Why the Dolphins will win the division | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins will win the division

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Because they were clearly the best team in the division (in the whole AFC in fact) until the injuries hit. They will be better on offense and defense this year. I honestly don't think any of the other teams did enough to close the gap. At full strength Miami is the best team, period.

I challenge anyone to pick a team that could lose their starting QB and both WRs and not suffer as a result. Couple that with outrageously bad play by the backup QB and you get disaster. Despite all of that, Miami finished tied for the best record in the division.

That being said, we are paper thin at tackle and the team psyche is fragile. Miami does have weaknesses, but so does everyone else.

Because the teams are fairly close, it will come down to who has the best luck and the most depth.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo
Because they were clearly the best team in the division (in the whole AFC in fact) until the injuries hit. They will be better on offense and defense this year. I honestly don't think any of the other teams did enough to close the gap. At full strength Miami is the best team, period.

I challenge anyone to pick a team that could lose their starting QB and both WRs and not suffer as a result. Couple that with outrageously bad play by the backup QB and you get disaster. Despite all of that, Miami finished tied for the best record in the division.

That being said, we are paper thin at tackle and the team psyche is fragile. Miami does have weaknesses, but so does everyone else.

Because the teams are fairly close, it will come down to who has the best luck and the most depth.

:beerbang:

How do you deal with Buffalo man? Heh.

If any other team would have lost their QB and WR core they'd be sitting at 6-10 probably.

9-5, #1 in the AFC, with 2 very winnable games left, and everyone healthy...you choked, get over it...and look at your December sched, you'll do it again

It will come down to injuries this year like every other years.

The team with the least injuries will win it. So far the Jets and Dolphins are the most affected...

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
How do you deal with Buffalo man? Heh.

Been a Fins fan for over 30 years. Went through Junior High School as a Dolphin fan. Nothing makes you tougher than that :-)

The only thing I can't stand is the local sports media being utterly idiotic.

Been a Fins fan for over 30 years. Went through Junior High School as a Dolphin fan. Nothing makes you tougher than that :-)

The only thing I can't stand is the local sports media being utterly idiotic.

If it makes you feel any better, the local sports media down here is equally, if not more idiotic...Joe rose, for example, is a complete clod:lol:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
9-5, #1 in the AFC, with 2 very winnable games left, and everyone healthy...you choked, get over it...and look at your December sched, you'll do it again

The Dolphins have the rep for choking in December because they are the only team in the league that plays meaningful games every Dec.

Q. What is the Bills record in Dec the last two years?
A. Who cares, they were already out of it!

Don't bother looking at your Dec schedule it won't matter.

It always amuses me when Bills fans talk about the Fins choking. Like somehow choking in January is okay.

The Dolphins have the rep for choking in December because they are the only team in the league that plays meaningful games every Dec.

Q. What is the Bills record in Dec the last two years?
A. Who cares, they were already out of it!

Don't bother looking at your Dec schedule it won't matter.

It always amuses me when Bills fans talk about the Fins choking. Like somehow choking in January is okay.

oh yeah, take a glance at your december sched...it's alot harder than last years:lol:

The only thing that weighs against the dolphins are the intangibles... "Choking", "December Swoon", "Streaks" thats all mental BS.. It all boils down to if they are tough enough mentally to not falll into this self-fullfilling profecy.... Jason Taylor has spoken of this very thing...

Pound for pound the Dolphins have the most talent in the league... If they can keep from defeating themselves, no one else can match up.

Basically the people that argue that the Dolphins are not AFC East favorites are the ones who think that the Phins can't get over that mind-f#ck that is the December Swoon...

Nothing lasts forever...

The Dolphins don't choke in December. In december 2001 they had a 3-2 record in december. Last year they had a 2-2 record in december. All four of the December losses in the last two years were on the road.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
no one else can matchup?...the Bucs would beat your asses into the ground

OK I'll give you the Bucs probably match-up close talent wise... But to say they would beat us into the ground is just plain division rival spite on your part...

Originally posted by 13isgr81
The only thing that weights against the dolphins are the intangibles... "Choking", "December Swoon", "Streaks" thats all mental BS.. It all boils down to if they are tough enough mentally to not falll into this self-fullfilling profecy.... Jason Taylor has spoken of this very thing...

Pound for pound the Dolphins have the most talent in the league... If they can keep from defeating themselves, no one else can match up.

Basically the people that argue that the Dolphins are not AFC East favorites are the ones who think that the Phins can't get over that mind-f#ck that is the December Swoon...

Nothing lasts forever...

And that's basically all it is, a mind thing, they're the same team that plays in Sept, Oct, Nov. then the media and everyone else starts talking about the Dec. thing and the player bite, they try harder, if they see something go wrong, they lower their heads and it's over. Hopefully the new additions will remind them, it doesn't have to be that way. But more so, hopefully they listen.

Originally posted by Sherif
The Dolphins don't choke in December. In december 2001 they had a 3-2 record in december. Last year they had a 2-2 record in december. All four of the December losses in the last two years were on the road.

and good teams win on the road in December...so don't put yourselves into an elite class till you prove you can

Back
Top Bottom