why not cut channing crowder? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why not cut channing crowder?

Channing Crowder is in the lower tier of starting MLB's in the league but the middle linebackers are usually the most talented all-around defenders on the field. He's still better than the flurry of run-of-the-mill, no impact linebacker's we've had besides him, and while his position could be improved upon in an ideal world, it's harder than it seems and there are still other aspects of this defense that should be shored up first (secondary).

Say what you want. You are merely a fan behind meaningless text while I am building a portfolio and making a name for myself.

Props to you sir. Don't take it personally, this is the sort of nonsense he typically brings to the table around here... Rarely worth reading a thing he's posted.

Props to you sir. Don't take it personally, this is the sort of nonsense he typically brings to the table around here... Rarely worth reading a thing he's posted.

it's cool i'm not looking for friends on a pro football message board...i'm looking for people who know what they're talking about...

Give Dobbins a chance. Johnson has played well enough to be a backup and still has to become comfortable with the defense. I think Dobbins will be an upgrade over Crowder.

The fact that Micah Johnson, with no mini camp and missing half of training camp, surpassed Spitler and Folsom and impressed the coaches enough in a short period of time to make the 53 is impressive when you think about it. Depending on how well A.J. Edds recovers from his ACL this may be Crowders last season with the Phins. We would have Dobbins, Johnson, Dansby, Edds and Carpenter would be on the bubble unless we keep 5 but I think Carpenter can play OLB.

he played beside Zach and underwhelmed.

Underwhelmed maybe but he wasnt crap. Lets see what he gets to with Dansby beside him. He needs a playmaker beside ham and Torbor and Ayodele are as far away from playmakers as we get. If he sucks this season, I'm sure the FO will take action anyway. Maybe Micah is the next Zach? ;)

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I think Carpenters main problem is his physicality..was it in '08 anyway, iirc

Channing Crowder is the most unproductive starting Mike LB in the NFL. The only thing I can think of that would be worse, is starting an undrafted rookie free agent who has the same forty time as Paul Soliai.

I dont know why but i just think we are better off with a young gun like mccoy in the middle. I been watching the highlights of mccoy and i believe he is a huge upgrade over a injured crowder who isnt even practicing.... Mccoy is younger, faster, better tackler, hungrier, is this not an upgrade over crowder? We got jake long and vontae gettin injured in games and practice and yet they are already back to practice while crowder stays out of practice.... I dont know, maybe im wrong but if crowder aint practicing i dont want him out there on sunday and i hope sparano notices this.

mycoys highlights, #98 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5I3ZpUnlX0
Mc Coy is an OLB and he was released.

Like him or not, if you go back and check, the opposing offenses have more success running the ball when Chowder has been out with injuries. He leaves a lot to be desired in coverage but is effective in stopping the run.

i really don't have anything against this kid...just don't tell me that channing crowder now that he has dansby next to him is gonna morph into some stud ilb...that's a bunch of bunk

it's cool i'm not looking for friends on a pro football message board...i'm looking for people who know what they're talking about...

:lol: You are such a hypocrite. I have never seen any one of your posts have any sort of analysis or logic in it whatsoever. All you do is agree with people you think are right, and disagree with those you think are wrong, with no debate coming from your end. Is your penis really that small that you have to try to be a message board bully? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom