Why is NFL called "Foot-ball"?? What a Joke. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is NFL called "Foot-ball"?? What a Joke.

ScottishFin said:
Thing is though if we all liked the same things it would be a damn boring place to live. :D

Association Football (to give Soccer its proper name) is the biggest participation sport in the world for a reason , all you need is a ball and a patch of spare ground. NO need for uniforms/strips/pitches etc.

NFL is IMO a fantastic sport but not one you can get into lightly. It takes time to understand its nuances and rules, but immmesely satisfying to watch when you grasp what it is all about.

Everyone has the right to an opinion on anything but to come on to a Fins and dis their game is a bit of bad form to say the least. How would you take to it if someone came onto another forum and abused your favourite football team ?

IMO soccer will always be number one for me as its what I was brought up with , I can bet that any person brought up supporting an NFL team will say the same from their side. But the key is to respect each others choices and viewpoints. As I said before if we al lliked the same sports it would be a **** boring place to live

/hippy love in crap over now :D

BTW , i ****in h8 basketball/cricket/rugby and tennis for anyone that wants to argue :p

Beat me to it. And it's precisely correct.

You don't need much to play soccer. And that's why it's the most popular in the world. As my boss, who grew up in London, says......"It's a third-world sport. Far less sophisticated than American Football".

He still likes soccer. But it doesn't come close to his love for football. Same goes for his father, who is now a knowledgeable football fan after 11 years in this country. Follows the entire league as well as the Buccaneers.

I'm not knocking soccer or it's players. I respect it. It's not a sport I watch. Just isn't my thing. However, I do watch the women's World Cup (since we're so good at it).

Don't see the need for this thread.

modestophinfan said:
soccermom soccer is the stupidest sport in the world, i cant stand watching it. the players are little bitches

Oh, so you are one of those Colombians who hates soccer?

I'm not big on soccer (I certainly don't hate it) and watching the MLS championship game the other day gave me greater respect for the sport. I know a lot of you saw on ESPN that dude that got kicked in the face (with the ball, the guy kicked the ball and is smashed some dude right in the face). That was insane and he wasn't even fazed (at least he didn't show he was). That's one tough SOB in my book. Soccer, although not my favorite sport (as most of u on the board know) it certainly has my RESPECT!

iceblizzard69 said:
Oh, so you are one of those Colombians who hates soccer?

ice, if you had taken the time to read my comment to the full, instead of makinga assumptions as to what i meant, you would have saw that i included the word "soccermom". yes, i believe that the american "soccermom" form of soccer has been sissified. if you go to ares w/ concentrations of latinos in the US, you would see that they play a completely different style of soccer, not the "touch and you get a penalty type" why are you alwasys trying to start **** w/ me anyway?

modestophinfan said:
ice, if you had taken the time to read my comment to the full, instead of makinga assumptions as to what i meant, you would have saw that i included the word "soccermom". yes, i believe that the american "soccermom" form of soccer has been sissified. if you go to ares w/ concentrations of latinos in the US, you would see that they play a completely different style of soccer, not the "touch and you get a penalty type" why are you alwasys trying to start **** w/ me anyway?

This thread is discussing professional soccer, which we play just fine in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom