Why we dont need to draft a quarterback | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we dont need to draft a quarterback

I believe Quinn is worth trading up for.
Don't flame me ,just we need to look to the future.
The way we've been doing it is not working.

I'd be incredibly surprised if we drafted a QB in the first round this year. And by the way It wouldn't surprise me at all if Quinn is available at #9. I just think we'll pass and rightfully so.

I believe Quinn is worth trading up for.
Don't flame me ,just we need to look to the future.
The way we've been doing it is not working.

I'd consider trading up IF the deal was right. But there is no room for argument on who we take at 9 if he's there. None.

I'd consider trading up IF the deal was right. But there is no room for argument on who we take at 9 if he's there. None.

Yea,If Brady makes it past three,I'd do what it takes to
move up a few spots.

I'm still holding out hope that C Pepp is going to return to Pro Bowl form this year.

I'm hoping ,too...But we need to get prepared now,
for two or three years down the road (see P.Rivers)

I'm still holding out hope that C Pepp is going to return to Pro Bowl form this year.

I'd like to see that too, but I'll be damned if I wouldn't like being in the same position of the Chargers of a year ago. Two good quarterbacks are always better than one. Always.

I'll be rude on this. Since Shula drafted a young QB called Dan, this franchise have loved him and never explore the potential new comers as real options. Even it's been long since Marino's days ended, this team keeps dreaming on counting with the same kind of guy, so each draft we keep discounting every single young QB no matter their caliber. Each year is the same, we have "more important holes", "bigger needs", name it as you wish, but in football there's no bigger need than a good QB.
That "good QB" term is where it comes the real problem. Even some recent successful rookies like Big Ben, Vince Young or any other may impact on some decisions, the normal way to make a good QB is to draft a rookie and give him some time to grow and acquire some experience. This development process can be pointed at San Diego, Dallas and New England.
Nobody may ignore that, and drafting a guy like Brady Quinn may look smart, only if we gave the kid a normal development tracking, leaving him a backup role this season.

I'll be rude on this. Since Shula drafted a young QB called Dan, this franchise have loved him and never explore the potential new comers as real options. Even it's been long since Marino's days ended, this team keeps dreaming on counting with the same kind of guy, so each draft we keep discounting every single young QB no matter their caliber. Each year is the same, we have "more important holes", "bigger needs", name it as you wish, but in football there's no bigger need than a good QB.
That "good QB" term is where it comes the real problem. Even some recent successful rookies like Big Ben, Vince Young or any other may impact on some decisions, the normal way to make a good QB is to draft a rookie and give him some time to grow and acquire some experience. This development process can be pointed at San Diego, Dallas and New England.
Nobody may ignore that and drafting a guy like Brady Quinn may look smart only if we gave the kid a normal development tracking, leaving him a backup role this season.

QB > OL > DL > RB > LB > DB > WR

I think we most definately need to draft a QB, not necessarily to be ready for next season, but for the future.. Otherwise we are going to continue down the same road we we've been on for far too long.. Get rid of the "stop gap" mentality and start looking to build a winner from the bottom up.. Whether it's Brady at 9 or Stanton at 39, doesn't matter but we need to get the best available QB to us.. With Cam and his crew grooming him the same way they were able to groom Brees and Rivers hopefully we will have something to look forward to..

I expect that we will draft a QB b/c Mueller's philosophy is that you draft one every year. I just don't think it will be in the first round. I also don't think it will be Quinn. I think he is overrated by fans but not by the scouts. There have already been murmurings about his lack of leadership, his lack of intelligence and his failure to produce against good teams. There was one mock draft posted in the VIP from the Sporting News paysite that had him going at #23. While mocks (especially early ones) are not reliable it does show that not everyone thinks that Quinn is a must draft at #9. It will be interesting to see how high Quinn is projected in the mocks as we get closer to the draft.

Like it or not, Daunte is our QB.

We are committed to Daunte. We have yet to see a fully healthy and fully aware Daunte.

Like 'em or hate 'em, the real injustice would be to toss him on the scrap heap after 1/2 season with a bum knee. It's not like Daunte forgot how to play football. Sheesh, calm down people.

I believe we need to draft a QB, but, not in the 1st. Not on the first day. First day picks come with too much pressure.

We need this organization worried about making Daunte the best he can be. The last thing we need is some pet project QB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round that makes the fans groan when Daunte throws an INT. The team and the fans need to be on the same page.

Draft a kid in the 5th or 6th to be our QB3. Cleo will bail us out if something goes wrong. But, the last thing a new coach needs at this point is a contraversy brewing in the media.

You people have no idea what you are asking for. Is it Huard or Fiedler? Feeley or Fiedler? Lucas or Fiedler?

I recall bashers witching and woaning when Fiedler was here. Then, when "their guy" finally got a chance (pick any of the army that came through here) and landed flat on his face... they suddenly realized Fiedler won games and wanted him back.

Daunte's our man. For better or for worse. But at least give it a chance.

And might I add another point... Would the geniuses wanting a QB please tell me who's gonna play LT? So after the first snap of the ball in Week 1 our "new young Franchise QB" doesn't get his head ripped off from a blindside sack.

BUILD THE D@M! LINE THEN GET A QB!

You people must build houses starting with the roof.

We are committed to Daunte. We have yet to see a fully healthy and fully aware Daunte.

Like 'em or hate 'em, the real injustice would be to toss him on the scrap heap after 1/2 season with a bum knee. It's not like Daunte forgot how to play football. Sheesh, calm down people.

I believe we need to draft a QB, but, not in the 1st. Not on the first day. First day picks come with too much pressure.

We need this organization worried about making Daunte the best he can be. The last thing we need is some pet project QB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round that makes the fans groan when Daunte throws an INT. The team and the fans need to be on the same page.

Draft a kid in the 5th or 6th to be our QB3. Cleo will bail us out if something goes wrong. But, the last thing a new coach needs at this point is a contraversy brewing in the media.

You people have no idea what you are asking for. Is it Huard or Fiedler? Feeley or Fiedler? Lucas or Fiedler?

I recall bashers witching and woaning when Fiedler was here. Then, when "their guy" finally got a chance (pick any of the army that came through here) and landed flat on his face... they suddenly realized Fiedler won games and wanted him back.

Daunte's our man. For better or for worse. But at least give it a chance.

And might I add another point... Would the geniuses wanting a QB please tell me who's gonna play LT? So after the first snap of the ball in Week 1 our "new young Franchise QB" doesn't get his head ripped off from a blindside sack.

BUILD THE D@M! LINE THEN GET A QB!

You people must build houses starting with the roof.

Why do you people keep defending a washed up QB with a bum knee.

He has done nothing for the Miami Dolphins.

Time to burn the bridge buddy! Get over it. He sucks!

Back
Top Bottom