Why the Dolphins will win the division | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins will win the division

The Bucs? We'd have to actually play them in a real game. I'm not quite afraid of the Bucs. The way you beat the Bucs is to run on them. It's not easy to do, but I dont believe there is a team in the league more qualified in doing that then us.

Our D would righteously fark up their offense. Pittman and Jones and Alstott as running backs? Hahahaha.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
no one else can matchup?...the Bucs would beat your asses into the ground

CW, the buc's may or maynot beat us. We don't know that, just like you don't know that. But if I'm correctly, the original poster was talking about this division. and he didn't give us a pass. He stated circumstances and all, which mean we can still lose the division. Forget all that other garbage you're talking about, stay within the division. How do you see it playing out?

Originally posted by Sherif
The Dolphins don't choke in December. In december 2001 they had a 3-2 record in december. Last year they had a 2-2 record in december. All four of the December losses in the last two years were on the road.

Excellent point. I believe the Fins problem is winning on the road. They were 2-6 last year. The December thing is bogus. It doesn't matter when you lose. They need to play better on the road.

I think Wanny & Co. will play more aggressively on the road this year. If not, we'll be complaining about different coaches next year.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
The Bucs? We'd have to actually play them in a real game. I'm not quite afraid of the Bucs. The way you beat the Bucs is to run on them. It's not easy to do, but I dont believe there is a team in the league more qualified in doing that then us.

Our D would righteously fark up their offense. Pittman and Jones and Alstott as running backs? Hahahaha.

Simeon Rice on either of your OT's?...good night Jay:lol:

honestly, I now see the Pats winning the division...they always get the most out of what they have, and now they have a lot..and don't give me that no-running game bs...they have the same personnel for rushing as they did in 01...this team is scary

and good teams win on the road in December...so don't put yourselves into an elite class till you prove you can

The Dolphins are a good team but I never said they are an elite team. I agree they have to win agasint the Division in December. I belive if they do this year they will get a bye and an inside track to the SB. The Bills are a long way off. Any team that allows as many points as they do at home is years away from competing. The first thing required to be a contender is home dominance and the Bills don't even have that.

We choked true and should have won at least one of those games and didn't but at the same time, though all the starters were back in with a couple of exceptions it wasn't really the same team. The hole Lucas put the fins in made them a very nervous team, and not in a good way. Good nerves gets the adrenaline going and looks for success, the nerves that the fins had was fear of failure they had been coasting along and now were very easily on the verge of been knocked out and that made them a tight, uncohesive team, Fiedler was healthy but not 100%, there was no rythmn with his WRs due to his absence, Chambers was still walking on egg shells, his favourite 1st down needed target was out (OG), the play calling was pretty conservative, they were scared of failing and that is what did them in at the end.

In stark contrast were the Jets and even the PATS the year before, both had bad early streaks, were pretty much written off and had a lot less pressure on them cause if they failed well that is what they were supposed to do and they had that underdog mentality of the world against them and lets prove everyone wrong and to their credit they did.

Our division has no Patsies (no pun intended!) We are all capable of winning it and even the Jets without everyone have a way of pissing me off and surprising everyone. There is no one team to beat as quite frankly every team in this division is quite capable of beating each other on any given sunday.

honestly, I now see the Pats winning the division...they always get the most out of what they have, and now they have a lot..and don't give me that no-running game bs...they have the same personnel for rushing as they did in 01...this team is scary

That's more like it. I can deal with that. Did you see their game against the skins, they weren't as sharp and of course the skins didn't game plan for their D. I think Miami proved that you can be affective against a 3-4 D. Atlanta, imo has as much depth and skill people as the Pat's D. But in this Divison the Pats are scary, but so is the jets, they have a clip on their shoulder and I think they will play beyond themselfs again..This makes a team dangerous. the only way their not in the race is if they lose 4 games in a row. Then they may not believe anymore..But as long as they think they can, they might, especially if everyone takes them for granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey finfaninbuf, I'm with ya man.....I wasn't in school during the jills run at the superbowl....but I still had to live close by (Rochester, NY) and my boss had a suite at the stadium that we have to bring clients too........and which btw i've been locked out of when the bills were losing and I was cheering!!!!!

Anyways.......attitude gentlemen........we have the team.......its time to get mean....time to step on some people......act like we own them.....our guys need to just scrap with anyone who just looks like they might not be respecting us! whether its with fiedler or griese or sage.....who cares......."take each game and TAKES SOME NAMES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........phew.......whens the coin toss!

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

I challenge anyone to pick a team that could lose their starting QB and both WRs and not suffer as a result. Couple that with outrageously bad play by the backup QB and you get disaster. Despite all of that, Miami finished tied for the best record in the division.

Bucs, Champs. wr's? hwat wr's do the bucs have? They still won w/ their D.

Eagles, played with their 3rd string. A mark of a true champion is being able to overcome injuries and make the right decisions when it does happen. Your coaches are part of the team and they made stupid decisions with Lucas.

Griese hasn't shown he's any better than Lucas either. As a bills fan looking in, I'd say Sage would be a better option than Griese. I doubt your coaching staff would start Sage over a healthy Griese.

Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

Originally posted by justafan

Eagles, played with their 3rd string. A mark of a true champion is being able to overcome injuries and make the right decisions when it does happen. Your coaches are part of the team and they made stupid decisions with Lucas.

Griese hasn't shown he's any better than Lucas either. As a bills fan looking in, I'd say Sage would be a better option than Griese. I doubt your coaching staff would start Sage over a healthy Griese.

I agree with the first part, but I disgree with the Greise statement, while I'm not a Griese fan, he was showing signs coming around and starting to make plays in this O. Like the scramble and finding a receiver for a 1st down, that got called back. I think you may want to keep a eye after he returns, on him. If nothing else, his game experience will help him out, and Sage hasn't looked bad himself. I think we're farther alone in depth than we were last year, except for LB and OL.

Sorry, MD Lucas looked way better than Griese did during preseason. :D

Don't get me wrong, those reasons why the fins could win the div. in the original topic are valid (just like I could come up w/ reason wht the bills could win it too) , but when used for last years breakdown, they are nothing but excuses.

Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

Eagles, played with their 3rd string.

And your point is???? The Bucs did not lose their starting QB or WRs and won the SB. The Eagles lost their QB but not both WRs and didn't win the SB.

Thanks for making my point for me.

I agree that the coaching staff gets the bulk of the blame for over estimating Lucas, but my original point remains... Miami was the best team at full strength.

I believe they will be again.

Sorry, MD Lucas looked way better than Griese did during preseason. :D

That's why I think we're farther along, the people who look ugly in preseason usually do well doing the reguar season, that's why I told Wys you guys would have a good season..:D

Back
Top Bottom