Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

If Miami can leave the first two rounds with 3/4 picks as pitts, a wr and a rb, they would be very genius-like. if they trade down, they actually would have 5-6 picks in the first two rounds

Once again, we need to wait to see what we do with free agency first. I'd love one of the top WR's but lets say we get Robinson in free agency. If that's the case then I'd be totally fine with trading down and taking Pitts. I'd still draft another WR but I could wait till the 2nd round for that unless Smith or Waddle drop enough for us to move back up. imagine an offense with Robinson, Pitts and either Smith or Waddle.

I think we will regret not drafting pitts. I feel like a lot of people on this board are drafting for need a nod just picking a wideout at 3. I would pick highest rated player on board outside of the qb postition. Drafting for need will get you Charles Harris.

I think we’ll be fine.

I like Pitts a lot, but picking him a number three screams homerism to me. Here's a more realistic question to me if both Pitts and Parsons both drop out of the top 12, who should we trade up to pick? That'd be a tough one for me but if lean toward Parsons, but be estatic either way.

Kyle Pitts is a generational talent that will not fall out of the top 10. Come combine time, he will rise up and have people on here backpedaling their takes. His route running is on Jerry Jeudy level. His catch radius is Deondre Hopkins like, and he did not have a drop this past season. Pitts literally went against Surtain who was arguably the best DB in college and gave him the beats. I don't want him or any receiver at 3 though. I'd like to see a trade back to no higher than 6 and grab him there.

Once again, we need to wait to see what we do with free agency first. I'd love one of the top WR's but lets say we get Robinson in free agency. If that's the case then I'd be totally fine with trading down and taking Pitts. I'd still draft another WR but I could wait till the 2nd round for that unless Smith or Waddle drop enough for us to move back up. imagine an offense with Robinson, Pitts and either Smith or Waddle.
Robinson was my first choice but it looks like the Bears will probably franchise him. If they don’t and he does hit free agency, he will be looking to sign a contract that pays him in the neighborhood of $18-20 million a year. That is probably more than the Dolphins will want to pay for a WR. Especially when there are a number of WR’s available in the draft which will cost a lot less money.

Based on some reports, it looks like the top WR’s who are now listed as free agents will be franchised by their teams or will be asking for salaries which will make it hard for the Dolphins to sign them. The next few weeks should be interesting as teams announce the players they are going to franchise.

I like Pitts a lot, but picking him a number three screams homerism to me. Here's a more realistic question to me if both Pitts and Parsons both drop out of the top 12, who should we trade up to pick? That'd be a tough one for me but if lean toward Parsons, but be estatic either way.
He played for the Florida Gators and played high school football in Pennsylvania. Neither of those locations are within 300 miles of Miami. So I am not sure how drafting Pitts would classify as homerism.

Exactly. The whole all consuming fear of over drafting is trash. Get the guy you want as long as your pick is in the neighborhood. Sure, don't take Willaims at 18 if you are confident he'll be there at 36 but to take someone 3-5 picks early, what's the difference if your confidence level is where it should be. Pull the trigger, I'll take over drafting someone and get blue chip talent than to wait and keep getting the dregs so we can check some thermal box that makes us feel good about having used the pick wisely. Screw wisely. Let's get the best winners on the board.

I'm done with caution. Caution hasn't paid off for us. We need weapons and we need balls.
While this may make sense in the second round, or even the bottom of the first round... it misses the mark when said in regard to picks made early in the first round. The point chart that almost every single team in the NFL uses shows this quite clearly. The difference between #3 and #8 (you used 5 as your top example) generates 800 chart points, which equates to the 21st pick in the first round... which means you'd get two elite players, instead of one... and that's a BIG deal.

I could belabor the point and point out how many players underwhelm, or outright bust... but you know this, and if you refuse to see it... well, maybe someone else can.

Robinson was my first choice but it looks like the Bears will probably franchise him. If they don’t and he does hit free agency, he will be looking to sign a contract that pays him in the neighborhood of $18-20 million a year. That is probably more than the Dolphins will want to pay for a WR. Especially when there are a number of WR’s available in the draft which will cost a lot less money.

Based on some reports, it looks like the top WR’s who are now listed as free agents will be franchised by their teams or will be asking for salaries which will make it hard for the Dolphins to sign them. The next few weeks should be interesting as teams announce the players they are going to franchise.
Agreed... at this point, it looks as if all of the top WR FAs will be franchised... Thank God. This should keep us from mortgaging our future for one of these guys.

He played for the Florida Gators and played high school football in Pennsylvania. Neither of those locations are within 300 miles of Miami. So I am not sure how drafting Pitts would classify as homerism.
Florida Gator fans brother, there's plenty around here. I feel the same way about Smith and the Bama fans here as well. I don't like either one of Pitts or Smith at number 3 overall. I personally don't think anybody but quarterback is worth the top three pick in this draft, and I definitely don't want a quarterback because I like Tua as our future. I'm hoping we can trade back for sure. I guess I was a little harsh with the homerism comment I just have a hard time wrapping my head around picking a receiver or tight end with the number three pick.

Kyle Pitts is a generational talent that will not fall out of the top 10. Come combine time, he will rise up and have people on here backpedaling their takes. His route running is on Jerry Jeudy level. His catch radius is Deondre Hopkins like, and he did not have a drop this past season. Pitts literally went against Surtain who was arguably the best DB in college and gave him the beats. I don't want him or any receiver at 3 though. I'd like to see a trade back to no higher than 6 and grab him there.
That's a bit contradictory. If you truly believe he is a "generational" talent, why would you not draft him @3? Can't have it both ways, unless you have some alternate definition of generational (wow, has that become an overused term).

I would also point out, with 3 or 4 QBs, OT (maybe 2), corner (maybe 2), 3 WRs, who, in the top 10, do you see taking Pitts? I've seen some speculation of the Eagles, but they have way bigger needs. Given his position, and the teams that are actually doing the selecting, I don't see Pitts in the top 10, more likely in the area 15-20.

I could be wrong, but there is more to it than many suggest.

That's a bit contradictory. If you truly believe he is a "generational" talent, why would you not draft him @3? Can't have it both ways, unless you have some alternate definition of generational (wow, has that become an overused term).

I would also point out, with 3 or 4 QBs, OT (maybe 2), corner (maybe 2), 3 WRs, who, in the top 10, do you see taking Pitts? I've seen some speculation of the Eagles, but they have way bigger needs. Given his position, and the teams that are actually doing the selecting, I don't see Pitts in the top 10, more likely in the area 15-20.

I'm not a fan of drafting a TE early, or Pitts at all, as I feel we already have someone very similar, but I'll disagree with you here. I think Pitts may go in the top ten, ever though TEs don't generally go that high.
With the top WRs in this draft all being undersized, and with the media saturation of Kelce, I suspect that one of the GMs will convince himself that Pitts is the next big thing... I'm not saying that I agree, only that many GMs in the NFL are trend followers.

I like your logic. There should be a top WR available around #8-10. Maybe not Pitts, but one of the top 3.

Back
Top Bottom