Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

I don't know what Pitts has done between bowl season and now but he went from #2 TE behind Freirmuth to top 5 pick lock.... Did something happen with him?

I heard someone say in a different thread that he's a generational talent at both WR and TE. I don't think anyone knows anymore than anyone else.

I do think it's weird that they don't want to draft someone at pick 3 that isn't "thick and stout" lol no one wants Smith at 3, they'd prefer Pitts or Chase because they are beefier lol

In which universe was Friermuth ahead of Pitts ? Literally no one said that. Since the close of the Season, Pitts has been consistently ranked in the top 10 by most evaluators, there is no sudden rise here. I have no clue what you are talking about here.

Atlanta Falcons have Calvin Ridley entering the final year of his four year rookie contract and they might be cap heavy. How about offering them our number three for their four and Calvin? It’s their chance to make sure we don’t deal the pick, which will be one of the quarterbacks, either Zack or Justin, that will be coveted by both Atlanta and probably San Fran, Dallas, Detroit, Philly, Denver. Hey Atlanta, want a guarantee? We can get a number one wide receiver, and a ?? pick, and then Pennai Sewell becomes a lot more attractive for us at four, Cincinnati might even feel obligated to move up one spot to get him. Pitts is still a possibility and if we pick up Najee with 18 our offense just became formidable.

Everyone knows how I feel on the guy. I honestly think he's a better WR prospect than all the 3 blue chip WRs. None of those guys are as physically impressive as him, they all may be a little faster but it's not by a whole lot and none can match his ability to block or win contested balls. He can get separation as well as any of them and he's can also play a little TE too :)

Having said all that, 3 is very rich for any WR or TE, Sewell makes the most sense for us if we stay there tbh. Pitts would be my #2 guy there though, if Sewell is gone.

Big conclusion though here is, we need to trade back, get the value.

Order for 1a for me is:

1. Sewell
2. Pitts
3. Chase
4. Waddle
5. Smith
6. Parsons
7. Paye
I agree on Sewell

I feel very similar about Pitts but I am open to all of them I expect Tua to be great with any of them

I also like Bateman a lot I like his strong hands and compete

If we got Pitts early we can still get more WRs and/or RBs later

I love a trade down but getting a partner is the key

The Geisiki love here is well... .....

As someone who has tracked Kyle Pitts and his growth since high school, I can't tell you how bad some of the takes are in here. Pitts and Gesicki aren't even on the same planet in terms of receiving ability. Darren Waller is as close of a comp as you'll get and he wrecked our secondary this last season.
Is Pitts likely to disappear for 2/4 3/4 quarters probably not

I think we will be able to trade down. The Jets have to take a qb at 2 , Darnold has had 3 yrs to show something and has done nothing. The Genos,Mitches,Drews of the NFL have done more in the NFL than Darnold. So with the third pick we are the only team before Atlanta (who will draft a qb if available}and the cream of the qb crop. Next yr there are not many good prospects at qb, so this is the last shot for many teams. We should be able to get a top ten pick this yr, a second this yr and a 1st next. Draft Pitts. Teams have a tough time covering 1 tight end, try covering 2 good tight ends, heck we could have 3 tight ends out there at times. It is all about the mismatches. We could then package the picks we got from trading back. A # 2 this yr and 1 next to sneak in at 15 maybe, and get the bpa maybe Parsons, Slattery, Waddle, Smith. Who knows. If we do not get a w/o at 15 ,you get one at 18. To get 3 players in the top 20 would be amazing

Everyone knows how I feel on the guy. I honestly think he's a better WR prospect than all the 3 blue chip WRs. None of those guys are as physically impressive as him, they all may be a little faster but it's not by a whole lot and none can match his ability to block or win contested balls. He can get separation as well as any of them and he's can also play a little TE too :)

Having said all that, 3 is very rich for any WR or TE, Sewell makes the most sense for us if we stay there tbh. Pitts would be my #2 guy there though, if Sewell is gone.

Big conclusion though here is, we need to trade back, get the value.

Order for 1a for me is:

1. Sewell
2. Pitts
3. Chase
4. Waddle
5. Smith
6. Parsons
7. Paye
"Better than the WR prospects" Really? OK!

Yeah. And there’s not a bosa brother, chase young, Myles Garrett, Suh, von Miller out there to scoop up at #3. There’s not that top tier player at a “#3 worthy value” position waiting to fall into your laps this year. That player is Kyle pitts this year imo. I think the value argument is weaker this year. You trade down to #6 and there’s a great chance both pitts and chase are gone. Was the extra draft pick worth it? Parsons and Sewell aren’t the caliber of players that are locks to go before the receivers this year. It’s likely they do, but far from a lock imo.

Kyle pitts is the guy falling into your lap after the QBs this year. I don’t know a team in the league that doesn’t need a Kyle pitts except for Kansas City.
Perhaps Kyle Pitts can out run NFL DB's like he did in college? Is he a 4.4 guy who can take the top a D like WE need? He will get his catches and I hope he does well ( especially if he lands here other than #3) but he IS NOT the answer to our receiver needs, without a true #1

"Better than the WR prospects" Really? OK!
He isn't wrong...there is quite a bit of debate, tell me whats the difference between him and DK Metcalf? Have you watched the film? You should, the kid looks like a mismatch nightmare @WR or @TE.

I will be very curious how he runs at his pro day....@ 6-6 240+. If I like him at 6 overall, then I like him at 3 overall.

He isn't wrong...there is quite a bit of debate, tell me whats the difference between him and DK Metcalf? Have you watched the film? You should, the kid looks like a mismatch nightmare @WR or @TE.

I will be very curious how he runs at his pro day....@ 6-6 240+. If I like him at 6 overall, then I like him at 3 overall.
I have only seen him since he's been here ( every game) at UF, for what that's worth. He did skip the Bowl game... He will never have the pure agility of a true "good' WR...

I have only seen him since he's been here ( every game) at UF, for what that's worth. He did skip the Bowl game... He will never have the pure agility of a true "good' WR...
He has the same agility as Metcalf who people speak about as the next great one....

You want agility then grab Toney for a slot in the bottom of the first, but I think he has a lot more limitations than Pitts.

Please tell me any tight end drafted highly recently who has dramatically changed the offense he's in.

Back
Top Bottom