Why Tua can become our Franchise QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tua can become our Franchise QB

Cliff notes?

The guy lost me when he said he just feels like Tua’s hip will be stronger.

I think Tua really is an NFL Franchise QB.

Look how much he has done with so little offensive support by the OL and the OC carousel he had to deal with. I believe he is now fully healed and has had time to re-develop his strength after healing. I see the Offense improving this year for 6 reasons:

1) New HC who likes a running game
2) New OC who is not looking for a replacement QB
3) Better offensive game calling by the new coaching staff
4) Some OL Vets that should make a considerable improvement over what we had
5) More and better running backs including our using a FB who can run, catch & block
6) More and better receivers who can also make this the fastest receiver group in the NFL

What is there not to like about all this new capability?

I believe we are gonna see a much better Tua with these new coaches and latest team additions. I worry more about injuries as I would with any Qaurter back. And nothing is guaranteed on that.
But at the same time QBs shouldn't get hurt that often. Brady has played 40 years and only been hurt one time.

But at the same time QBs shouldn't get hurt that often. Brady has played 40 years and only been hurt one time.
Very true. Marino was as great as he was in great part because he was on the field with minor injuries (of course, the achilles tendon was a one off situation like Brady and his knee in 2008).

I think Tua can be a serviceable, and potentially great QB if he can overcome 2 major weaknesses:
1. Injury Frequency
2. Inability to Play Well When the Temperature Goes Below 50 Degrees

True but Brady has allways been surrounded by a awesome offensive line. Yep he's durable but he had some help. And we were just plain out helpless in that department the last few seasons.

Tannehill was pretty tough but look how injuries derailed him when he was with us and compare it to him being with the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom