Why we should stick with Griese for this season, a non-Jay hater's opinion. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we should stick with Griese for this season, a non-Jay hater's opinion.

What's the QB situation?

• Keep Griese in as starter, start Fiedler next season

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Keep Griese in as starter period.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Let Fiedler start (if FULLY healthy, not questionable or doubtful)

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • Doesn't matter until the Dolphins get a decent WR.

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
A lot of talk is going into the Griese-Fiedler debate. I'm not a Fiedler hater, he can play well when fully healthy. But for the remainder of the season, he won't play well. I just don't see Fiedler coming back instantly because he'll still have to get adjusted, and he takes a while to. He'll seem sluggish just like the NE game. For the remainder of the season, Fiedler should just be the No. 2 option unlike last year when we pulled Fiedler back in. And after this season, barring a long playoff run by Griese, he'll be starter next season.

Griese is doing fine for his situation considering he hasn't spent much time with the offense. 2-2 as a starter is still pretty good considering lucas went 2-4. He even scrambled for 6 yards against the Ravens. His only turnover wasn't even his fault. He's also playing with a crap WR in Derrius Thompson. Had the offensive line that showed up during the Ravens game played in the Colts game, I think we would have won. Griese is very much like the Qb's Turner has worked with like Brad Johnson. Griese as starter is probably better for Miami especially in the next couple of games; he has a higher QB rating against AFC East teams other than the Dolphins compared to Fiedler.

How many polls have you created on the same topic?>?

Originally posted by minus
How many polls have you created on the same topic?>?

Goes by the week whenever I see a multitude of posts that claim Fiedler should start with his bum knee and all.

Doubt his knee is so bum anymore. Let Fiedler start. If he does well the season is his to finish. If he does not Griese' season. This is a game we can win without a great QB performance so we need to get this controversy over with.

Originally posted by Jaj
Doubt his knee is so bum anymore. Let Fiedler start. If he does well the season is his to finish. If he does not Griese' season. This is a game we can win without a great QB performance so we need to get this controversy over with.

Even if Jay's knee is decent, it won't be completely healed for a long time, so that gets rid of his mobility factor. So, I'd rather Griese stay as starter since he's beginning to get used to it and it's not very good for the offense to switch QB's during crunch time. But I agree with the need to get over the controversy, obviously it's all in Wanny's hands, so let's hope he makes the right choice.

I say leave Griese in until he gets injured. I also say Brian needs three years to figure out if he is the guy for the team it's only fair we gave Jay that long,well less the time he has missed from injury and thats alot. I would love to never see Jay take another snap for this organization.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I say leave Griese in until he gets injured. I also say Brian needs three years to figure out if he is the guy for the team it's only fair we gave Jay that long,well less the time he has missed from injury and thats alot.

I agree, let Brian take his turn.

We're certainly going nowhere with this offense, so I say let Griese have the rest of the season to demonstrate what he can do, then likely dump them both and get someone good in the offseason.

You Griese pushers make me laugh as much as the Fiedler bashers piss me off (and yes, you can be in one camp but not the other or in both). If you look up "fragile QB" in the dictionary, you're going to see a picture of Brian Griese. Yeah, you probably will see Fiedler's picture just below it, but my point is that it's funny to see you guys talk about injury like that's one of Griese's strengths or something...

Edit to note that these two can't possibly compare to last year's Bears double bill: Jim Miller and Chris Chandler. There certainly wasn't a glass shortage in Evanston last year...

Now that I have that other statement over with, I'll say what I have said since about five minutes after the Patriots game:

Jay Fiedler should (and IMHO will) start when he is healthier than Griese is. Remember that Greise has a bum toe that won't be better until the end of the season when he has surgery. All those sacks can't help matters for Brian. I do hope that Fiedler will be ready for this week, but I'm thinking we're another week or two away in reality...

Originally posted by Regan21286
His only turnover wasn't even his fault.
How was it not his fault??? He threw into double coverage to Reed for an easy pick. Can't blame that one on anyone but him.

the pollster here doesnt have a clue, unless one of these guys leads us to the promise land, it is likely that BOTH are gone.....Fiedler definitely will be gone unless he comes back and starts firing the ball like Marino....

Then we go route of veteran or draft....

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
the pollster here doesnt have a clue, unless one of these guys leads us to the promise land, it is likely that BOTH are gone.....Fiedler definitely will be gone unless he comes back and starts firing the ball like Marino....

Then we go route of veteran or draft....
i agree we need to go for a a veteran. the players we have now won't make it that much longer.

i'd let fiedler start the rest of the way, and if griese won't take a pay cut, get rid of em both next year. but right now fiedler fits this team better than griese!;)

This season is going nowhere no matter who we put in. I mean do you guys honestly think that if Jay plays we will make a serious run at the Super Bowl?

We have had three years to see what Jay has. I say Brian stays and finishes it out. Chances are he won't make it either. But at least he gets a good long look.

I think we will be going completely a different direction this off season. New coach, new players, rebuilding time.

Back
Top Bottom