Why is lb being ignored?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is lb being ignored??

Originally posted by 72phin

Morlon ranked 68th in the league in tackles last year (Lower third of starting LBs in the NFL. He is tied with Piso Tinoisamoa.). Start making excuses.

Forced fumbles - Zero

Fumble Recoveries - Zero. Thats just not hustling and being around the play.

Interceptions - Zero

Pass Defensed - One

31 GMs didn't even bring him in for a visit.

What evidence do you have that he is a good or solid LB???
You just proved my point. No forced fumbles, INTs, etc. doesn't mean he's not a solid player. My point was that he's not a liability. Assuming you watch all the Dolphins games, how many times did you see Morlon hurt us? How many tackles did he miss? How many times did he give up big yardage in coverage? You don't need stats for that because it's an eyesore when it happens.

Everyone knew that Jerry Wilson was a liability. The same goes with Derrick Rogers, Jamar Fletcher, Wade Smith getting owned by Freeney (although he was only a rookie, so it's wasn't entirely his fault), J.B. Brown, Derrius Thompson, etc...that's the difference.

Plus, Morlon isn't on the field as much as the other LBs, so he's not going to post the big numbers you're looking for.

VILMA, if he is there at 20, aint that worth the pick instead of a gamble.

And what percentage of the time does this offense go to a 3 WR set? 10%, 20%? And WR is a pressing need?
OL - Absolutely a need. And, if Andrews is there, you take him. But if he isn't, is there a huge drop off between a guard available in round 3 vs round 1? Not really.

LB - Worst part of the defense last year. No question.

#3 WR is a more pressing need than # 5 LB.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

Plus, Morlon isn't on the field as much as the other LBs, so he's not going to post the big numbers you're looking for.

Thats very true, what kinda numbers do you expect from him when they bring the nickle back in half of the time.

Why is LB ignored?

Because 90% of the people on this board think that the Dolphins should have been in the superbowl the last two years instead of realizing that the team wasn't even in the playoffs.

Even if you pencil Moore in on one side, that still leaves a big need for another LB. DJ Williams or Karlos Dansby would fit well with this defense.

DAVE?

Jenkins and Moore will be great special teamers...as will our depth at DB. They are all quality ST players

Interceptions - Zero

Pass Defensed - One

Sam Madison is in on every down.

3 interceptions

6 passes defended

Patrick Surtain

7 interceptions

6 passes defended

By the numbers ratio.......They suck too. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
Jenkins and Moore will be great special teamers...as will our depth at DB. They are all quality ST players

I was hoping for a little stronger response from you Mike. :eat:

It seems an edumacation in the responsibilities of the strong side linebacker in this defense is in order.........:tongue:

they both only have 12 passes defended? Are you sure that is true?

I did a quick lookup on nfl.com.

Half their numbers seem to be wrong.;)

Originally posted by ZOD

Sam Madison is in on every down.

3 interceptions

6 passes defended

Patrick Surtain

7 interceptions

6 passes defended

By the numbers ratio.......They suck too. :rolleyes:
Absolutely. Maybe we should take a CB in the first :hmmm:

:jk: of course...

BTW...

Dolphin Digest listed LB as priority number 4 (if recollection serves) and listed a bunch of 3rd rounders and beyond before the latest Safety signing. I guess the LB position just jumped a notch in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom