Why not play Rosen? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not play Rosen?

I think he will play a lot very soon, but he most likely does not know the offense will enough just yet and that could get him killed behind this OL.

Poor guy goes from AZ’s god awful OL to this one..lol.

Teams draft or trade for players all the time that they see as more of a long term investment than someone who needs to play right now. Even if it's not until year three or four that Rosen looks like a solid starter he could still recoup the second round pick you traded. Or if Tua bombs or get injured you have a decent fall back option.

Teams draft or trade for players all the time that they see as more of a long term investment than someone who needs to play right now. Even if it's not until year three or four that Rosen looks like a solid starter he could still recoup the second round pick you traded. Or if Tua bombs or get injured you have a decent fall back option.

That is what you say to justify chasing a bad pick with your own.

Agree. I meant Giant fans are already whining about Daniel Jones not playing. Of course this spring they were whining about him being drafted. Complaining about Rosen not playing is similar to me. We got him for so little that I have no problem with the trade regardless if he starts or is our backup.

I'm just getting concerned. You play your young qb so he can get experience and have some level of success to build on. If you play Rosen in a season of 50-7 scores that will scar him for years to come. If this was his first year it wouldn't be wise, but following up his 2018 season with the title of starter on a 0-16 or 1-15 team and posting a sub 50.0 passer rating in year two won't build confidence. Even if Miami had Tua on this roster and with with the plan of losing as many games as it takes it wouldn't be a good situation for him.

Agree. I meant Giant fans are already whining about Daniel Jones not playing. Of course this spring they were whining about him being drafted. Complaining about Rosen not playing is similar to me. We got him for so little that I have no problem with the trade regardless if he starts or is our backup.
I’ve read people saying that since we acquired him. How is a second round pick of little value? You cannot tell me at the time of the trade that the dolphins didn’t have some hope of him being our future

I’ve read people saying that since we acquired him. How is a second round pick of little value? You cannot tell me at the time of the trade that the dolphins didn’t have some hope of him being our future

I never actually said they didnt have hope, though did I? We got a very young first round NFL pick for a second. That is why I said “so little”. It was a great value for us. I have no problem with it, specially since we have a stockpile of picks next year as it is.

I would be hesitant to start rosen but its going to happen.. Throwing him behind a subpar offensive line is my biggest concern.. We actually do have decent weapons at receiver for him to be successful.

To hell with it throw him out there, Because in the long term i never really viewed him as the answer but He needs his game reps so when we draft tua or whomever next season he will be a good bridge to let our QB get ready to play rather then being forced to throw him out day 1.

I never actually said they didnt have hope, though did I? We got a very young first round NFL pick for a second. That is why I said “so little”. It was a great value for us. I have no problem with it, specially since we have a stockpile of picks next year as it is.
OK I see what you’re saying by little value. The other part really wasn’t meant for you but for everyone out there saying we will draft a quarterback no matter Rosen’s Performance.

We can’t play Rosen. He will be killed physically and/mentally with our OL.
Sorry for Fitz, but he is sacrifice lamb

Watching Baker Mayfield with time he doesn't look any better the Rosen.

We need to give Rosen the rest of this year and next to see what we really have

We can’t play Rosen. He will be killed physically and/mentally with our OL.
Sorry for Fitz, but he is sacrifice lamb

What are we going to protect Rosen for? If he doesn't prove himself by week 17 we're gonna draft a QB. He has to play at some point, and soon.

Back
Top Bottom