why not cut channing crowder? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why not cut channing crowder?

MarshallFin1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I dont know why but i just think we are better off with a young gun like mccoy in the middle. I been watching the highlights of mccoy and i believe he is a huge upgrade over a injured crowder who isnt even practicing.... Mccoy is younger, faster, better tackler, hungrier, is this not an upgrade over crowder? We got jake long and vontae gettin injured in games and practice and yet they are already back to practice while crowder stays out of practice.... I dont know, maybe im wrong but if crowder aint practicing i dont want him out there on sunday and i hope sparano notices this.

mycoys highlights, #98 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5I3ZpUnlX0

Channing is not a top tier ILB but he is above average. Cutting him honestly would make no sense. Our Defense shown we are better with him in the lineup then out of it. Though, I do believe Dobbins, Micah and Carpernter will see plenty of time opposite of Dansby so we will see soon enough just how important he is to our D.

you could be right just not this year.
Chubbs

i think they just released mccoy from the practice squad.why in the world would they release channing? is there someone they are dying to sign that they need his roster spot?is he number 53 on the depth chart now, so if they want to sign someone channing has to go?i don't get it. what is the thought process behind this thread.

McCoy looked awful in the preseason. Granted this is just my opinion, but I would groan every time I saw him flopping around out there. At least Channing has talent. No brains sure, but some talent.

McCoy is an OLB and I thought he looked lost all preseason. Further, he has been let go from the practice squad. I highly doubt if we will just release Crowder outright anyway. It was a very smart move to get Dobbins via trade or we may be in trouble right now.

People fail to recognize the horridly bad linebackers that were playing next to Crowder. Torbor and Ayodele. I've been saying this for a while now, but Channing literally had to play both inside linebacker spots because the other two played with their heads up their *****. With Dandby here Crowder improves tenfold.

Cut crowder lol. You do realize this FO wants him as the other starter

Yea let's not start taking away from our depth, especially on defense.

I know a lot of people are NOT fans of 'ol boy Crowder but face it, cut him and any of our other MLB goes down we are looking at a major hole in our D. Stick with what we got there and let's get a TE in if anything...

I llke him as a run stopper, but it really ends there...no real reason to cut him though.

They will cut him next year............ok.

I dont know why but i just think we are better off with a young gun like mccoy in the middle. I been watching the highlights of mccoy and i believe he is a huge upgrade over a injured crowder who isnt even practicing.... Mccoy is younger, faster, better tackler, hungrier, is this not an upgrade over crowder? We got jake long and vontae gettin injured in games and practice and yet they are already back to practice while crowder stays out of practice.... I dont know, maybe im wrong but if crowder aint practicing i dont want him out there on sunday and i hope sparano notices this.

mycoys highlights, #98 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5I3ZpUnlX0
boy am i glad you're not part of the evaluating process

Wow cut Crowder??? He is an experienced linebacker. who in 2008 everyone loved had a down year last year, maybe this year he picks it up. So we would cut him for a guy who used to play Defensive End in college and has been non existant in any of our preseason games????????? Come on brother look at what you write before you write it plz.

People fail to recognize the horridly bad linebackers that were playing next to Crowder. Torbor and Ayodele. I've been saying this for a while now, but Channing literally had to play both inside linebacker spots because the other two played with their heads up their *****. With Dandby here Crowder improves tenfold.

he played beside Zach and underwhelmed.

Back
Top Bottom