Why is lb being ignored?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is lb being ignored??

So now Zach is only adequate?

Absolutely. Have you seen him in pass coverage the last two years?

Originally posted by Surferosa
Zach Thomas
Junior Seau
Morlon Greenwood
Eddie Moore

Corey Jenkins

Thats a LB corps thats four deep, five deep if you include Jenkins. I agree with Ohiohin that we will likely draft a second day LB to compete for a backup LB and special teams position.

How many offers has Greenwood had as an RFA? But, I guess that means that the other 31 teams in the NFL just don't know talent when they see it.

Moore - Zero games played in the NFL

Jenkins - Zero games started at LB in the NFL

This is the solid group of LB's that you are referring to??????

Originally posted by 72phin

Absolutely. Have you seen him in pass coverage the last two years?

How many offers has Greenwood had as an RFA? But, I guess that means that the other 31 teams in the NFL just don't know talent when they see it.

Moore - Zero games played in the NFL

Jenkins - Zero games started at LB in the NFL

This is the solid group of LB's that you are referring to??????

Zach is still a top tier MLB he isn't the best but he is Top 5...

Whats your point on Moore and Jenkins...Guess what anyone we draft at LB will have ZERO GAMES played in the NFL...

If we wanted experienced depth at LB I suggest we go after Mr. Gold...

..How many offers has Greenwood had as an RFA? But, I guess that means that the other 31 teams in the NFL just don't know talent when they see it...

Sure. Greenwood is a bum...THAT'S the reason why no team gave him an offer. Forget the fact that he's a restricted free agent, and any team who wants to sign him has to surrender a high draft pick. :rolleyes:

It amazes me how people continue to think lowly of Greenwood. He's a solid player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, no way in hell should we be addressing LB high in this draft. We've got 4 we consider starting quality at this point.

If Miami picks a linebacker who likely wont be a starter with their first pick for the second year in a row..well, the shat is going to hit the fan.

I think we're not ignoring the LB spot. We did take Moore(I wanted Calico)and Jenkins. I know they haven't start a game yet but should they have? We did have Zach,Junior and Greewood so how could the 2 kids get any playing time?Now I think we could draft a LB this year again, maybe even in the 3rd round like Demorrio Williams of Nebraska or maybe someone in the 4th round. I still think that we'll go o-line and then either DT or WR on the first day of the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Dolfan954

Sure. Greenwood is a bum...THAT'S the reason why no team gave him an offer. Forget the fact that he's a restricted free agent, and any team who wants to sign him has to surrender a high draft pick. :rolleyes:

It amazes me how people continue to think lowly of Greenwood. He's a solid player.

A high draft pick??????

Its a THIRD round tender. So, what you are saying is that if you were a GM, you would rather have a 3rd round pick than Morlon. :rolleyes: Maybe, just maybe, he isn't very good.

Let's not get crazy here. The fact is that LB is not a position of need at this point. The dolphins play their 4-3 only about 60% of the time anyway. When we go to the nickle and dime, one or two of these guys come out. Also, this can be addressed in FA as there are always decent LBs available out there.

This year is about filling needs (at the moment) which = WR and OL. Other lesser positions of need (DT, S (not so much now), and LB) are day 2 needs at the moment.

Vilma is a nice pick, I agree, but there is soooo much better value in a rasual woods or carey/andrews that vilma will not be a dolphin.

Gator

I think you guys are coming down a bit hard on Greenwood. He did show tremendous improvement last season. A few dumb penalties but he still got 50 tackles and 25 assists for limitted play which isn't that bad considering we rarely have 3 Linebackers on the field and Thomas and Seau are infront of him in the depth chart :).

I'm so tired of hearing about drafting a LB, especially with the FIRST pick. As of now, we have a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th.

That's 5 picks. At least 1 pick will be simply training camp fodder, which leaves an opportunity to plug or get depth in 4 spots. We have a gaping hole on the right side of our OL. We need a FS, and with all the talent at WR in this draft, how can they not take a WR? Like Rick said, there will be WRs in this draft in the 3rd and 4th rounds that would normally go in the 2nd.

LB is not a priority over any of the positions I mentioned. We're good for this year. We have Jr for probably one more year, Zach, and Greenwood. I think they'll probably trade down somewhere and pick up extra picks. Maybe they'll draft a LB then...in day 2.

Cuse,,, we don't need a Lb we need o-lineman. Even though we addressed that a little in freeagency, I think thats for depth more than any thing. We need a center and right guard and right tackle more than anything else. The team as a whole is really solid except for those 3 position. My first 3 picks whould be to fill those spots. We could use a punter too! any thoughts on that?:eat:

A high draft pick??????

Its a THIRD round tender. So, what you are saying is that if you were a GM, you would rather have a 3rd round pick than Morlon. :rolleyes: Maybe, just maybe, he isn't very good.
What evidence can you present that he isn't very good? If his name isn't called time after time because he blows a coverage, misses a tackle, etc.., then yes, it's obvious. When you're not a liability, then you're a solid player.

Originally posted by Gatorman
Let's not get crazy here. The fact is that LB is not a position of need at this point. The dolphins play their 4-3 only about 60% of the time anyway. When we go to the nickle and dime, one or two of these guys come out. Also, this can be addressed in FA as there are always decent LBs available out there.

This year is about filling needs (at the moment) which = WR and OL. Other lesser positions of need (DT, S (not so much now), and LB) are day 2 needs at the moment.

Vilma is a nice pick, I agree, but there is soooo much better value in a rasual woods or carey/andrews that vilma will not be a dolphin.

Gator

And what percentage of the time does this offense go to a 3 WR set? 10%, 20%? And WR is a pressing need?
OL - Absolutely a need. And, if Andrews is there, you take him. But if he isn't, is there a huge drop off between a guard available in round 3 vs round 1? Not really.

LB - Worst part of the defense last year. No question.

Guys, is ok to post whatever you want but Rick's gone take whoever he wants and I don't see a LB for us with our first pick once again.I think the realist would be round 3 and that might not even happen.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Guys, is ok to post whatever you want but Rick's gone take whoever he wants and I don't see a LB for us with our first pick once again.I think the realist would be round 3 and that might not even happen.

Ozzy rules!!
No way we take a LB in the first round. Not with our emergency situation @ RG & RT. Third round is still too early.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

What evidence can you present that he isn't very good? If his name isn't called time after time because he blows a coverage, misses a tackle, etc.., then yes, it's obvious. When you're not a liability, then you're a solid player.

Morlon ranked 68th in the league in tackles last year (Lower third of starting LBs in the NFL. He is tied with Piso Tinoisamoa.). Start making excuses.

Forced fumbles - Zero

Fumble Recoveries - Zero. Thats just not hustling and being around the play.

Interceptions - Zero

Pass Defensed - One

31 GMs didn't even bring him in for a visit.

What evidence do you have that he is a good or solid LB???

Back
Top Bottom