Why is lb being ignored?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is lb being ignored??

dolfanreal69

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No talk about replacing Hendricks, and we need depth at ilb. I feel at least one of our picks will address that. Which pick should it be? Dolfanreal69:sr23

We did pick a LB with our first pick last year....

Hendricks' best contributions were on special teams, and we've signed a few special teamers already this offseason. I'm sure the hope is that whoever loses the Eddie Moore/Morlon Greenwood battle will be the top backup. They might use a late round pick on a guy, too. Someone like Oregon State's Richard Seigler would be a possibility.

I would think they'll go LB, as you said later in the draft....Our needs are more pressing at OL, DT, S for the early rounds of the draft. Still....Vilma would be a good replacement-in-training for ZT....

Maurice Jones- South Florida, late round or priority free agent. Plays inside and outside, high motor

Zach Thomas
Junior Seau
Morlon Greenwood
Eddie Moore

Corey Jenkins

Thats a LB corps thats four deep, five deep if you include Jenkins. I agree with Ohiohin that we will likely draft a second day LB to compete for a backup LB and special teams position.

I think Vilma has to represent stunning value at 20. I also think that our next MLB is on the roster - Morlon Greenwood. i think somewhere a LB will be taken, but I don't see it being Seigler - he's too slow for our scheme. I think it might be a LB that plays outside but who has the size to play the middle.

I would hope we wouldn't take a LB until the second day...or not at all...Maybe we could get another Larry Izzo type as a UFA (non-drafted) player...to compete on special teams.

First Day is gotta be the line...OL first priority DL second priority...unless the BPA stands way above everyone else that is available.

:jetssuck:

to be honest with you.. if miami eventually signs greg randall before the draft .. it could change miamis draft plans with reguard to drafting defense instead of offense in the early rounds... i can see miami drafting either williams, vilma or dansby @ 20 ... knowing seau is getting older and slowing down ... and will cost miami around 6M in 2005 .. he is one of those vets that i keep saying will be let go in cap related measures for 2005 ... it wouldn't suprise me if LB is addressed early .. if indeed randall does sign ....

The bottom line is that whatever happens, this is Seau's last year. Zach may have 2 years left at the high level. Then we have Greenwood and Moore, one of whom is battle tested. Then we have Jenkins who has shown flashes, but looks raw. Picking up a late round, Larry Izzo type isn't what we need. What happens if we lose Zach in 1 week and then Seau the next? Our LB depth has been awful the last few years. A project is not what we need.

Why is LB ignored?

Because 90% of the people on this board think that the Dolphins should have been in the superbowl the last two years instead of realizing that the team wasn't even in the playoffs.

The defense is good, but not great. It can and should be improved.

Seau - Done
Greenwood - Never has been
Zach - Adequate, but aging and a huge cap hit in the years to come.

Thats two LB spots that need to be filled. Even if you pencil Moore in on one side, that still leaves a big need for another LB. DJ Williams or Karlos Dansby would fit well with this defense.

Originally posted by Boomer
The bottom line is that whatever happens, this is Seau's last year. Zach may have 2 years left at the high level. Then we have Greenwood and Moore, one of whom is battle tested. Then we have Jenkins who has shown flashes, but looks raw. Picking up a late round, Larry Izzo type isn't what we need. What happens if we lose Zach in 1 week and then Seau the next? Our LB depth has been awful the last few years. A project is not what we need.

Okay, who hacked into Boomer's account and posted this? Whoever did this forgot the balance and perspective which Boomer consistently displays.

Using "lose Zach in 1 week and then Seau the next" as evidence to support your position is a bit of a reach, don't you think? That line of reasoning could be used to support claims that we should draft any position (e.g. what if we lose Boston 1 week then Chambers the next? or what if we lose Feely 1 week then Fiedler the next?).

We do need another solid LB for depth purposes, but it will not be our first round pick. They will use that pick for someone who will regularly get on the field this year. Perhaps our 3rd or 4th rounder might be used on a solid LB prospect, a player who will be a ST stud this year and looks like he could develop into a solid LB in a couple of years. That will happen if we see value at LB when we are on the clock. If we don't, then look for a late-rounder.

I also think with the ages of Seau and Thomas we will draft another LB next year.

Corey Jenkins

I have alot of hope in Corey Jenkins I had the opportunity to see him play in camp last season and for an Ex-QB the guy has incredible physical ability which is important for a LB, you could see he lacked the experience but with the proper training could turn out to be the steal of last years draft imho.

Anyone know if he is playing in Europe? I also don't understand why se sent our RB Henry over to Europe are we trying to showcase him???

Back
Top Bottom