Why is lb being ignored?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is lb being ignored??

Originally posted by 72phin

Morlon ranked 68th in the league in tackles last year (Lower third of starting LBs in the NFL. He is tied with Piso Tinoisamoa.). Start making excuses.

Forced fumbles - Zero

Fumble Recoveries - Zero. Thats just not hustling and being around the play.

Interceptions - Zero

Pass Defensed - One

31 GMs didn't even bring him in for a visit.

Consider the fact that he's on the field approximately 50% of the time. He's off the field in nickel coverage. There are some games in which he hardly saw the field(First Jets)

Consider the fact that he's a strongside linebacker. When he IS on the field, regardless of his talent, Zach and Seau are expected to make the tackle over them, due to the kind of linebacker he is.

Also consider the fact in games where he played in Nickel due to Zach or Seau being down, or we played against a team which rarely used Nickel coverage, he did good.

Vs. Jacksonville- Seau was out, Greenwood took his place in nickel coverage. Lead the team with 10 tackles.

Vs. San Diego- The team played mostly base 4-3, Greenwood lead the team in tackles with 7.

Vs. Baltimore- The team played base 4-3 pretty much the entire game. Greenwood lead the team with 10 tackles.

Vs. New England- Base 4-3 game. Didnt lead the team, but still had 10 tackles.

Given a chance last season, he shined.

I was impressed by Greenwood's play. I want a good back up and a replacement for Zach

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Consider the fact that he's on the field approximately 50% of the time. He's off the field in nickel coverage. There are some games in which he hardly saw the field(First Jets)

Consider the fact that he's a strongside linebacker. When he IS on the field, regardless of his talent, Zach and Seau are expected to make the tackle over them, due to the kind of linebacker he is.

Also consider the fact in games where he played in Nickel due to Zach or Seau being down, or we played against a team which rarely used Nickel coverage, he did good.

Vs. Jacksonville- Seau was out, Greenwood took his place in nickel coverage. Lead the team with 10 tackles.

Vs. San Diego- The team played mostly base 4-3, Greenwood lead the team in tackles with 7.

Vs. Baltimore- The team played base 4-3 pretty much the entire game. Greenwood lead the team with 10 tackles.

Vs. New England- Base 4-3 game. Didnt lead the team, but still had 10 tackles.

Given a chance last season, he shined.

:clap:

Disgustipate has officially broken it down. I rest my case.

How many plays has Moore played? Does he not deserve compitition?

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
How many plays has Moore played? Does he not deserve compitition?
Of course he does. Moore hasn't proved a thing yet; however, we can't afford to spend a #1 or #3 on a LB. Not with the OL holes we have.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

You just proved my point. No forced fumbles, INTs, etc. doesn't mean he's not a solid player. My point was that he's not a liability. Assuming you watch all the Dolphins games, how many times did you see Morlon hurt us? How many tackles did he miss? How many times did he give up big yardage in coverage?

What was the Dolphin record versus teams that made the playoffs last season? Look it up.

How many points did this defense give up in those games? Look it up.

Have you ever heard of Brian Westbrook? Watch the Philly game again.

Daniel Graham, Marcus Pollard, Erron Kinney, Frank Wycheck? How many other tight ends do you want me to name that have torched this LB crew.

Derrick Rogers, "the liability", had one less tackle than Morlon, had 5 pass defensed, 2 fumble recoveries, and 1 int.

1 passed defensed ranks 101st in the NFL among linebackers.

You haven't heard his name called watching Dolphin games? That is the best reason that you can come up with for why he is a solid player? Maybe if he was in position and played with some hustle you might hear his name more often.

But you could be right. I could be wrong. 31 NFL paid GMs could be wrong. Maybe the Dolphins did make the playoffs last year.

the draft fills holes in the future, to count on it to fill the hole next year is a mistake

I think OL and LB are equal in priority. That is why I'd like to see them trade out of the #20 spot and try to get another Day 1 pick.

In addition, if we sign Randall we will have added James, McIntosh, St.Clair, Randall this offseason. We have some flexibility due to St. Clair's ability to play multiple positions. We could start the season with:

Smith, James, St. Clair, McKinney, Randall

or

Smith, James, McKinney, Whitley, St. Clair

when McIntosh is back, we can plug him in at RT. They are also talking about bringing back Perry or Nails. I also don't think they have given up on Whitley. There just seems to be many more options for the OL.

I think LB is okay for the starters, but we have no depth and our starters are getting old.

I don't think we should draft a WR until round 3 at the earliest. If the FO doest their job with Chambers, any WR we draft won't see the field. I think they are planning to run an offense similar to the old Cowboys offense where the base personnel can hurt you in many ways. I like the idea of Williams, Konrad, McMichael, Chambers, and Boston being used in a variety of ways to attack a defense.

We have added players at safety and CB already. The other area of need is Defensive Tackle.

Originally posted by Boomer
I also think that our next MLB is on the roster - Morlon Greenwood. i

Boomer, I am definately going to agree with you there, & that has not been mentioned around here. This is why I think D.J. Williams would make a load of sense, although Vilma would make more(not just because they're Canes, but come on...they are the two best LB's in the draft). Williams, Greenwood, Moore...or Greenwood, Vilma, Moore in the future would be fine.

About the only difference in Vilma and Williams is that Vilma could probably step in and play this year....Williams may need a year under his belt first, but that is not an issue with us anyways....our 3 LBs are set right now...I would still like to see Moore be able to come in and spell Jr during games this season....He was kinda burned at the end of the year...(could have been frustration though...)

Originally posted by 72phin

Daniel Graham, Marcus Pollard, Erron Kinney, Frank Wycheck? How many other tight ends do you want me to name that have torched this LB crew.

Hmmm...

Daniel Graham's 2 games vs. Miami this year:
Game 1 - 2 catches, 9 yards
Game 2 - 6 catches, 24 yards

Marcus Pollard:
vs. Miami - 2 catches, 68 yards...& if you actually WATCHED the game, 51 of those yards came off of the craziest play for us all year. I think it was raining or something, but the ball went through MARVIN HARRISON's hands, right into Pollard's.

Erron Kinney:
vs. Miami - 1 catch, 11 yards

Frank Wycheck:
vs. Miami - 2 catches, 16 yards.

Those guys torched our LB crew? :sleep:

If you are talking about 2003, you have no clue at all what you're talking about.

Chambers - I love Vilma. Love him. I think he's going to be a very special linebacker. But I'm not a fan of DJ Williams. If I didn't take Vilma, then I would be taking Nebraska's Demorrio Williams. Wow. What a great player he is. He's a lot of fun to watch. Not recruited as a high school player, he's a little undersized, but I saw him LITERALLY take over games last season. He's going to be value around the turn 1 into 2 and I think he's special.

And I think Teddy Lehman is a pretty damn good player as well.
Linebackers in our scheme require instincts - that sounds stupid, because all linebackers require instincts - but more so in our scheme. It's very much a read and react system. Morlon shuts off the back side - that's his read every play. His job, if the play goes to the left is to shut off the cutback lane and he does it well. Zach's job is to flow to the ball behind Larry and Tim and then knife through when a hole opens. Same with Junior, who takes far less chances with us than he did in SD because its a read and react system. I don't think DJ Williams is best suited to Jim Bates' defense for that reason.

I have been saying all along the weakest postion on the Dolphins is the LB'S right now.
There is currently not 1 backup on the team now that has any starting experience.
What happens if Zach,Greenwood or Seaus gets hurt?
The FO should have picked up a veteran LB in FA with some starting experience.The FA pool of LB's is drying up fast.

Moore has not even played a single down in the NFL.The jury is still out on Moore.He could be a bust for all anyone knows.
Jenkins is primarly a ST's player right know.He is very raw and will need time to devolp.
And Ayanbadejo will be nothing more the a ST's player.

And lets not forget Seau is a liabilty in coverage.
He's only a 2 down player.The thing Seau is still good at is blitzing the QB but Wanny very rarely uses him for that.

Back
Top Bottom