Why the Dolphins will win the division | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins will win the division

Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

And your point is???? The Bucs did not lose their starting QB or WRs and won the SB. The Eagles lost their QB but not both WRs and didn't win the SB.

Thanks for making my point for me.

I agree that the coaching staff gets the bulk of the blame for over estimating Lucas, but my original point remains... Miami was the best team at full strength.

I believe they will be again.

Miami was the best team at full strength? Fair enough, however the bills and the Pats have gotten better to catch up with the fins don't you think? I know, I know, on paper. But for arguments sake, the Bills at full strength can know match up with the fins at full strength granted that it all remains to be seen.

This should be a good year, if we're all at full strenght. Can't wait, but does it ever really play out that way? ol well let the excuses flow..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

That's why I think we're farther along, the people who look ugly in preseason usually do well doing the reguar season, that's why I told Wys you guys would have a good season..:D

But you keep blasting Sam Adams. :D Does this mean he'll pull a Bruce Smith type of performance. No where to be seen at preseason and great regular season? I agree then :D

Originally posted by justafan

But you keep blasting Sam Adams. :D Does this mean he'll pull a Bruce Smith type of performance. No where to be seen at preseason and great regular season? I agree then :D

It means what it always means, he'll have a good 6-8 games, then conditioning catches up, and he'll fade the last 8 games like he always do. But that won't stop your team from having a good year, just means you won't be as effective in the run department the 2nd part of the year. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

Miami was the best team at full strength? Fair enough, however the bills and the Pats have gotten better to catch up with the fins don't you think? I know, I know, on paper. But for arguments sake, the Bills at full strength can know match up with the fins at full strength granted that it all remains to be seen.

I don't believe the Bills or the Pats have closed the gap. I don't think the gap is large, but I still believe the Dolphins are the favorite to win the Division.

IMO:

The Bills defense is improved but still not good enough and their offense will not be as good as it was during the first half of last year (but not as bad as the second half).

I don't think the media in Buffalo has paid enough attention to the fact that the Bill's offense struggled for half of the season. Teams figured out Gilbride and he could not adjust. I spent half of last year laughing at every press conference when the coaches used the same excuse week after week - "well they played a cover-2 and we could get the ball down the field..." EVERY WEEK.

Isn't everyone forgetting that the Pats were 9-7 also? I think they improve to 10-6 and the Fins finish at 11-5.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

I don't believe the Bills or the Pats have closed the gap. I don't think the gap is large, but I still believe the Dolphins are the favorite to win the Division.

IMO:

The Bills defense is improved but still not good enough and their offense will not be as good as it was during the first half of last year (but not as bad as the second half).

I don't think the media in Buffalo has paid enough attention to the fact that the Bill's offense struggled for half of the season. Teams figured out Gilbride and he could not adjust. I spent half of last year laughing at every press conference when the coaches used the same excuse week after week - "well they played a cover-2 and we could get the ball down the field..." EVERY WEEK.

Isn't everyone forgetting that the Pats were 9-7 also? I think they improve to 10-6 and the Fins finish at 11-5.

You've must've been watching media from some other part of the country then. everyone been talking about running the ball more and the bills themselves have said it. Whether it will happen or not, we'll wait and see. This however proves that the bills are adjusting. We've been running the ball very well so far even against 1st D's.

I understand it's only your opinion. You're neither wrong nor right.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

You've must've been watching media from some other part of the country then. everyone been talking about running the ball more and the bills themselves have said it. Whether it will happen or not, we'll wait and see. This however proves that the bills are adjusting. We've been running the ball very well so far even against 1st D's.

The media's only complaint was they weren't running enough. They did not menton enough that Gilbride could not come up with a passing attack against a simple defensive scheme.

In the last preseason game Bledsoe threw 29 passes in a little over a half! Henry and Gary combined for 7 carries!

Doesn't that sound familiar? This proves that the Bills are adjusting???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

The media's only complaint was they weren't running enough. They did not menton enough that Gilbride could not come up with a passing attack against a simple defensive scheme.

In the last preseason game Bledsoe threw 29 passes in a little over a half! Henry and Gary combined for 7 carries!

Doesn't that sound familiar? This proves that the Bills are adjusting???

We've been running better than throwing the games prior to the Rams games. They wanted to get more action in the passing game. Once again , you missed reading the right media. The reason for throwing more against the Rams was posted at billszone. Moulds and Drew wanted more action at preseason and they wanted the pass protection to step up which they did.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

Once again , you missed reading the right media. The reason for throwing more against the Rams was posted at billszone.

Since when does the BillsZone qualify as the media?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why the Dolphins will win the division

Since when does the BillsZone qualify as the media?

It's the "Right Media". :lol:

Because they were clearly the best team in the division (in the whole AFC in fact) until the injuries hit.

Are you talking about the injuries in preseason?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
9-5, #1 in the AFC, with 2 very winnable games left, and everyone healthy...you choked, get over it...and look at your December sched, you'll do it again

:lastyr:

Originally posted by Emskirch

:lastyr:
look at your December schedule this year:D

you brought in 2 defensive veterans whose previous teams choked worse than you guys in December the last 2 years

you brought in 2 defensive veterans whose previous teams choked worse than you guys in December the last 2 years

Actually we bought in 4 D vets, 2 of which played in the last 2 SB's. And they're both playing positions that could have an impact on our year. Actually one had a impact on us last when he kept Chambers from catching a pass in the NE game in the end when it mattered. Now that's a December impact player.

And that's their faults? They're both on a better defense now.

Back
Top Bottom