Why the 49ers Should Emulate Mike McDaniel's Approach to Free Agency | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the 49ers Should Emulate Mike McDaniel's Approach to Free Agency

Wish you would’ve told us you knew the guy personally. Some photos would’ve been nice.
Your post is dumb, please explain your reasoning behind it. I never said anything about knowing anyone, I said “it’s been said”
Did you ever graduate the 8th grade?

I wish we would stop talking **** about a coach that was offered money to lose (allegedly).

Like/hate Flores, I don’t give a f@ck about your-the general “your” not andyahs specifically- about your opinion.

The only FACT I care about is that a team under his reign made a playoff push for 2 seasons when we had NO EARTHLY BUSINESS doing so. Our defense shot up by leaps and bounds.

Did he royally f@ck up some ****?Absolutely. Hell, Shula costed us a 1st round pick for the tampering in his coming from Baltimore. No coach is perfect.

Do I have a bias? Yes. I liked the guy. Do I agree with his lawsuit? If it’s true he was offered money to lose then damn right I do. Do I dislike him because of said lawsuit? Of course I do.

Flores was a stout coach that just couldn’t find his way out of an offensive funk t-shirt and I think he was clueless on how to do so. But that’s why you higher people and let them do their job. When you f@ck up at work, was it on you or on the company/HR/boss for hiring you?

funny you'd agree with flo's lawsuit. his allegations against Miami have nothing to do with the alleged motive of the lawsuit.

Man! This looks so good for us now with McDaniel; even just to see that, overnight it seems, somebody is talking about "be like the Dolphins." Are you kidding me? When wa the last time that happened? Feels like further conformation we are headed in the right direction.

Well, ultimately Grier makes the picks and acquisitions.

But the FA thus season is just completely diferrent than any season with Flores.

Even 2 years ago when we had like 100 million. The only true acquisition was Jones.

Never cared for Van noy, Flowers etc.

The last 2 offseasons were a "WTF is going in. Whatever I trust these guys" lol.

This season, after crying and whining, right before getting Armstead I started getting it and seeing it.

If Grier is sincere and he truly gets the guys his coach wants.... McDaniels just gets it.

Totally diferrent feeling.

I can wait to see how this guy drafts. Is there someone in round 2 or 1 that he really wants Grier to get. Or does he believe he can get his guys at 102 and later.
2020 FA had plenty of busts, but how u gonna talk about it and not mention signing Ogbah for only 7.5 mill

You need the salary cap available to do it lol
Exactly and that’s where you have to give Grier the credit. He created the cap situation with his moves in recent years and Grier and McDaniel have worked together to upgrade the team and specifically the offense by using that cap space wisely since Grier hired McDaniel.

McD wants a track team to go with a very accurate qb.

You cant double Waddle or Hill, having that kind off speed from both starting wrs has never been done before, were talking Olympic speed and 2 guys that can't be covered by M2M coverage.

Wanna play 2H all game? Then the running game will hit you for 6 yards a pop, add a safety to the box? Then Waddle and Hill destroy your poor not as fast secondary. Not to mention Mike G in the seam.

Exciting times ahead.
I hope you're right. I'm in believe it when I see it more after these last 2 decades

Yes, with all the success McDaniels has had compared to the 49ers.. they should emulate him.. not the other way around. Surely not. I mean, McDaniel has never lost a game in the NFL as a head coach.
Obviously we all are very aware that McDaniel has never won or lost a game as an NFL head coach.

The OP was just posting comments from someone who follows the 49ers and that 49ers fan was the individual praising McDaniel for what he has seen the Dolphins do in free agency so far.

Of course that doesn’t mean anything until the team plays next season and we see how McDaniel and the team perform. Yet the Dolphins went into the off season needing to severely upgrade the OL and the skill position players on the offense. At this time it appears they have done just that.

So there is no reason to be negative about the Dolphins off season moves at this time. There will be plenty of time to blast them if these moves don’t work out but for now, I choose to enjoy the fact the Dolphins appear to have vastly upgraded this team with the moves they have made so far.

Last edited:
Well it’s very widely reported that Grier wanted Johnathan Taylor but Flores in his wisdom pounded the table for Noah Igbo. Nobody can really **** on Grier anymore

I just don't believe this at all. I can see Flores wanting Iggy, but Miami still had a chance to draft Taylor in the second round and they selected Robert Hunt instead. If Grier wanted Taylor so badly, he had another chance to take him and passed.

Anyone care to address? If they wanted Taylor, they had their chance as Rickd mentions.

The flaw with this article is comparing what "McDaniel" did in first year in Miami with what San Francisco is doing.

Miami's plans were in motion regardless of McDaniel. We've been planning for 3 years for this off season. Most franchises can't do what we did this off season because it takes years of prep.

The flaw with this article is comparing what "McDaniel" did in first year in Miami with what San Francisco is doing.

Miami's plans were in motion regardless of McDaniel. We've been planning for 3 years for this off season. Most franchises can't do what we did this off season because it takes years of prep.
Agree but you know this off-season would have gone completely different with Flores.

The approach McDaniel has brought is refreshing. I think his point was SF has done little this year in FA but they do have a good team.

Back
Top Bottom