Why the 49ers Should Emulate Mike McDaniel's Approach to Free Agency | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the 49ers Should Emulate Mike McDaniel's Approach to Free Agency

What this tells me is as has been reported that Grier works very closely with his head coach to get him the players he wants for the team.

It's obvious that Flores approach compared to McDaniel's is night and day.
its been said numerous times already that if Flores was still here that the Hill deal would not have happened. I get that, but I also believe that we wouldn’t have had the incredible offseason before the Hill deal either if Flores was still here. He was an insufferable prick

Last edited:
its been said numerous times already that if Flores was still here that the Hunt deal would not have happened. I get that, but I also believe that we wouldn’t have had the incredible offseason before the Hunt deal either if Flores was still here. He was an insufferable prick.
Hunt deal?

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Well it’s very widely reported that Grier wanted Johnathan Taylor but Flores in his wisdom pounded the table for Noah Igbo. Nobody can really **** on Grier anymore
The ones that did, didn’t really know what they’re talking about to begin with.

What this tells me is as has been reported that Grier works very closely with his head coach to get him the players he wants for the team.

Certainly, on offense this is the case. Flores had no problem spending big money on his cornerbacks.

Well it’s very widely reported that Grier wanted Johnathan Taylor but Flores in his wisdom pounded the table for Noah Igbo. Nobody can really **** on Grier anymore
I just don't believe this at all. I can see Flores wanting Iggy, but Miami still had a chance to draft Taylor in the second round and they selected Robert Hunt instead. If Grier wanted Taylor so badly, he had another chance to take him and passed.

Last edited:

I wish we would stop talking **** about a coach that was offered money to lose (allegedly).

Like/hate Flores, I don’t give a f@ck about your-the general “your” not andyahs specifically- about your opinion.

The only FACT I care about is that a team under his reign made a playoff push for 2 seasons when we had NO EARTHLY BUSINESS doing so. Our defense shot up by leaps and bounds.

Did he royally f@ck up some ****?Absolutely. Hell, Shula costed us a 1st round pick for the tampering in his coming from Baltimore. No coach is perfect.

Do I have a bias? Yes. I liked the guy. Do I agree with his lawsuit? If it’s true he was offered money to lose then damn right I do. Do I dislike him because of said lawsuit? Of course I do.

Flores was a stout coach that just couldn’t find his way out of an offensive funk t-shirt and I think he was clueless on how to do so. But that’s why you higher people and let them do their job. When you f@ck up at work, was it on you or on the company/HR/boss for hiring you?

its been said numerous times already that if Flores was still here that the Hill deal would not have happened. I get that, but I also believe that we wouldn’t have had the incredible offseason before the Hill deal either if Flores was still here. He was an insufferable prick
Wish you would’ve told us you knew the guy personally. Some photos would’ve been nice.

I wish we would stop talking **** about a coach that was offered money to lose (allegedly).

Like/hate Flores, I don’t give a f@ck about your-the general “your” not andyahs specifically- about your opinion.
Yet you responded. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom