Why Tua can become our Franchise QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tua can become our Franchise QB

He’s right on one thing, whoever made the call to start him in his rookie year was a ****ing moron and should be no where near a football team.
I recall being in a small minority on finheaven saying Tua should not play at all his rookie year.

Most posters were calling for Tua to either start week 1 or game 7 following the bye week.

There was a lot of hatred spewed toward Fitzpatrick by posters for not being happy when he got benched.

To your point, it was a terrible call to play Tua in 2020. Less than 11 months after a horrendous hip injury, Fitz was clearly the leader of the 2020 team, Miami’s offense was averaging 29.8ppg on offense the previous 5, and had won 3 of the previous 4 games.

I recall being in a small minority on finheaven saying Tua should not play at all his rookie year.

Most posters were calling for Tua to either start week 1 or game 7 following the bye week.

There was a lot of hatred spewed toward Fitzpatrick by posters for not being happy when he got benched.

To your point, it was a terrible call to play Tua in 2020. Less than 11 months after a horrendous hip injury, Fitz was clearly the leader of the 2020 team, Miami’s offense was averaging 29.8ppg on offense the previous 5, and had won 3 of the previous 4 games.
I would put those folks in the same boat as the person who made the call to start him considering the context you mentioned, plus many other variables.

I don't care about reasons this or that anymore.

I've been a critic but at this point he has enough around him for any reasonable person to think his performance this year should tell us one way or another.

Despite being a critic, I'd rather he succeed than me be right. It's better to have our picks next year than have to use them on another QB who may or may not succeed.

This would be a blessing if he becomes the qb this franchise has needed.

As of now I am not sold on what I've seen from him~ although I Am fully aware of the circumstances and the many obstacles he's had to overcome. So respect for the guy having to endure so much adversity and hopefully this will translate to success now that he's wiser, healthier and receiving open support from his coaches and teammates.

Of course we are rooting for the guy to show out this season ~ proving the skeptics wrong, including myself! We shall see...

The primary concern I have with him is his mental processing...

It’s not certain that AJ will be the RT. You gotta believe or rather hope that with this coaching staff if AJ is the RT it’s because he’s our best option, in a good way, there.

Agree.

I have more faith in the current offensive staff than in what seems lkike forever

p.s. My gut is telling me that Eichenberg may the best man for the job.

Even if we get below average RT play it won't matter if the rest of the line is good.

You can scheme effectively around a weak point on the line. Just can't do it when the entire line is thebweak point.

Even if we get below average RT play it won't matter if the rest of the line is good.

You can scheme effectively around a weak point on the line. Just can't do it when the entire line is thebweak point.
You can, but it isn't the optimum situation. Average is acceptable. I don't want below average anywhere.

You can, but it isn't the optimum situation. Average is acceptable. I don't want below average anywhere.

Sure, but I think things are rarely ever optimal. There are probably less than 10 OL who go five deep but you can't tell because coordinators know the weak points and hide them.

As long as it's not abysmal play I think we will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom