Why the Dolphins will win the division | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins will win the division

I can care less who the best team is but if your talent is slightly less than another team that can't bare injuries then that team will win not the talented team. Look at the rams they didnt make the playoffs because they coudln't bare injuries. The end of this thread!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Actually we bought in 4 D vets, 2 of which played in the last 2 SB's. And they're both playing positions that could have an impact on our year. Actually one had a impact on us last when he kept Chambers from catching a pass in the NE game in the end when it mattered. Now that's a December impact player.
is Buckley ahead of fletcher on the depth chart?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

look at your December schedule this year:D

you brought in 2 defensive veterans whose previous teams choked worse than you guys in December the last 2 years

Good point, except for one thing.....New Orleans and San Diego had terrible defenses, and one player doesn't make a defense. Knight and Seau were added for big plays and fiery leadership. All this discussion is fun and entertaining, but nothing can be settled until the season begins. Personally, I think the Dolphins have the most talent top to bottom, but paper doesn't mean much. I can see the Patriots, Bills and Dolphins finishing in any order 1-3 in the division.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

Good point, except for one thing.....New Orleans and San Diego had terrible defenses, and one player doesn't make a defense. Knight and Seau were added for big plays and fiery leadership. All this discussion is fun and entertaining, but nothing can be settled until the season begins. Personally, I think the Dolphins have the most talent top to bottom, but paper doesn't mean much. I can see the Patriots, Bills and Dolphins finishing in any order 1-3 in the division.
very true;)

look at your December schedule this year:D

you brought in 2 defensive veterans whose previous teams choked worse than you guys in December the last 2 years

Circling, that arguement is as old as the Bills losing 4 straight superbowls.

Tampa Bay was 10-6 in 2000, 9-7 in 2001 and then won the superbowl last year, what major upgrades did they do? A coach?

What about the Rams, Baltimore, blah blah blah....

The point I am making, is that as your bills improved by 5 games last year, any team can do it.

I see the December schedule, will this be the same team as last year? If so, we won't have to worry about December.

LOL, and the two vets that were brought in, do not win games on thier own.

So again.... :lastyr:

Originally posted by 13isgr81
The only thing that weighs against the dolphins are the intangibles... "Choking", "December Swoon", "Streaks" thats all mental BS.. It all boils down to if they are tough enough mentally to not falll into this self-fullfilling profecy.... Jason Taylor has spoken of this very thing...

Pound for pound the Dolphins have the most talent in the league... If they can keep from defeating themselves, no one else can match up.

Basically the people that argue that the Dolphins are not AFC East favorites are the ones who think that the Phins can't get over that mind-f#ck that is the December Swoon...

Nothing lasts forever...

...Except for the Bills winless streak in Super Bowl Games. The Vikings will win one before Buffalo, and even that is not likely to happen soon.

Originally posted by Emskirch

Circling, that arguement is as old as the Bills losing 4 straight superbowls.

Tampa Bay was 10-6 in 2000, 9-7 in 2001 and then won the superbowl last year, what major upgrades did they do? A coach?

What about the Rams, Baltimore, blah blah blah....

The point I am making, is that as your bills improved by 5 games last year, any team can do it.

I see the December schedule, will this be the same team as last year? If so, we won't have to worry about December.

LOL, and the two vets that were brought in, do not win games on thier own.

So again.... :lastyr:

one difference...Tampa Bay went from 10-6 to 9-7, but made the playoffs both times...and if you remember...that last regular season game a couple years ago between the eagles and Bucs was a useless game, so they couldve finished 10-6 and it would've meant the same.

true, individuals do not win games on their own....nor do they lose them like some here think(Ray Lucas)

Originally posted by DallasDolfan

...Except for the Bills winless streak in Super Bowl Games. The Vikings will win one before Buffalo, and even that is not likely to happen soon.

this folks, is what we call an "opinion"

broncos were 0-4 in superbowls too...remember?..and those 4 SB losses were worse than the Bills ones

one difference...Tampa Bay went from 10-6 to 9-7, but made the playoffs both times...and if you remember...that last regular season game a couple years ago between the eagles and Bucs was a useless game, so they couldve finished 10-6 and it would've meant the same.

true, individuals do not win games on their own....nor do they lose them like some here think(Ray Lucas)

Lucas didn't lose the game in Minny or NE. I do think that injury disrupted the offense, and then never was the same, but I believe that to be Norv's fault for not being aggressive in either one of those two games.

Excuses get you no where, see, its a new year... All 4 teams in the AFC East can win it. Now if we could get these teams together and schedule a year for each of us, then we wouldn't have to beat the crap out of each other every year.

Don't even try to compare a QB to a Safety or LB.

A QB handles the ball every down. Yes, QB's lose and win games for you.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Don't even try to compare a QB to a Safety or LB.

A QB handles the ball every down. Yes, QB's lose and win games for you.
and give up 70 yard bombs and let running backs rush for 132 and 151 yards?:tongue:

Lucas didn't lose the game in Minny or NE. I do think that injury disrupted the offense, and then never was the same, but I believe that to be Norv's fault for not being aggressive in either one of those two games.

Excuses get you no where, see, its a new year... All 4 teams in the AFC East can win it. Now if we could get these teams together and schedule a year for each of us, then we wouldn't have to beat the crap out of each other every year.

true...can't wait...how many days now?

Sorry, but Norv did not lose either of those games. Against Minn the offense scored every time they had the ball in the second half. Only a drop by Cris Carter stopped it from being 3 TDs. The defense could not stop Minn. They lost the game.

Against NE, he was aggressive when he called three pass plays against NE's stacked defensive front. The players failed to make the plays when the game was on the line. And he took a bunch of criticism for it.

How can a coach take the blame for a veteran player (Travis Minor) who fails to field a kickoff? or a punter who shanks a punt, or a Kicker who kicks a kickoff out of bounds? or a defense to not make a play when it is needed most. Fact is the players choked in the last five minutes. I'll admit that (even to the Bills fans).

The injuries they suffered put them in the position to fail. No single loss counts any more than any other. The 4 loses with Lucas under center didn't completely cost the season, but they did eliminate any margin of error and put an enormous amount of pressure on the team.

and give up 70 yard bombs and let running backs rush for 132 and 151 yards?:tongue:

You know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom