Why Isn't Tannehill Further Along? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Isn't Tannehill Further Along?

clear.gif

Cute, nice touch. Good to see someone has a sense of humor around here.

[video=youtube;ztVMib1T4T4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4[/video]

Direct theft of schtick I did about a month and a half ago. :throwsflag:

In retrospect, this was an excellent response. Dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is about the same time of year where everyone already makes assumptions when camp hasnt even started yet. oh my. the immaturity on this board is something else.

Tannenhill is extremely raw. He's got the talent but needs time. I hope they don't play him this year out of desparation. It could ruin his development. We are not winning the super bowl this year folks. If we draft well we will contend in year 3 of the Philbin era

My question is…why isn’t the #8 pick in the draft ready to take over at starting QB

because he wasnt worth the #8 spot, had one year of college production and is now facing better defenders than he EVER HAS in the past.

i like tanny. i liked tanny in round 2 though expecially since matt moore is going to be the starter [always has].

this was a knee jerk, stifle the mob move by the finz brass to settle things down with the fans and get them to buy SEASON tickets.

he is 3 years away [as most rookie qb's are] and thats just the facts jack. i think if we keep a solid staff around and he gets quality reps, he COULD very well be something special. but its going to be a while.

i'm fully aware that marc colombo was a turnstyle in 2011...i tried to tell you guys that the guy was done off what i saw from him in 2010 with the boys after we signed him...his legs were shot...

that said there's more to matt moores taking bad sacks than just the right tackle last year...

His vision was maddening at times, I don't think I've ever yelled "watch out!" at the TV more than last year

While not a great luxury, it is still a luxury to have David Garrard and Matt Moore at QB. It allows Tannehill to learn at his own pace instead of getting thrown to the fire.

Yeah people will look at Newton and Dalton, but they're success isn't the new rule. Even then, Carolina really played only a fraction of their playbook early on in the season (and ran Cam a lot more than they probably would have liked) until the game slowed down for him as the season went on. Compare the playcalling the first part of the season with later; much more diverse later. Kind of the same with Dalton, but they did more throw it up and hope Green/Gresham/Simpson comes down with the ball.

Back
Top Bottom