1 season like that then he has had several 1,000 yard seasons with less than 80 receptions meaning that he does not have to have 100 receptions to get a 1,000 meaning that he kicks ***....

Originally posted by KBISBACK
1. Terrell Owens
2. Randy Moss
3. Marvin Harrison
4. Torry Holt
5. David Boston
6. Eric Moulds

Those are the 6 best receivers in the NFL, and there isn't another receiver that is close to being with this group.
Boston over MOulds? :roflmao: Homer! Boson hasn't done squat since 2001 and yet he's a top 10? Maybe potentially? Moulds had a groin injury most of the year and had a horrible coach , qb and OL and yet they have hhe same nos.

Just because Boston might be a fin doesn't mean you guys have to be a homer about it. Obviously some poeple here are wearing their teal and orange glasses.

I will bet that if we post this on neutral mb's no one will ranked Boston higher than MOulds. I bet even the fins won't pay him a salary of an elite wr because they don't think he is one.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
apparently you did not understand my post....david boston is a pro bowl reciever that would complement chambers very well....
When did he make probowl? 2001. With your logic, you guys should've kept Griese over Feely and Fiedler because he was a probowler.:rolleyes:

BTW, Moulds can spit accurately, Boston hasn't proven he can. :lol:

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
BTW, Moulds can spit accurately, Boston hasn't proven he can. :lol:
no you see why the jills and their fans are liked so well they are really classy pepole..nothing like braging about a guy spiting in another guys face....

STATS, MEAN CHIT! Tell how stats show teh true ability of a player? Ricky in 1st yr here get 1800+ yds, last year he gets 1300+ yards, 500 drop. so based on STATS he is a 1300 yard rusher tops right? Your stats are meaningless and if you cant see talent wise look at Moulds, where did he go last year? if he is better than boston, how come he doesnt have the ability to carry teh Bills wr when the 2 and 3 arent producing? When was his most productive years? Last year when he had Price taking teh heat off him and when they had Reed and others early in his career. Boston problematic still 70 catches and 7 tds and who else did SD have? Reche Caldwell, Tim Dwight? Next. Holt has Bruce opposite him and Faulk as the rb with a good qb and an offense that throws it 65% of the time, vs SD who has LT and runs it 65% of the time. And lets compare stats during teh ARiz years, Boston had great stats for a sh*t team. Done.

Look before you spew baseless easily shot down arguments, you are entitled to your opinion, but you STATS do not pprove as fact Moulds and Holt are better talents, tehy prove that they had more catches yards etc.. STATS do not prove as fact ones talent level.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
no you see why the jills and their fans are liked so well they are really classy pepole..nothing like braging about a guy spiting in another guys face....
You don't seem to have a sense of humor. Did you even see the smiley face?

Aqua got it :D

we shall see.... I heard alot of this same crap when we were close to signing ricky. :rolleyes:
as far as skills he is a top 5 wr. You put him on those st louis teams with 3 starting wr and see how many yards he racks up.. in arizona when he had that 98 catch 1600 yd season he was covered by no less then 2 guys.. most of the time 3.. i know, i watched alot of his games that year cause he was my #1 fantasy wr.
I'm willing to just sit back a watch how it turns out rather then arguing with you guys now.. none of us know how he will be if he comes here. he could have 2000 or he could be cut before preseason... personally with our offense i would expect about 1200 yds with chambers right there and ricky back at 1700-1800... but like i said none of us know squat for sure.

RICKY RUNS OVER :

You are an idiot. Moulds was out for TWO MONTHS last year and was still able to produce the same numbers that Boston did.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I'm willing to just sit back a watch how it turns out rather then arguing with you guys now.. none of us know how he will be if he comes here. he could have 2000 or he could be cut before preseason... personally with our offense i would expect about 1200 yds with chambers right there and ricky back at 1700-1800... but like i said none of us know squat for sure.
:up: In yhe meantime, some biased finfans talk like he's in the same level as Moss , Harrison. Potentially yes. Latley no. I'd even take Pierless Price back over Boston.

Any football experts like Madden or so, would laugh in your face if you said David Boston is better than Torry Holt and Eric Moulds.

Back
Top Bottom