Why Tua can become our Franchise QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Tua can become our Franchise QB

- Mentally strong.
- Elite accuracy.
- Terrific pocket presence.
- Winner mentality.
I would add
-Elite release

When you combine an elite release with elite accuracy, it's very hard to defend. We've all heard the phrase, "there's no defense for a perfect pass". Reality is that a QB with elite accuracy will throw a larger percentage of perfect passes. The way you stop that is either by getting to the QB before he can throw it or confusing him so he hesitates on his throw or throws it to the wrong place. The elite release negates many of the getting to him before he throws it options (the terrific pocket presence helps too). That means that the only way to defend him is to confuse him. That's why I have repeatedly stated that Tua can be a great QB if he can become elite at reading defenses.

I believe Tua will be our franchise QB , but never will be Elite. I believe he is a Top 12 to 15 QB.

We want a high-level franchise QB so bad don't we? We all know what that brings to a team...so why wouldn't we?

The more we want it, the more we hold optimism for a guy that shows flashes of it. We may even be higher on him than we should be. It's just been so long and the road has been rough...we need some light in that tunnel.

It's really unfortunate he had that hip injury his last year in college. Without that injury, Tua was my personal preference, hands down. With the injury, I was up in the air between he and Herbert. Herbert has been healthy and hasn't had the same situation Tua has, and he is thriving.

Points made about the lasting effects of the injury limiting Tua are valid, and if you watch closely, you can see it. I REALLY hope the hip, and the subsequent issues with mobility, flexibility, mechanics and confidence are mostly if not all the way gone...if not, we're in for a long season. Besides his situation in 2020/2021, I think this is the biggest limiting factor for his game.

Stay healthy Tua!

We talk about injuries and missed games. You have to wonder if Tua would have missed fewer games under some coach not named Flores. There were times when Tua indicated he was ready to play and Flores kept him on the bench.

We talk about injuries and missed games. You have to wonder if Tua would have missed fewer games under some coach not named Flores. There were times when Tua indicated he was ready to play and Flores kept him on the bench.
I have to believe Flores was pretty much sabotaging the kid...too much smoke for there to be no fire.

I think Tua really is an NFL Franchise QB.

Look how much he has done with so little offensive support by the OL and the OC carousel he had to deal with. I believe he is now fully healed and has had time to re-develop his strength after healing. I see the Offense improving this year for 6 reasons:

1) New HC who likes a running game
2) New OC who is not looking for a replacement QB
3) Better offensive game calling by the new coaching staff
4) Some OL Vets that should make a considerable improvement over what we had
5) More and better running backs including our using a FB who can run, catch & block
6) More and better receivers who can also make this the fastest receiver group in the NFL

What is there not to like about all this new capability?

And a new HC who likes the QB and supports him

He’s right on one thing, whoever made the call to start him in his rookie year was a ****ing moron and should be no where near a football team.
I honestly feel like every single rookie QB should sit at least a year. Young, Rodgers, Brady, even Marino would have if not for injury.

I honestly feel like every single rookie QB should sit at least a year. Young, Rodgers, Brady, even Marino would have if not for injury.
Hmm, Young, Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes..all sat.

Back
Top Bottom